No announcement yet.

Fasting pre and post chemo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All good here now.... It took a 12 hour nap!

MHP, Thirty days and you are DONE! That's wonderful. What happens after that? Tests? My friend that is going through radiation now isn't having the same problem with the burns. I wonder if the machines are different in the states.

Howdy, SL!

Comment

Not sure about the machines Ginger but this whole trip seems a lot like pregnancy and birth, each experience is different. I've seen people with no effects, some with quite horrible external blisters and for me its just an internal feeling of heat. Which doesn't worry me with the mepitel on. Or maybe it's my menopausal symptoms firing up!! ;-)

Third of the way through today though, woot hoo!

Comment

Glad you have a good chunk of it behind you, Happy! And what a Merry Christmas is in store for you :smile:.

Comment

MHP - think you are (or very soon will be) half way through the dastardly radiation - woo hoo!! Hope you are staying strong and keep that amazing positivity up. very soon to be on the downward slope and then ready to truly celebrate Christmas :hug::hug::yay:
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

I thought this thread had disappeared! It is a little challenging to find where I've been sometimes... Thanks, SL!

I was thinking of you just last evening, Happy, when I was watching a podcast about diet and cancer by a radiation oncologist (yeah... my nerd face is showing here :wink. I hope you've settled into the routine of this set of treatments, like you did with the chemo.

How did you fare in the storms that hit your area last week? It sounds like they were unusually strong for this time of year. I hope you didn't suffer much damage!

Hope all is well with you :hug:.

Comment

NS - I had to look around - if you go to HOME on upper left corner, you get to all the forums. This one I know is in the holistic section so is easy to find.
              I have also subscribed to ones that I enjoy and I get a daily email of postings - if you go to thread tools on the tool bar at the top of the first post, and click on there you can subscribe...

Comment

Howdy! Looks like we all made it through T-day.

MHP, I saw the pictures of the storm on FB. I love a good storm but that one was a little over the top! How you doing, girl?

Comment

Hello lovelies...all going well here, day 15 done and dusted. Roll on the rest of 'em!

Yep, the storms were pretty bad, we lost power from when they hit on Thursday night until Saturday morning. Mostly due to the large trees around us, several of which took out power lines and a power pole. Unbelievable how fast it hit and how quickly it was gone. It was nice though in a way - not having power I mean. Made for some good conversations and family time together.

NS, I'm curious to know what was the podcast? you lovely nerd you :happy2: x Ginger and SL, I love catching up with all your stuff on FB. Makes my day.

Comment

Well, I'm glad your home wasn't damaged by the storms! It is sad to lose trees, though. I bet there was good family time with all the electric/electronic distractions eliminated!

This is the podcast: http://www.cavemandoctor.com/2014/11...-florida-ihmc/

Comment

MHP, I totally enjoyed your video on FB of the critters. Mostly I loved hearing your voice. We see each other on FB but what do we sound like? Your accent is fab!! Love it.

Comment

OOOH - Ginger - now I have to leave work as fb is blocked here - want to hear this!!!
                        MHP - i made a comment about the rain clearing away and leaving everything nice and clean - that was on your first picture before I realized there had been a BIG storm! DOH! Completely inappropriate comment - so sorry - glad you have power back and all ok...
                        Raining here and ground just can't take it....

Comment

SL, Just watching the big storm in your area on the news. Hope you can stay dry!

Comment

haha SL, don't worry. If I had a $ for every DOH comment I make...well, you know...all ok. I think the reason we lost so many trees wasn't just the huge winds, but the ground was so cracked and dry from NO rain. Ridiculous, isn't it? Hope that storm your way doesn't get massive.

And yep, Ginge, that's my morning voice :happy2: and you see what I put up with every morning from my critters? wouldn't have it any other way though :heartbeat:

Will check out the podcast NS. Nan nap first though

Comment

Your morning voice is so soft, you could wake me up!! And your cats are so well behaved - the girls cats start to shout at me at 6am and don't stop shouting till I get up!!! and they are NOT in my room!!!
                              It is really wet -the ground had been so dry that it is not taking it anymore so flooding now - another day of rain tomorrow...

Comment

Hey lovelies, hope you are all looking forward to the weekend as much as I am. Bit tired but still ok.

NS I've started watching the podcast, just viewing it in sections though as whilst its interesting, its a lot for my brain to take in.

I'm always amused that the question I hear asked most often - in chemo or radio - is, can I still drink? and I'm not saying that anyone says how much. Just if. And yet few people talk about food. So the intro to the podcast - where the talk about having one glass of wine can be beneficial under radiation treatment? - made me smile. Defo spend more time watching over the weekend, although I don't think he covers the low fat question, or am I wrong?

Thinking of you all, and counting down, as you know. Day 17 done and dusted today. yay!!

Comment

Working...
                                X