Antabuse Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antabuse Thread

I am certainly no expert but I do know that AB stays in your body for 5-7 days after ingesting and you absolutely cannot drink during that time, so I see no point in taking it every day, and taking it twice a day is overkill. Please talk to your doctor.
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Yeah, I think it is overkill as well. I was speaking with a family member about it and telling her that people get sick on any amount - even days later. (she doesn't have much knowledge of this). So I don't know why he has me on the highest dose for 30 days. I am sure my liver is just loving that, as well.

I know you have to wait a long time after stopping so this amount really seems unnecessary to me. I will only take one capsule tomorrow and see how I feel. I will discuss this with my doctor on Tuesday, when I see him. Thanks Lushy. xoxo

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Hi I am on antabuse studied up on it before making the choice so grateful for taking it
        For me it works I take it at nite as it made me drowsy thru the day I have been sober
        3 weeks and 2 days the longest in ten yrs so for me it works. As far as acholo prouducts I spray my perfumes on the lower part of my clother changed all my personal items to non and when out eating double check no booze in food. I love getting up in the morning not hung over and not remebering the nite before, knowing if I drink I will be violently ill blow that good disipline for me
        Maddy

Comment

Antabuse Thread

AFM...
          It does seem a high dose.
          I'm on 200mg/day, though when I started I was told to take 1000mg on day 1 then reduce it by 200mg a day.
          Maddy...
          I didn't take scrutiny of my food seriously enough at the start. I got caught out with a Christmas pudding. There was brandy in it. I was red and breathless for about an hour. Not a nice feeling. I check everything I eat and that goes onto my skin now.

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Wow AFM that does seem really high. I would take either 250mg or 500mg on Sundays to stay in my system 5 days and that was it. Once, I do mean once I was convinced I had received sugar pills (AL is a tricky little beast) and I drank some wine. I had the same reactions Pops did and my heart was pounding. To say your face is red it an understatement, it was like tomato, fire red. Will NEVER do that again. AB is serious business.

So proud of you on your AF lifestyle, hugs!!
            "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Antabuse Thread

question about ab

So I started on AB about 2 weeks ago. I have been drinking about 1 glass of wine a day on it 5 days/week. I find that the side effects of AB are not horrendous. I do get very flushed but 1 glass seems to be my limit, after that I cannot drink anymore. In terms of intake, going down to 1 glass is wonderful as I used to drink a whole bottle at a time. The only thing that I m beginning to notice is that I sometimes am very tired and have a mild headache. So what I am trying to figure out is if this one glass is making me tired and headachey and if going finally totally AF will make me feel better. I am not missing the whole bottle of wine at all, which is great. Is it the combo of the alcohol and the AB that is making me feel this way? I am thinking of just giving up the 1 glass of wine which doesn't scare me1!!! I started at 500 mg and after 1 week went down to 250 mg.
              Thanks for any input!

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Hi alvinmolly,
                I was told not to drink at all, under any circumstances as it could be dangerous. Flushing, fast heartbeats, nausea, thirst, chest pain, vertigo, and low blood pressure my occur if I do, so I don't. I stopped completely and drinking is something that I'm not interested in starting up again.
                The tablets do make you drowsy and although it says to take mine in the morning, my counsellor advised me to take them in the evening and as a result I have been sleeping wonderfully well.

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Alvinmolly,

It is very important not to drink while taking antabuse. You do liver damage from it.

hth,
                  Cindi
                  AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Antabuse Thread

hi all, have anyone tried the antabuse fro goldpharma.com , It seems not to have any effect on me. And I ma taking it for some time now. The package is real and the prospect is in spanish so it seems to real .

Anyone treid this from this site?

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Hi,
                      Found this site selling Antabuse (sorry if posting links is not allowed)

Antabuse (Disulfiram)

It sems very cheap but I've gotton Baclofen off of them before at iots been the real deal.
                      Started TSM 07/12 Pre TSM... 50-100 UK units

Drinking under control. Still shooting for abstinence.

