Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And a warm welcome Lola.
    “If we are facing in the right direction, all we have to do is keep on walking.” – Zen proverb

"See it as it is, not worse than it is just so you have a reason not to try." - Tony Robbins.

Newbies Nest
    Newbies Nest Roll Call
    Toolbox
    Cattleman Cafe

Comment

Welcome back, Ori. Glad you came back to us. Sorry about the up and downs. What can we do to help?

Lola, I love sparkling water with lime. Keeping it simple.

Vance had a very good day. Guess it was just a bad flu. Scary as hell in any case!

Chief, What's up?

Staying strong here! Back later...

Comment

Good to see you, Ori. I wish we could do something to help you get motivated to not drink. I know you want to...

Glad to hear you're doing well and not liking the very idea of drinking, Lola...that means a lot. I know if I took a drink it wouldn't be five minutes before I would deeply regret it. I don't want to ride that roller coaster.

Glad Vance is okay, Ginger. I drink sparkling water too. I really like it. Yesterday was my daughter in law's birthday and we went out to a Japanese restaurant where they cook everything in front of you with all the fancy knife work and flames. It was so cool to watch my 4 year old grandson and my 95 year old aunt watch the chef do his magic. Neither one of them had ever seen that before. It was a good time. My aunt is still talking about it tonight....

I ran a 5K race yesterday morning and it was about 45 degrees and 5 minutes after it started it started pouring down rain....everyone was soaking wet! Sounds crazy I know, but it was fun.

Hope everyone has a good Monday! Enjoy your AFness....

Don

Comment

Ori, next time I have a sugar craving I'll try and remember to eat a turkey.....

Comment

Shoot! I'm vegan. I wonder if Tofurkey would work. LOL

Chief, Sounds like a great run. This sister trip has been laden with bad food and AL. I've easily avoided the AL but the bad food....ugh! I'll be happy to get back to my clean food but I would have never have missed this trip for the world. So many good laughs! Great golf yesterday with my older sis. Golfed with a lovely couple from Canada. May try and look them up this winter while we are down south. They are snow birds too.

SS, looking forward to seeing you back here soon!!

Comment

Just checking in......where is everyone? Everything's good here. It's been raining for a couple days but now it's suppose to be sunny for4 or 5 days. I hope so because I have to pick up leaves and mow. Time to pull up all the vegetable plants, get rid of weeds and get things put away for winter.....although I remember last year I mowed on Dec 7th, then starting in January we had one of the worst winters in 30 years. You never know here....

Hope all is well with everyone.

Comment

Hi everyone... I'm checking in as I've decided to jump back into my blog and sober sites to give it another go. I have not been drinking crazy amounts of booze but since I bowed out have been trying to romanticize my former drinking life. It's not been working. I can't get back into the swing of enjoying my wine. I feel too let down and disappointed in myself to really ever drink again. Sounds weird but I'm at the point where it just isn't worth it. I did those four months with your help Ginger and Chief and want to stick around to do another round; maybe this time it'll stick. My life is becoming more stable with the house near completion and providing shelter for us with this cool weather. No more excuses to drink.

Ginger I am glad Vance is over his painful episode. Our grandchildren are everything to us, aren't they. You have been a rock in my sobriety; I wish I had been there more for you.

Chief, you really showed you cared with your warning me to stay close and not to bow out when I did. I am safe and sound and sober as of yesterday. My little forage into the past drinking life has resulted in an anti-climatic little hiccup and I don't need the wasted time and effort thinking about drinking. One thing I loved about my four month period of abstinence was that I had stopped obsessing over it. I am anxious to get there again.

Welcome Lola, you are in good hands with these two sober warriors at your side.

I was stressed all day yesterday with the shooting of the innocent ceremonial guard in the downtown area of Ottawa where I live. My son is a Government worker and his building was on lock down all day as well as my four year old granddaughter's school. We were upset all day. So sad.

