Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy everyone! It's been a crazy past couple of days, tax time, I guess I had too good of year with the business and now the tax man wants his share of the good fortune! To top it off, our business accounting software has to be upgraded, but the new upgrade isn't compatible with Windows XP which our old laptop runs on, so we got a new laptop, installed the upgraded software, now it won't accept the existing data! Seven years of customers, invoices, venders, inventory, etc, and having trouble getting the upgrade to recognize it! It's enough to drive a man to drink, but I didn't lol! oh well, will have to call the help line and sit on hold forever for the "next available customer representative"!

I'll have time over the weekend to catch up on everyone here, that is if Bubba's new blinds for the living room are an easy instal lol. Have a great Friday my friends, the start of another AF weekend for all of us!
    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Hi All.....
      I'm making time to read whenever I can but I don't have much wisdom to share right now. I'm a little mentally exhausted. Just wanted you all to know that I'm around and AF. Tomorrow is 300 days.

Off to the races! Check back later.

Comment

Wow - Ginger - 300 days. That is a huge accomplishment. I am proud to be following in your footsteps.

Hope things are good with Mom and family. Hang in there.

BG

Comment

Hi Friends,

As promised, I am here and have read back a bit. Actually, I had been reading, enjoying the support. Just did not have the mental energy to post.
          I went back to work yesterday, and my boss asked how I was doing. I told her I was keeping things in their compartments. Not thinking about Melissa while at work. It was the only way to get through. I am definitely in the denial stage!

Ginger - see above

Cowboy - Tax season. Oh my goodness, yes... thanks for reminding me. I am usually the one who has everything done on Jan 2 and waiting for the T4's.

Open - great to see you. I would say your hubby is anything but soft. He is there supporting you. Funny what people say isnt it? Probably to justify themselves?

Welcome to Jacqrabit. Good luck with the anniversary party this weekend. We are all here for you.

Lizann - Sisters, oh boy. I guess because this is new news for them, they feel they need to do something. Pretty sure it will settle down when they see what fantastic progress and determination you are showing.

Min - are you sleeping any better? So many suggestions for sleep, but I think maybe it is just a process we need to work though. I did not have much of an issue with this..as I have always enjoyed my sleep, day, night, car rides...

Pauly - great posts about families and drinking. It is hard when it is family isnt it? My mother is a drinker, she knows she has a problem, but at 80 has chosen not to change it. My brothers are like Lizann's sisters. Constantly on her case. I have chosen not to say anything anymore. At least she answers the phone when I call and I know she is ok. She does not answer when my brothers call.

Chief - the special time with your grandson sounds like fun. Pancakes is always a treat.

Orimus - Hi there, that Zen retreat sounds wonderful. You have been so busy, this will be a time for you to slow down and just "be". Time to think of yourself. Enjoy.

I am off for a morning walk. It is a bit of a grey day, but not raining, so the doggies will not get mucky. My son then has rowing practice this afternoon. So much fun to watch the teens all work together to get the boats in and out of the water. Good to see him off the computer and enjoying the outdoors and "real" friends. (says I as I type my online friends a message - haha - he is still in bed, he doesnt see me)

Have a great day everyone

Comment

Hey all. Long,busy day. Our oldest came over for dinner and visited for a bit after work. Will read back and post more tomorrow. Still AF. Good night.

Comment

Good morning. As promised I read back.

Beachygirl, good for you getting through your day. I would love to watching rowing. I live by a river and sometimes we see them crewing (I think that's how it's spelled). Would love to do it. Went kayaking on a recent vacation and enjoyed that. Hmm maybe hubby will buy me one.

Pauly, didn't realize you had such a large family! I guess your siblings aren't all over you for drinking then, huh? My family are tea totalers. How the heck did I let this happen to me? Not a freaking clue.

Ginger, how is mom doing? Are siblings helping you out? It's so hard with aging parents. Went through it with hubby's parents. My parents are still alive and well. Dad will be 86 next month.

Cowboy I will be getting new blinds for the kitchen as well. How did the install go? Come on over and do mine, ok?

So today's project will be to hook up the tv in the kitchen, I hope. I love me some tv in the kitchen. Probably a bad habit but whatever. Maybe a movie tonight we shall see.

Happy Saturday guys. Thanks for being here and for the support. Still AF!

Comment

Howdy everyone! My Saturday is going even better than expected... got my updated business software up and running without losing any data, and Bubba's new living room blinds went in relatively easy! Now she just has to order a new valance to cover the mounting hardware... but all in all a great day and there's men's curling on the boobtube tonight!

Liz, isn't it amazing what a few changes can do to a house, almost like brand new again! You'll be cooking in a fully functioning reno'd kitchen in no time..

Ginger, 300 days!! You rock!! And keeping the quit with all that's been happening is a miracle in itself...

BG, how did the funeral go, I'm thinking it's over and you attended? Just think, you have another angel watching over you!

Ori, Chief, Min, and SS - looks like we have to send a posse out after you guys! Hope all is well in your respective world's

Halo, it's always refreshing to read your posts, the positive attitude you have about your quit is contagious...

Funny how people come and go throughout the threads, they pop in, say hello, and then we don't hear from them again. Well, if you are lurking and reading, just know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers.....

And Pauly, it gives me great pleasure to say

on your last 1 month milestone!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Thanks Cowboy I wonder about the people who drop in also,a lot of newbies I've greeted throughout the years just disappear perhaps they found MWO while drunk internet surfing and then forgot? I was blazing drunk when I stumbled upon the site,but I fell in love with it immediately, some of the old timers that were here when I joined are gone too and I always wish they would have stayed around, very lovely people who left lazy Saturday for us,I worked today and just wanna kick it with hubs, Louie and Brady,hope everyone is enjoying their day, Min needs to check in,haven't seen her in a bit
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yes where is Min?

Comment

Hey Pauly - that is some great bouncing bear(?) - congratulations!!!

Comment

Hello friends, couldn't find the thread with all that darn spam! Ugh,waited too long to eat this morning and I can feel it, too used to my routine and eating at certain times of the day, just gonna laze around today, it's overcast and cozy threads been too quiet lately and I don't like that, everyone try to post when you can,even if it's something mundane like what your cooking for dinner haha,I don't want to see the thread die,hope everyone is having a great Sunday, back to my laziness

Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hey Chickie Pauly,
                          Glad you bumped the post. I am at work, and on phone - hard to find.

Enjoy your day

Comment

You too Beachy

Comment

That was the worst spammer ever! Bubba and I just got back from breakfast out, watching curling, and the first Sunday of every month is "talk to the kids" day, so will do that later...

Comment

Here with Mom like every morning since getting home. I can't believe how much stronger she's becoming. I spend the morning helping her get ready. I work in a shoulder message too. The torn rotator cuff seems to be improving. We see the ortho doc Thursday. Hoping for good news!

Hope everyone is guarding their quit. The hard stuff is so much easier without AL preset!

Comment

Working...
                                X