Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AF Daily - Tuesday, March 6

Top of the morning to ya’, Abbies,

Got my caffeine kick early so I am feeling pretty chirpy.

I had this recurring thought over the past week – as I was perusing my journals, trying to understand where exactly did I lose the plot drinking-wise. I was looking for a “stop after 2 glasses” for such a long time, instead I managed to push my limit from half a bottle to 1 bottle and beyond. I know am still a fledging AFfer but I have been thinking that even if I could magically stop after 1 or 2 I would still not want AL in my body anymore. MWO has opened my eyes to the whole can of worms that AL is and I plan on never going back.

This is the week of social engagements / networking events – I have some do every night . It is a nice challenge – to smart myself up, attempt intelligent conversation and meet new people – all while holding a glass of tepid water in my hand. I have been feeling bad about my looks, complacent about my networking skills, holed up in the house in the evenings and numbing myself with AL for too long. Time to face the music and make do with what I’ve got. I am not going to get thinner or cleverer overnight, I am who I am at the moment and I am starting to like myself again.

The French press is full to the brim (unlike my dwindling French vocabulary) – no sweets today, lovelies – time to shape up.

Wish you all a truly wonderful day.
    workaholic, shoeaholic and yes ... alcoholic

Sausage, later on you will look at what you posted at witching hour and it will be like looking at your picture taken while on a rollercoaster – well, you are on the emotional rollercoaster of kicking the evil AL out of your life – and the monster will not go willingly. Better fasten your seatbelt!

Sugar – how are you feeling today?

AuntGriselda – I am currently reading a Miss Marple murder mystery where Griselda is the vicar’s much younger wife, she’s a hoot and so are you .

Sunny – You killed me with those pics, more more more !!!! I loooove the horses.

Fly – well done last night , I was at a business mixer, aware of the fact that I was the only one holding a glass of water.

Blondie - Rockland roks, but also rocks bottom these days - my friend told me lots of businesess closed last year - good time to buy, she keeps sending me property listings that are out of this world. I am not quite ready to retire but , man, am I tempted!!!

Comment

Morning Shue, its great to hear u each morning you're so positive and determined

So yes I've reached 2 weeks, having a hard time congratulating myself due the nture of my drinking. I get a month, 3 months , 7 months then bang, I go at it again. A bit down today,my head has been negetively nagging away at me since I got up, going to try some meditation and affirmations to try and halt it

Over and out for now and I'll check in later with hopefully a happier head
      "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Good morning Abbers everywhere!

!2 degrees here this morning, going to mid thirties if we are lucky--but then warming to close to 60 by Thursday. Can't wait for that!
        Have been starting the day with my apple cider vinegar (with the Mother, of course) in a bit of water. Am also putting the EVCO in my coffee--I have never added sugar, and don't taste much of the EVCO that way. Also putting it in my herbal tea. I am going to try cooking with it, too.
        I forget who asked yesterday--can't keep track of all the posts--but Turn recommended the Collagen for achy joints, which I have NEVER had until a couple of months ago. It is supposed to work better with the Hyaluronic acid, so I orderd that from Vitacost. I am hoping that I don't have Lyme Disease--it is difficult and expensive to diagnose and treat, and is becoming an epidemic here.
        Auntie, glad to see you here!! I do remember your posts for a while back. Stick with us. You can see that it is the first thing on my mind when I wake up. Usually don't have the energy to post at the end of the night, but I read every post on almost all of the threads.
        Pap3, sorry that DD doesn't have the thyroid problem. I remember when I so hoped that DH would test positive for it.
        Sunni, beautiful pics, but I do not envy you the snow! The farters look great--so happy to be out for a bit. I don't know why, but I had a dream last night that a horse was trying to bite me!!!
        To everyone, a great AF day! I am doing almost what I did yesterday: AA noon meeting, then I'll walk the short distance to my friend's flower shop and spend a few hours until Mr TDN picks me up for the gym. Had a women's meeting yesterday in place of the gym, so am looking forward to some exercise today! My friend also knows everyone in town, including everyone at the library, so she will surely give me a great recommendation. I hope they'll give me a chance to interview. Having the DUI charge makes me wonder.
        TDN
        "One day at a time."

