X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha... Now that's a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by scottish lass View Post
      Ha - oops, nope - lookup nitropaste - it is a vasodliator for people with angina, but a little put over a vein will dilate that vessel - nothing to do with other parts!:congratulatory:
      :goodjob: ok I'm on it now! thanks SL x

Comment

Righto, thought I'd post this tonight while I'm not rushing around. Blood test today and I can still feel the needle. Not my usual girl and a bit of a drama getting it in damnit...anyway...only one of those to go!! I am sucking back water and have laid off the coffee. Hoping to have a chat with the oncology nurses and pharmacist about the nitropaste just in case.

NS, I've had some bone broth too, really salty one. Delish.

This is the homestretch now...

Comment

Thinking of you and sending you good vibes. You are almost there!

I have yet another friend going in for a biopsy today after two mamos and one ultrasound that were suspicious. I'm worried sick for her. Stupid cancer

Comment

Homestretch MHP - happy dance for you!!:sohappy:
            Ginger - it does feel as if there is a lot more around, not sure if it is just my level of awareness. Hoping your friends have false alarms....
            “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

How great that the end is in sight, Happy. I remember when you first mentioned looking forward to starting fresh in 2015 with your treatments behind you. I was so impressed with your positive attitude at the time and now here we are, fast approaching the fresh new year.

Ginger, you've mentioned before about the high rates of cancer in your area. Are there suspect industries nearby? I read this article but it is in reference to the whole state of Washington. I hope your friend receives encouraging news.

Bone broth is on tomorrow's 'to do' list for me, Happy. I just bought my femur bones yesterday (Hide your eyes, Ginger, I know that hurts ). Hope your sacrifice of avoiding caffeine pays off! I'll be thinking of you, xx - NS

xpost, SL - good to see you, too!

Comment

NS, no worries.... I live with a carnivore. I'm used to it. Good article. Thought provoking. We only live about an hour from the Hanford Nuclear Site and we are surrounded by orchards and vinyards and hops. Organic farming is rarely practiced in our area so I'm afraid we are surrounded by environmental factors. No matter which way you look in this valley there are toxins. I had a doctor tell me once that he's never seen so much cancer in one area. MS and other auto-immune disorders are off the charts here too. Several years back there was an interesting book written called Fateful Harvest by Duff Wilson. It was about a small town not far from here and the things that went on there with toxic waste. Worth a read if you ever see it in a second hand book store.

MHP, sorry to hi-jack your thread! Hope you are having a fantabulous day.

Comment

You never hijack ladies, it's valid discussion and interesting too. Can't say I haven't wondered about the factors causing my cancer. Wondered a little but haven't dwelled on it for the now as it's not where my heads at. I really hope your friend is ok Ginge.

Off and into it lovelies, will check back later, it's good to have you all around x

Comment

I'm back!! vein found easy and it held up. Took a little longer to get everything through but slow and steady...resting up and listening to music...:heartbeat:

Comment

MHP, that is great news! Rest now...you deserve it, my friend. Keep us posted. We love you!

Comment

Glad to hear it went quite well, Happy! So what kind of music do you like to listen to? My husband gives me grief because my I'm kind of stuck in the 70s ...:wink:.

Comment

Yeah MHP! Good news!
                          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Originally posted by NoSugar View Post
                            Glad to hear it went quite well, Happy! So what kind of music do you like to listen to? My husband gives me grief because my I'm kind of stuck in the 70s ...:wink:.
                            NS - I have an addiction to disco music pre chemo...other than that I cruise around Spotify...internet led music takes you in some of the best directions.

Good day yesterday, sleep was weird so I got up and made the most of it and typed a few things that made total sense and still do this morning - how unbelievable is that?

Radiotherapy mapping on Monday. Next stage and I'm ready for it. Have a great weekend ladies x

Comment

Ok, report time. Radiation Oncology mapping today. It was really interesting. You have various lines drawn on your boob, get to slide through the cat scan and when you come out the tattoo markers are put in place, just a needle prick, nothing dramatic. The planners do the work behind the scenes then, working out my radiation treatment, which for me will start next Monday.

I've now got high hopes of being finished before Christmas. I might have to do a double up - you can do a morning session and an evening one six hours apart and with the G20 summit here there is a public holiday which will lose a day. They operate on a 9 day fortnight as well so that eats into the timing.

Overall I'm happy about it all. Not happy with the FIL arriving and staying for Christmas and New Year but hey, life is still pretty good. And you never know what the Frogs connections can do ;-)

Comment

Yeah! The end in sight. That is great news. My friend that is going through the radiation right now tells me it's not so bad. The sight gets a little ichy but nothing she can't handle. Hope your treatment goes well too and it's over before you know it. FIL is another story. I can't imagine having an extra person in my house/way for that long. You are an amazing lady and I'm sending you good vibes!

Comment

Working...
                                X