Happy to be back!
                "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                Lao-Tzu

Comment

Welcome back, SS. We have missed your wisdom here so much. I was so sorry to read/hear about the shooting. Glad your family is safe and sound.

Vance spent the night last night with us. I just needed to hang with my little buddy up close and personal. He is such a sweet little guy. I love all my gkids so much.

Lola and Ori, looking for an update from both of you! Chief, as alway....glad you are here.

Comment

I am so glad you're back, SS!!! We missed you and were worried about you. One of the things I've learned in this journey is we can't make someone want to quit drinking. You have to want it from within. I always like to say that for me, it got to the point that quitting drinking was easier than continuing to drink. It was just too much work to drink. I wasn't enjoying it.

It sounds like you are there....and that's great. It's a turning point when we realize that drinking ISN'T fun, romantic, relaxing, well deserved, etc.... not for us. Welcome back and we're so glad we can look forward to your advice to the people who are reading these posts and are on the verge of jumping in with us. I'm also glad your family is alright. It's a crazy world we live in.

Ginger, I know you enjoyed your night with Vance. My 4 yr old grandson spends the night with us every Saturday and we so enjoy it. They don't stay little for long.

Have a good day everyone! I'll check in later...

Don

Comment

Delighted to be back with you all. I hope I can be of some help to others rather than just taking, taking taking.

My granddaughter is already planning on spending overnights with us when the house is completely ready. She has 'her room' and is excited. So am I. She's four.

Our new kitchen has a lovely wine rack that we designed when I was still a nightly drinker. It's so funny how the mind works. My alkie brain tells me that we have to have wine in the wine rack and it's there for us to drink. We also have a cold water faucet attached to our new fridge but i hate ice cold water. i would not even dream of having to drink the cold water from the fridge dispenser because it's there. It's there for others to enjoy. I don't drink ... cold water and I don't drink wine!! Or beer or booze of any sort. Crazy alkie brain.

Hoping all is well today with you and sending positive vibes to those who are struggling. Off to buy something to cook in our new convection oven. So happy.
                      Lao-Tzu

Comment

Yes, it is crazy how The Beast puts those thoughts into our minds. Sometimes I actually find myself laughing at some of the things he tries to get me to consider.....lol.

It's funny that SS, Ginger, and I all have a grandchild that's four. They're so cool at that age. My grandson and I went and got a haircut today and then we went to the gym and went swimming for 2 hours. He's been taking lessons all summer and is comfortable in the water and is a pretty good little swimmer. It's fun to watch him.

Well, time for me to hit the nest......see you all tomorrow.

Don

Comment

Four year olds are great.. Mine is a sweetie. My new neighbour has a 60 foot indoor pool and she left the house to me this weekend (I'm watching her dog) and said I could invite anyone over for a swim... The little one will be my first invite. She loves the water. Isn't it great to be active in their lives?

No booze tonight. How's everyone doing?
                          Lao-Tzu

Comment

Hey, SS! Doing great here. Enjoy that little girl. They are amazing. I'm so glad I can be the grandma I should be to my little gkids. Chief, sounds like a great day with the little one.

Sure would like to hear from Lola and Ori!?!

Comment

Another sober evening and feeling great this morning. I am so glad to be back. I was just commenting on my blog that I realize I cannot take `breaks`and still remain sober. I have to stay close. Sobriety for me equals comradery with like minded people. Without that link, I am doomed.

If Ginger hadn`t friended me on Facebook, I may have never returned. She politely but persistently nudged me back into the fold and for that I will always be grateful.

Lola and Ormimus, I just relapsed after four good months. Even if you are drinking, the key is to stay here and immerse yourself in others struggles and advice. It can`t do you harm and will probably be instrumental in your recovery.

That`s just my two cents.
                              Lao-Tzu

Comment

SS, I selfishly nudged you back as much for you as for myself. We are in this together and we all need each other to make this quit our last. I'm so glad you are back and posting.

Howdy to everyone else. Hope to hear from Ori and Lola soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X