Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beach girly, nobody needs to go to Edmonton in the winter! Cowboy are you making names up? Quinzee? Are you taking about a snow Fort?
    Lol
    Goodnight everyone
    Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
    "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hey everyone. Hope those snowed in are safe x

Comment

Howdy everyone! Nar, those eastern Canadians use fancy names for everything lol, us rednecks just call it a snow fort!

BG - Our 2 oldest daughters live in Vancouver, we are heading out there the end of April for a visit before seeding season starts!

Ginger - I enjoy having 4 seasons, I enjoy the snow, but not the extreme cold. Nothing wrong with hiking in 70's weather in January though!

MS - where about's do you call home? Actually, where do we all call home? Bubba and I live in a small town of about 5000 in northeastern Alberta.

Have a great day my friends, I know I will!
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

So travel ban lifted. Not as bad as originally forecast, thankfully. I think Connecticut and Long Island got hit hard, we re ok. Anyway home today and tomorrow. Making some chili after we dig out. Check back later. Is it spring yet?

Comment

ABC, We live in eastern Washington so we have the four seasons too. When I was younger I spent the winter cross country skiing. We camped under the stars. Still can't believe I did that! My hubs doesn't like to ski so eventually I quit. My problem, if I can't get outside for exercise my SAD really hits hard. That's why I'm a snowbird now.

Liz, glad you faired okay with the storm. The pictures on the news for some places are crazy!! I bet those easterner here in Phoenix for the superbowl are happy to be here.

Pauly, how are you doing girl? Hope everyone is doing okay. Guard your AFness with your life! It depends on it!
            Last edited by Ginger999; January 27, 2015, 09:38 AM.

Comment

Hey!
              Hope everyone is well:-)

Cowboy- home is London.
              Lived in America 2003-2007. East coast. Loved it :-)

Just in the middle of dinners baths etc.

Have a good day/evening everyone.

Comment

That quinzee/snow fort you built sounds awesome cowboy!! Do you have any pics??

I'm a northern Ontario girl and love all seasons!But I like Ginger's way of thinking, snowbirds are a great way to go as well (at least for a month or so!)
                Last edited by open halo; January 27, 2015, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Hi everyone, lots of fellow Canucks on this thread. I am in Eastern Ontario close to Ottawa. I just moved from Gatineau (my kids call it the Dark Side) where I lived for the past 12 years. Living back in an English community has done wonders for my sobriety. I`ve really been doing well even when I was `moderating` (a word I don`t have much faith in). I have made some great new friends in my new community and that helps with the loneliness that was a catalyst for my drinking when I lived in the province of Quebec.

Ginger, your mom is in good hands now. Take time for you while you can. You will have years of caregiving when you get back so now it`s your time... hope you don`t mind me saying that.

We`ve had a winter with very little snow; it`s been FREEZING but not snowy. Even if it starts now, come Spring it`ll melt faster because of less accumulation. That makes me happy although I love snowshoeing.

AB Cowboy I think I`m on day 17 ... you are right beside me which makes me feel good.

Well sorry I don`t check in as often as I should. I get caught up reading the other threads and seem to always get interrupted. Living so close to my kids and grandkids, they are always dropping in... I LOVE IT !! but not much time for me.

Happy Tuesday Evening!
                  "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                  Lao-Tzu

Comment

GMAE all and a happy hump day.

Lots of ups and downs over the past six months (not sure the last time I checked in here. Think it was shortly after I first saw the psych.) but started checking back in with the nest. Busy as hell at work as they keep putting more on me and my team. Sometimes feels like we're on two separate teams actually. Just have to sit back and ask myself what I've been learning. Drinking back and forth but finally back to where it was December 2013; less than six on a slip and determination returning. Time to get back to the Dojan, back to meditation and remembering how to relax. Thursday I set up my weekend retreat at the zen monastery and can't wait. Meanwhile enjoying the snow like it sounds some of you are.

Time to try and sleep. Check back in the morning and read back over what I've missed. Night.
                    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
                    Newbies Nest Roll Call
                    Toolbox
                    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Morning all. Just logging in whilst feeding baby.

Back to D1. Moderating drinks but telling myself I'm not drinking makes me stock pile :-(

Comment

MinStar, I love London! My daughter studied there for a semester, we went over several times to visit.
                        Congested and a bit under the weather today. Kitchen demolition in progress. Took out the counter tops yesterday. No sink or water. I use the sink downstAirs in the laundry room. I will try cooking later, though. New counter tops should be in a about a week or so.

Comment

Wow sounds like your kitchens coming along Lizann.

Oh where did she study? I worked at Kings College before having babies :-)

Comment

Ori, Welcome back! We missed you. I'm glad you are getting back your resolve to make this your last quit.

Min, well back to D1 it is then. Do you have a plan in place to tackle that urge to drink when it starts up? We all need a plan. I will do: A then B then C, etc. If you haven't, you need to go to the toolbox and read the suggestions there and find a few that will work for your situation. Write them down if you'd like and carry it around. Reach in your pocket and touch it. Make this real for you. If you want this quit it's going to take work and it's going to be really hard. That will last several weeks. At least it did for me. Some days early in my quit it took every ounce of resolve to just get through the day. Once you get that behind you, you'll never want to have to go back there so it gets easier and easier to say no to AL. Everybody needs a plan to ever get this done!

Hope everyone has a great AF day. 💞

Comment

University college of London, MinStar.

Comment

MinStar,where did you live on the east coast? I am in northern New Jersey and wouldn't want to live anywhere else!

Comment

Working...
                                X