No announcement yet.

Trying to make it happen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi fluff, well today is another good day. I just got done having a facial and it was so relaxing. I feel like a new woman. Tuesday night I go for a pedicure. I'm trying hard to take care of myself and spend the money I spent on alcohol on helpful treats for myself. Having a hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year but I do have plans for Christmas Eve (no alcohol involved) and then spending Christmas at my sister's (again no alcohol involved). What are your plans for the holidays. Hope you are still going strong. Take care and hope the tree looks gorgeous and the cookies got baked.

Cuckoo

Comment

Hi Cuckoo-
      I'm on day two again-
      Had a great sleep last night without waking up all full of anxiety, high blood pressure, and just tiredness. Why do I do this to myself? It's obviously affecting me physically.
      I love just the calm of a sober morning.
      It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Dear fluff, we do this to ourselves because we are conditioned to do it. I know for me my drinking started on weekends, then it would be a glass of wine while getting dinner, then it became a cocktail when I got home from work to relax. Then I just spiraled downwards.
        I think one of the biggest things in getting sober is start a new routine, instead of making a drink go for a walk, go shopping, just don't do what you did that triggered the drinking. It is a very hard merry-go-round to get off of. Congrats on day 2. Stay strong and PM me if you want, I know I can use the help too.

Thinking of you,
        Cuckoo

Comment

Hey there! Great to hear that from you. How are you now?
          “There was a moment in my life when I really wanted to kill myself. And there was one other moment when I was close to that. . . . But even in my most jaded times, I had some hope.”

Comment

Fluff and ShawTHo, just want to take a moment and wish you a Merry Christmas and Joyous New Year.

Cuckoo

Comment

Merry Christmas !
              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Hey fluff, where are you? I miss you.

cuckoo

Comment

I'm back- Thanks ,Cuckooo
                  Hope all is well with you!
                  No drinking tomorrow- just watch me!
                  I will make it !
                  It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

Fluff, we are very similar in that we've been around these boards forever and never managed a long term quit. I am on day 14 and, like you, feel that I can do it. We have to make sure, while we celebrate our victories, that we remain vigilant and aware that booze will sneak in when our guard is down. When we are on a great roll; (I had 108 days under my belt last time) with no warning whatsoever, a glass of gin or wine or beer just seems like a lovely thing to do. We conveniently forget the progress we`ve made or that we will inevitably begin another day one in the near future. We drink.

That`s the scary part. Just like you, one day I was beating my chest in pride and glee at being 108 (or one week or one month) sober and the next my tail was between my legs and my heart was defeated.

I don`t understand alcoholism`s strategy but it`s a good one. It is a formidable foe and we have to use comradery, consciousness, accountability and whatever other tools we have in our arsenal to combat it. When you are tempted to join hubby in a gin come on here!! My hubby and everyone around me drinks. We had six for dinner last night and I was the only one besides the 18 month old who was not drinking. Being wide awake to the wolf in sheepskin`s clothing was the strategy I had to pull from my tool belt. Another day, another weapon.

With you 100% ... I know exactly how you feel. Now when I am tempted I tell myself that I don`t want another inevitable day one. Period.
                    "If you do not change direction, you may end up where you are heading."
                    Lao-Tzu

Comment

Nice post, SoberSoul.

Glad to see you back, fluff. Let's keep this thread going. I feel exactly the same as SoberSoul. We can do this together.

Comment

Hey fluff, how did you make out today? I'm trying to stay warm and debating if I want to go into work tomorrow. It is suppose to be really nasty weather but sometimes they make a mountain out of a molehill when it comes to storms. Hope you did well and thinking of you.

Comment

fluff, miss you. hope you are doing okay.

Comment

Well, I am trying again! Today is day one- and hope to make it stick as I am having anxiety issues due to the alcohol. My doc has me on xanax and a blood pressure med, as well.
                            So, in order to stop the physical madness, I need to stop what started this mess.
                            Once I kick the alcohol- I'll see how I can wean off the xanax- and then probably won't need the bp med anymore.
                            How you doing Sober and Cuckoo?
                            It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

See- this is what I totally do not like about this website- it's slow. No response for days! That 's just wierd.
                              I guess I will stay with my other site there's so much more interaction there.
                              If you're interested it's http://wqd.netwarriors.org/
                              It's always YOUR choice!

Comment

fluff, don't give up on MWO! I used to be on another site, but it was too busy for me. It's great to see you back and trying again to beat this thing. This is a small forum compared to some of the others, but it does have a great bunch of people here. Might I suggest that you post on a few other threads as well? When people get to know you, you'll be surprised at the support your own thread gets! Take care, because I care!
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X