Comment

Sorry I missed you, Sugar. I know what you are feeling. I never got more than a few days or a week in the last year or so. But we have to tell ourselves that this time will be different--just one day at a time.
          I'm going to start a new thread on the General Discussion area to ask about people's experiences with rehab. I am very curious about that, so maybe you'll chime in. I think you did say you'd been?
          Hang in--you can do it!!
          :lTDN
          "One day at a time."

Comment

Shue- that's great that you have a journal to refer to. I'd be terrified if I did one, someone would actually read it. I too have done the two glasses only and then worked my way to a bottle or more when I could. I hear you on the "looks." I'm working on re-dehydrating inside and out.

Sugar- way to go on 2 weeks. I know what you mean about going for months and then falling for that nasty voice in your head. I really don't want to start all over again. I'd be afraid if I fell it would take me longer and be even harder to dig my heels in again. That's exhausting! We just need to ride the waves. Eventually it will be a calmer sea.

Hello to all. I'm officially on day 14. Tomorrow I can say I'm 2 weeks in. The sugar cravings are way, way better and I've actually dropped a tiny bit of the 15 or so I need to lose. The exercise is really helping before work. It's my scale that needs to cooperate a bit more. I'll be lurking here and there. Have a great day!
            AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Good morning three dog! I was busy typing away and missed your post. I'd be interested in reading your new thread. Always great to read about people's opinions and experiences. Enjoy your day.

Fly- nice job on staying af at the Birthday dinner! That must feel spectacular!!!

Blondie- we've made to day 14. Woot!
              AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

It's da trying and failing at this stage that is kiling me, I knw it shoudn't matter but not many people have much faith in me a this stage. I don't want to drink ever again, I'm putting in the work but its hard to not care what others think.
                "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it"

Comment

Sugar, what puts you above others is the fact that you truly want to quit .. for yourself. Hang on to that - it's worth sooooo much.

Comment

I have faith in you sugar. One day at a time! You are caring about yourself right now and that's the number one priority. The rest will come.
                    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

:goodjob: Everyone! Yes, ALMOSTFAMOUS...we made it to our 14 days...now do we hear 21 days??? 21 days is the official number of days it takes to get into a new habit...although we know we AL addiction, it is much longer but hey, 21 days will be another notch in the ride! Well done! Also to you SugarBeat! There is a saying "Fake it until you Feel It"...also sorta like put a smile on your face and eventually you will WANT to smile. Cheer up girl, life is all about the way YOU think about it. Count your blessings, make your gratitude list, read more of Louise Hay, anything to STAY POSITIVE. It makes all the difference!

Shue, my favorite shop in Rockland on Main Street is a beautiful beachy cottage store called The Seagull Cottage. I hope she stays in business cause I always buy something when we stop in town. Great restuarants and the town still has that "real Maine" feel. I do miss Maine very much. I know Rockland is struggling right now, as are many places. I had my own gift shop in Mass in a coastal town and I had to close after 5 years...just couldn't make a living year round. Summers and Christmas were good but I starved the rest of the year. I was so relieved to start getting a paycheck and paid vacation again (Hadn't took a vacation in 6 years!). Things are looking much better for Mr. BlondeAF and me now. We are even thinking of perhaps buying a vacation propery in Coastal Maine if the prices keep down. We'll see. So many possibilities now that I am not wasting precious TIME AND MONEY on AL!

Thanks for the FPRESS Shue and agreed, let's skip the sweets this morning! Having some poached eggs this morning with my new device: Poach Pods...lol. Sometimes you just need some simple eggs, you know!? Best of luck with your social outings this week. I also don't ever want to go back to trying to mod at 2 glasses..."no more", only to dip into 3 and then so on. We have all been there I think. Easier to just not make it an option. Let's stay on the "bright side" as Papmom said when I came back to MWO a few weeks ago after a few months of straying!

