Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, Don!! Grandkids are the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizann View Post
      Spirit, thanks for the FYI. I think I understand what you are eluding to. I feel a bit naive, to say the least. My family thinks this is important for me, it is affiliated with a church. I will rethink this whole 12 step thing. I have heard a lot more negative than positive about it and I didn't want to do it in the first place.
      I occasionally attended a few meetings in churches and the members really do tend to be of a different mindset than that of AA meetings in other locations.

Comment

Woo-hoo twins!! I'm very happy for you Don Kell and her bf are thinking about another baby, she says no but he says yes,I'm undecided,not sure if I can keep up with a toddler and a baby, when Louie was tiny I was petrified to watch him,it had been so long since I even held a baby, ugh,see what happens, hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday, I'm gonna make tacos and just watch tv,I know I know, exciting life haha but I worked today and just wanna kick back, love to all
        I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
        Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Ginger - I am thinking of you and your family as well. Poor Mom - she sure has had a rough time lately.

Hi to Pauly, Liz, Cowboy, Spirt - hope everyone is happy and healthy today.

I have been busy with the two jobs, so was barely here last week. Tomorrow is my mother’s 80th bday, so I have a party planned for her and the whole family (that are local).

Had a very strange thing today. I was at the local market, looking at all fresh organic veggies and natural clothing etc. Wonderful healthy environment. Then there was a booth with wine tasting for one of the local wineries. (which happens to make very good wine). It wasn’t close, but I almost went to the booth without thinking... it was just a split second, but that just shows how ingrained it is in our minds. I got out of there quick. I went and bought shoes instead - hahah.

Anyways, have a wonderful evening and peaceful day tomorrow.

Comment

Thank you spirit. Hubby is still insisting on coming. Is that a bad thing?

Comment

Thanks, BG. It sure has been hard for Mom. Now this shoulder thing changes everything with PT. I'm on a quest to find a way to help her though. I can be a "dog with a bone" when necessary and I don't mind being the "annoying" family member when if needed! Glad you made the right choice. Shoes last WAY longer than stupid wine anyway. It is a reminder of just how much we have to avoid the stuff though. I like the sounds of that store you were in though. Was it Whole Foods?

Liz, hope things go well at the next meeting. I sure am thinking about you and hubby.

Pauly, are you feeling any better? Have you ever tried a dietary cleanse? I don't know much about them but I've heard friends say they really help reset the body functions.

SS, where are you? I miss your wisdom around here. Check in!!

Chief, you are such a good granddad! I love seeing your posts on FB of the little guy.Now two more to love on. Whoot whoot.

OH, how are you doing now that you are home from vacay?

ABC, I could sure use you around my house. I have some siding that needs replaced where the old dog door was. How about you guys head on down here and get to work? And don't forget to bring Hank. I have a pretty little girl here that would love to romp with him in our back yard! She's my avatar and the "real" Ginger.

Spirit, hope you can hangout with us! Like ABC says, "we are just a bunch of quiters".

Life here is pretty much the same. So glad with all of Mom's stuff that I'm not drinking. Instead of making me want to drink, all of this has made me more deligent in my quit. I can't even imagine getting up and starting the day, if I'd gone to bed drunk. So I'm still looking for silver linings. I'm so glad you guys are out there! Have a great AF day!

Comment

Morning everyone! A bright sunny day here in N.E. Alberta, didn't get any of the snow/rain that they forecast yesterday and with the warmer temps, the snow is melting fast! Hank is enjoying having grass to play on again! No earth shattering news here, just one day at a time and those days are getting easier and easier!

Ginger, you've been at home for a while now, I bet the feet are getting itchier and itchier lol. Think I'll have to start calling you the Gypsy Lady! The day will come when your mom gets back to a new normal, then you, hubby, and Ginger can take flight again! I have a few things that need taking care of around our house and at the farm before I dare pack up and head down there or I might get sent to a basement bedroom lol.

Halo, where did you get to? Get back here and kibitz along with the rest of us!

BG, have fun at the birthday party, but not the wrong kind of fun eh!

Pauly, love reading your posts and find they most always bring a smile to my face! Keep on keeping on girl!

Liz, did you really need to make that stop? I bet not....

Chief, did you decide on a mower yet? Still putting in the OT?

Didn't mention everyone, but thinking of you all, you guys are the wall that separates me from my past! Thank you! Have a peaceful Palm Sunday....
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hello friends, Ginger, I have thought about a cleanse but with my weirdo blood sugar I have to eat or I get crazy, food not juice or smoothies,I'm starting to think I have a yeast overgrowth in my body, every time I take something that's supposed to be good for me, such as ACV,garlic, turmeric, I get a die off reaction of some sort, feels like I'm headachey and sick,I take probiotics but still take in sugars so that doesn't help matters,it's sunny here and was 90 degrees yesterday I put on suntan lotion to get my tan started, Louie already has a head start on me haha,He's outside more, I'm either working or home in the house, hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday, much love to all

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning gang.
                    Quick check in before the big B day party for Mom. My brother, who lives in India, sent a video of the kids singing Happy Birthday for her - soooo cute. She will love that.

Pauly - I am starting Dr Hymans 10 day detox tomorrow. You should go to his site and read about sugar and the way our bodies feel as we are detoxing. It might take a few days to get it out of your system and then you will feel better?
                    http://drhyman.com/ lots of good info there, even if you do not do the challenge. It is about eating clean, no processed food.

Ginger - great to hear from you. Hang in there Chickie!!!

Hi to everyone else, Have a wonderful Sunday.

Comment

Happy Sunday evening everyone! Big Congrats Chief on the grandbaby twins. Fantastic news.

Have read back and enjoyed the posts immensely. This is such a great place to share thoughts and family dynamics, and I realize how much I learn from everyone here. I am doing great on the AF life, and like Ginger am glad for it, my grandmother passed away and she and I were very extremely close. My mom (her only daughter) passed away 10 years ago and I feel like I've lost the whole part of my mom now that my grandma has passed away. I am so grateful I am not drinking and therefore not using my "grief" as a reason to drink even more. I am just trying to focus on the wonderful memories.

Have not been checking in as frequently, but am thinking of all of you. Ginger, pauly, cowboy (so happy you got to be a cowboy for the day!), beachygirl, chief and liz, here's to another AF week under our belts. WE ROCK! Also a big welcome to spirit!!

Comment

Cowboy, of course I did not need to make that stop! You gave me much to think about, I will respond. Anyway, good busy day today, my house is clean.

Comment

Open, I'm so sorry for the loss of your grandma. Sending you a big cyber-hug.

Comment

hi Open,
                            I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother. I can tell from your post how much you love her. Glad you are strong and thinking of all the wonderful memories. Big Hugs!

Comment

Hello friends, OH,I too am sorry about your grandmother, very glad you're not drinking though took my walk this morning and took a new path it felt pretty far but when I got home and checked my fitbit on my phone it was only 6,000 steps I'm pissed cuz when I don't get those steps in the morning it feels useless to even go,Liz,come clean my house haha,I can't keep up with it,Louie may be little but he's a hurricane of activity and messes,plus living here you HAVE to dust daily, hope everyone enjoyed their weekend, it was slow on here over the weekend, not just our thread but all over the board, I would think people need more support over the weekend but they're probably keeping busy with family and things, I just want to ask you guys to post even if you have nothing much to say it's still good to not feel alone,work today, hope it's busy, hi to Cowboy, Beachy,Ginger, Chief, let's have a nice Monday

Comment

So sorry oh about your grandmother! Glad you are doing well in your afness.
                                How is it Monday already? Off to food shop with the masses. Check in later!

Comment

Working...
                                X