Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone in the First Week of Their Unpteenth Quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all.

I'm lurking! Not doing as well this week. We came back from mums so after a good AF stretch I failed. I don't know why I keep falling into this pattern. Back on it again today.

Thanks cowboy lizann and all others for checking in on me. Just lurking and not posting until you asked after me.

I'll check out the army thread cowboy. Think the time difference will help. M
    Hope everyone else is hanging strong. Knitty you sound on form!!!

Comment

Hey Min - good to see you. I see you found the Army thread too. Sorry we are on different time zones. It's hard sometimes.
      Hang in there!!
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Originally posted by MinStar View Post
        Hey all.

I'm lurking! Not doing as well this week. We came back from mums so after a good AF stretch I failed. I don't know why I keep falling into this pattern. Back on it again today.

Thanks cowboy lizann and all others for checking in on me. Just lurking and not posting until you asked after me.

I'll check out the army thread cowboy. Think the time difference will help. M
        Hope everyone else is hanging strong. Knitty you sound on form!!!
        Good job Min!

Comment

Morning all.

More reading and posting. The Army thread moves rather fast. As I don't check much during the day I feel I've missed most of the convo by the time I get on.

New week. New Start.

Blue- how are you?

Hope everyone is staying strong. congrats Knitty. You've done really well. I think I'd started one of my umpteenth AF D1 with you. Just seeing you get to one month has made me think it could've been me!

Lizann, Pauly, Ginger, Beachy, Cowboy, And all the others I've not mentioned- come in and day hello!

Comment

Good to see you min! Struggling here too. Went to Massachusetts this weekend with my sister and my daughters. I just felt like all eyes were upon me. That awkwardness with my sister was in my head, it's just different with her now. Anyway we did a lot, saw a lot, ate and walked a lot. It was a lot of fun. Keeping super busy is important for me. I guess being bored is a trigger I hadn't realized.
            Anyway have a good, easy Monday guys.

Comment

Hi all,
              Gone golfing for a few days. So happy to see all of you checking in and supporting one another. Stay close and stay strong. Love you guys!!

Comment

Hello all. Back again on this thread. This time actually making changes. The changes that I need to do to stay sober.
                Been reading through the threads like crazy (like I should be doing) and it is motivating.
                Anyways. Happy Monday all (I hate Monday's but it's a long weekend here in Canada so it's all good-lol).

Comment

Hi everyone....not disappearing. Had the busiest week ever.
                  I had 6 days AF. Turned 50 on Thursday and my sister came round so that was it. Next night I had a birthday party. Did not overdo it but still....
                  I knew it would be a tough call over this period so will not going to worry about it.
                  Had the best week. My kids took me to a hotel and out for dinner. We went to a pub with great music. I did not drink and had a great night. Then next day was my birthday. I have had visitors to my house all week with gifts, flowers, donations. Had the party in aid of liver cancer research and we raised almost 800.
                  Things are calming down now so I can concentrate on getting sober.
                  IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                  Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Originally posted by MinStar View Post
                    Morning all.

More reading and posting. The Army thread moves rather fast. As I don't check much during the day I feel I've missed most of the convo by the time I get on.

New week. New Start.

Blue- how are you?

Hope everyone is staying strong. congrats Knitty. You've done really well. I think I'd started one of my umpteenth AF D1 with you. Just seeing you get to one month has made me think it could've been me!

Lizann, Pauly, Ginger, Beachy, Cowboy, And all the others I've not mentioned- come in and day hello!
                    Hey Min! I'm doing good! Thanks for asking!

Comment

Hi guys!

Happy Belated Birthday Dasiy!!!🎂🍨
                      I'll be 50 September 2nd.

Bri- you can do it!

Liz- yea...I think bordem is a trigger for me to.

Ginger- enjoy your golfing!

Everyone have to a successful day!

Comment

Quick check in from work - was able to read back but can't comment because of all eyes on my screen.
                        But, I'm so glad to see you all posting and glad that we are in this together!!!
                        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Hope everyone is doing well, have been away and that is not a good thing. I have an apt in 10 days with a therapist, it can't come too soon. Meanwhile am keeping AL at bay , I want to go back to where I was doing so well. Fell badly this weekend, and am now in a state of depression where I can barely function.

I haven't had a chance to read back but I hope everyone is doing great and having a wonderful summer. I will get to a better place, I just have to, there is no other option.

Comment

Good to hear from you OH,sorry you're struggling and feel depressed this is such a tough thing to beat,I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy
                            I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                            Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Good to see you back OH. I am sorry you are in a bad place right now. I have been in that bad place a million times myself and know how awful it is.
                              Even if you don't feel like posting much right now, please try to read as much as possible. It will occupy your mind and help you see you are not alone in this struggle.
                              I wish you all the best on your journey.

Hi Pauly! I hope you are doing well.

Comment

Thanks Pauly and Jackie, and you are right pauly I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy either. I am so despondant and have just been in bed all day, I just can't seem to function, and wonder if I am ever going to be okay. I do so well and then boom, even with the best intentions I slip and hurtle myself through insanity.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH..I don't want to be like this anymore..

Comment

Working...
                                X