Happy Birthday Alky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Birthday Alky

A big shout out for Alky who has his birthday today. Enjoy your sober and happy day!:thumbsup::exclaim::thumbsup::exclaim:

Happy Birthday, Alky, make it a splendiferous one.

It could be worse, I could be filing.
    AF since 7/7/2009

Comment

Have a great day, Alky!
      14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

This is your day Alky, enjoy!

Last edited by abcowboy; October 20, 2014, 07:29 AM.
        Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
        Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
        Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Happiest of birthdays, Alky!

Comment

Oh geez, thanks everyone! I didn't even know this thread existed until just now, and I'm just getting ready to go to bed. Thank you, thank you, thank you! Hopefully this is the first of many more sober birthdays.
            In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Happy birthday to you Alky.
              Sleep well.

Comment

Happy Birthday
                “Outside of a dog a book is man’s best friend. Inside of a dog it’s too dark to read”

Comment

Happy Birthday, Alky! Hope you have an excellent day!! :balloons:
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Alky - I know that I am late to this party, but congratulations. Please try to remember that I am still trying to get over my self-centeredness.

Sure enough, I really am glad to hear that you celebrate another milestone in your freedom from Firewater. You are one of the ones that I know that walk the talk and that you are one of those people out here truly trying to help fellow sufferers.

Comment

Happy Birthday Alky!

Comment

Hey thank you so much again, everyone. I hope she doesn't mind me pointing it out, but K9Lover and I were born on the same day down to the year, so she just had a birthday too. Now I have an excuse not to tell everyone my age since one should never reveal the age of a lady! :congratulatory:
                        In the middle of my life's journey, I found myself in a dark wood, as I had lost the straight path. It is a difficult thing to speak about, how wild, harsh and impenetrable that wood is. Just thinking about it recreates the fear. It is scarcely less bitter than death, but in order to tell of the good that I found there, I must tell of the other things I saw there. --Dante, paraphrased

Comment

Working...
                        X