Comment

Antabuse Thread

I just wanted to share my AB experience on this thread. I am on day 11 AF, thanks to Antabuse. I started taking (2) 250mg tabs for the first 10 days...today I will only take (1) 250mg tab, and continue taking that amount daily.

I have had no side effects on AB with any products or foods. I am so thankful to be on this drug, it has taken away all desire to drink. Just knowing that I will get sick has taken the daily struggle of "should I or shouldn't I drink today?" right off the table! There's no more thinking about it...it is simply NOT an option. I take my pill at 3pm daily, because that's when I noticed that my daily thoughts of alcohol would start...so after I've taken my pill, there's no need to even waste my time "debating"...the answer is already there.

I do not however recommend taking this drug if you are not 100% committed to being AF...no, if, ands or butts about it! You CANNOT take this drug and try to modify, the risks are too severe (sometimes fatal!). I've read a lot of posts where people are trying to work the "system" and figure out how long AB stays in your system so you can drink...please do not try this. As I stated before, if you are not committed to remain AF please don't take the chance. There are other drugs you can take that allow you to moderate.

I hope my information was somewhat helpful, anyone can feel free to write me if you have furrther questions...I am only on day 11 so I am no expert, but I do feel this drug has been a lifesaver for me.

K9
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Antabuse Thread

K9 - I took my first AB for the first time in a long time today - and I feel elated! I do not have a "decision" to make today about whether or not I should drink ... I poured an open bottle of wine down the sink because it will actually SPOIL because I am not going to drink it!

The longest stretch of AF days in the past 3 years was due to AB... It is a wonder drug for me... But you are right - you have to be 100% ready to go cold turkey - no moderating on AB! I have been so productive today - cleaning, yard work - I have an excitement about life right now... AL is not running the show today! I would love to know how you continue... Please feel free to PM me with how its going...
                          TThanks for sharing...
                          God gives his toughest battles to his strongest soldiers...

Comment

Antabuse Thread

hi there, im new. has anyone tried this drug who also takes thyroxine? if so were there any side effects?
                            The mind will intellectualize it, the heart will emotionalize it, yet the gut never lies.

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9/girly-wirly-s-toolbox-2-45452.html

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Hi Spirit!
                              How are you doing on the Antabuse? I am currently on Day 19 and I can honestly say that I haven't had any cravings. The thought of a racing heart, flushed face and vomiting is more than enough to stop them. I also went through a few triggers this weekend and was able to make it through, simply because I know that drinking is NOT an option. I hope you are finding continued success on it...for me it has been a lifesafer.
                              Let me know how you are!
                              xoxo
                              K9
                              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Antabuse Thread

Hi all,

Well I finally decided to get help with my drinking after unsuccessfully trying to quit for the past 2 years. I don't think I've even made it to a week sober in that time, and it seems like the more I tried to stop, the harder it was to do.

No one knows I have a problem, I've hidden it pretty well, drink at home alone, and don't socialize much. That's probably part of my problem too. And I'm so sick of feeling the shame in myself for drinking, and beating myself up and hating myself for it. So I called an made an appt with my doctor to ask for antabuse. The nurse gave me a hug and told me she was so proud of me for asking for help, and I have to say that's the first time I felt good about myself in a long time.

I'm on day 3 on antabuse now, and I'm definitely glad I'm taking it. I've had slight headaches over the last couple days, but it seems like they're going away. No drowsiness though, and I've been taking it in the mornings. I'm still having cravings, and am sometimes a little ticked off that I can't drink. But overall, I'm happy I'm taking this. I am completely terrified of what might happen if I drink even a little while on it, so I know I'm going to exceed my longest sober stint of 6 days. I am completely 100% committed to taking this every day, and not drinking. I have a 90 day script. I am worried about what I will do after the 90 days is over, whether I'll be able to keep up with not drinking or relapse, but hopefully I will be able to get and stay in the habit of not drinking.

Wish me luck, and I wish all of you the best!

Comment

Working...
                                X