No announcement yet.

One Step at a Time - December 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dottie, hubby and I took dance lessons before Erin's wedding. Nora, I too have two left feet. He and I were pathetic but it was fun, Nora, I just grab some of the maned potatoes and form them into a patty, dip them in egg and then bread crumbs and fry them. Kids love eating them with American cheese on top and lots of ketchup! How do you make a potato taco? I'm sure my kids would love them!

Comment

I love dancing...I took tap and ballet as a kid...just loved it....wish i could find an adult tap class....have looked with not much luck. Hubbs is good too..he can hear the beat in the music and can keep time....we need something to keep us young...
      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Hi everyone. Been very busy yesterday and today. Had to get a tooth pulled and prepare for an implant. Cadaver bone grafted into my gums. Not painful at all, very surprising! The process will take about 8 months before I get the new tooth implanted. Luckily its a back tooth.

Tonight wrapped almost all the Christmas presents. I HATE wrapping. But I feel great now that its done

K9, I made 5 lbs of potatoes for my work for thanksgiving. We have about 11 people and it was just enough. Sounds like 10 lbs will be perfect for yours. I love office parties, we always have tons of food and get to goof around most of the day.

It is getting late so I will read more tomorrow. I need to take notes to be able to keep up with everyone. I hate to miss anyone so I promise to respond to each of you wonderful ladies tomorrow.

Hope you all have a peaceful night. See you all tomorrow!
        AL free since March 17th 2011...loving this life. No drinking no matter what.

Hi my name is Lori and i am so happy to be here.

Comment

Morning all
          very weird nights sleep. I felt like I awake half the night, but hubs said I was snoring a lot, so I guess I slept. He gently told me that he spends many nights tossing and turning and he doesn't take pills.....it's normal and quit over analyzing it. He's right, I am just all up in my head right now, of that makes sense.
          My guys would love the fried potatoes. Yes, Nora, you have tried for years to convert me, to no avail.
          The big excitement of my day so far is that my older cat has worms. Bleh!
          Perky Blenders??? That made me giggle..
          Off to find the coffeepot...
          I love my family more than alcohol.:h
          Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Nora- good luck with Christmas.
            Bret and are heading out Saturday to finish...have to coordinate everything with paychecks..

Comment

Red, thanks for hanging out with us. Dentists are a frequent conversation here. Good luck!
              I logged back in real quick to tell you that today is Nursie's first chemo.

Comment

Yes red thanks for hanging out with us!
                Mama my hubs suffers from insomnia too. He doesn't complain all that much about it. He turns on the tv and keeps it low. Today he slept until after 9. Poor thing. I'm a real grump if I don't get at least a solid six hours. He'd probably sleep a lot better if the dog wasn't in bed with us. I love cuddling with my little mush.
                Day off for me. A gift or two more to wrap. I am going to be crafty. Bought my son a six pack of coke (bottles) and will make them look like reindeer. Got my daddy and hubby beer (not a temptation for me at all) and will do the same. Found it on Pinterest. Just something fun and cute. Are you guys on Pinterest?
                K9 maybe that would be helpful for you? There's a lot of good ideas on Pinterest. Anything you could image, even hobbies. Just a though.
                Watching Kelly and Michael and Oprah is talking about doggy poop? Really?
                Happy Thursdays, my loves!

Comment

Morning all,
                  Off to run the trains then pick up my laptop. WooHoo.....
                  Supposed to have our church group tonight but I am going to not go...just dont want to...the last lady who died was part of the group and I am just getting past this and besides I don't want the dogs pinned up the whole entire day.
                  Have a great one.
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

good to know Lizz....
                    I spaz b/c I have to be at work and be sharp...

Comment

Morning all -

Red - glad that the dental work didn't hurt too much.

Mama - sorry about the sleep. Hope it gets better right away.

Dottie - have fun with the trains.

Liz - just put the mashed potatoes in a corn tortilla and fold it over and fry. They are tasty but greasy.

Pauly - hope you are feeling better.

K9 - hope you are better too.

Kradle - how are you?

Sunni - where are you?

Sorry - I am not done but got to run. It's hard to sneak on here at work. I have to keep closing the screen. Hello to everyone else that I didn't get a chance to mention yet. I'm not ignoring you just want to post this before I lose it all..........

Mama - please give Nursie my love.
                      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

I texted her and told we were all thinking about her.....she just texted back!!
                        not feeling quite as shaky today....so far...YAY!

Comment

Good morning everyone!

10lbs of mashed potatoes done...well more like 15 when you add in the cream cheese and butter! I also put this special seasoning in them. My nephews always beg me to make my "famous" mashed potatoes. Today will be a goof off day at work too. Nora, I am like you, I do have to keep closing my screen because people keep walking by, although they have no idea what I'm doing. The men I work with aren't exactly computer whizzes. LOL

Mama - I started Perky Blenders last night but kept getting distracted with the 'taters...so I figured I'd just restart it tonight. My kitchen doesn't face the TV so I had Everybody Loves Raymond on in the background just for noise, I'd forgotten how funny that show is. LOL

Pauly, how are you feeling today. Hope those darn sinuses have cleared up.

Thankfully I don't have any teeth issues (yet), but then again, I never go to the dentist. They can ALWAYS find something and I don't have any pain, so nope, not going. ha

Send Nursie my love too Mama!

I hope everyone has a good day and feels good.

Liz - I do find Pinterest to be a good distraction, there is SO much stuff to look at on there!

Dots - I really admire your gumption, you are always doing something...gym, dancing....geez I feel like a blob compared to you!

I hope Sunni and FT and Reccie and Zenny and Fenny and all our other "family" check in soon.

Back later peeps. The guys are blasting music so I better go see what's going on. LOL
                          :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Where is everybody at????? I am lonely!
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I am here....
                              you guys will not believe what happened to me today....I have been processing so I am just now writing
                              A VERY long story made VERY short:
                              I was taken away from my birth mother at the age of three along with two other siblings. We were all foster children and I was the only one to get adopted.
                              About ten year ago a man called claiming to be my brother and that he had found our mother.
                              my "mother" was a poor, pitiful old woman in Atlanta. I allowed her to come visit and meet me, but hubs and I were very guarded.
                              Advanced 10 years.....we talk every other day. I have polite and kind to a lonely woman and let her "love" me as best both she AND I could handle.
                              She was very sweet.
                              She fell and hit her head and died this morning. I was called about three hours ago by her sobbing husband. I am numb and my head is spinning, BUT I WILL BE FINE.......
                              Hubs and I have talked and I will not be going the three hours away to be involved unless the husband cannot do it alone.
                              Sad, shocking and tragic......
                              but life goes on.....
                              and I will not drink

Comment

Mama - I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :heartbeat:
                                "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                                AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Working...
                                X