TDN! YES! 60 degrees I hear on Thursday and I'm extra pumped cause I have that day off from work. Tomorrow I am also off but I gotta go to the Derm in Beverly to have a "questionable Nebulous" or something to that effect, checked out per Doc's orders. That's the only thing that came out uncertain on my physical last month. All other systems a go! So, in other words, I got a sketchy mole somewhere back there, not that I am of PALE skin or anything with my Scottish roots and all and I can't tell you how many times my back got burned when I was a kid. Pray for me that it is benign. Anywhoo, that is tomorrow afternoon, so I have to plan my day around that. Usually I am free and clear on my days off, but I gotta get this checked out.

Alright sober Sistahs, let's kick it today, the AF way! Hi to those yet to join us. I'll try to check in later. Will be a full day with work and then gym again. I'm about to throw a chicken in the crockpot, so din din will be ready and waiting when I get home. I've been doing this about once a week...I take a whole chicken and just throw whatever spices on it that appeal to me (favorite is the jerk seasoning we brought back from Jamaica), then let it cook on the lowest setting for 10 hours. It literally falls off the bone when its done and makes dinner a snap. So easy too boot!

Cheers to all, hope you have a great day!
                      Whatever you invest in the circle of LIFE is what comes back to you. Multiplied. What you give to people is what they eventually give back to you. Don't do the math. Just increase your LOVE.

BE HAPPY...BE CONNECTED...BE HEALTHY!
                      :h

Comment

sugarbeat;1275115 wrote: It's da trying and failing at this stage that is kiling me, I knw it shoudn't matter but not many people have much faith in me a this stage. I don't want to drink ever again, I'm putting in the work but its hard to not care what others think.
                        sugarb, that pain you're carrying around must be getting heavy. Why don't you set it down for a while? Pack it up, set it aside, and leave it alone. When you feel like it, you can get rid of it altogether. But for now, you can quit carrying it, OK? :l Today you, like all the rest of us, are a wonderful, vibrant, AF human bean and you can celebrate that all day long! :kudos:

I'm going to have to succumb to the neti pot. grrrrrr....
                        sigpic
                        Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

Blonde- sending positive thoughts regarding that mole!

Green- you're brave to tackle a neti. That things scares me just thinking about it. Feel better!
                          I'm off to work.....
                          AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Neti pots are gross greenie
                            Honestly, inhaling a nose full of steam & water in the shower is enough for me.......
                            Hope you feel better!

Good morning to everyone & congrats to all the 2 week winners!!!!

Expecting a high in the 40's today & sun which will be OK for a walk thru Longwood Gardens. The real nice weather is due to show up tomorrow - yay!

sugarbeat, please don't beat yourself up with negative thoughts - they hurt!
                            Sending you positive vibes - you can do this just like the rest of us. Stick with us & you will be OK
                            btw - you don't know my story but.......my chronically negative thinking husband felt the need to run away from home 1 full year after I quit drinking. He couldn't stand seeing my happiness

Wishing a terrific AF Tuesday all around!
                            Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

a milion thanks for the hwp people and thanks for caring

Atm, I am a bit sad, I'm staying with my mam and dad, I get up help around the house I'm not madly chatted and really not at the dancing clown phase yet. I went to a meeting this afternoon, and as soon as I came back I walked in on my mam asking my dad how I got on in her secretive voice, which is alright, my dad siled at me as she didn't see me and said you can ask her yourself

Then I had dinner and came back down after for a cuppa tea and again unknown to my mother I walked in on her leaning over the table telling my Dad in her 'secretive voice' again that I was 'cracked' anxious and depressed and not right, then she spotted me, and was all sorry and was only feeling sorry for me and that I'm not the same girl they knew 2-3 weeks ago (pre my slip0 but I was angry, didnt show it, just walked away. I know they care but christ if people keep telling you are something its bound to stick. I'm finding it hard to distinguish how I feel myself and how others are telling me how I feel. Now I have tears dripping down my face.

Comment

Working...
                              X