Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm back and need help from my wine addiction....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm back and need help from my wine addiction....

I am finally back and needing help to Conquer this alcohol addiction. I was doing so well with sobriety until yesterday when the committee was telling me to drink. I gave in and am so ashamed with myself. Day one again today. I need some encouragement and some advise to stay sober. I am now in celebrate recovery and I am going to AA meeting tomorrow night women's group. I know I have no control whatsoever with this disease. Any advice would be appreciated for someone who feels like she's starting all over again....

Hi Shitzulover(wonder what we'll call you for short haha) there's tons of support here,if you want it best place to go is the newbies nest in just starting out, it's a very active thread with people in all stages of their quit, go ahead and go introduce yourself, glad to have you aboard
    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Yep Pauly thats a hard one to shorten! Welcome Shi, the hardest thing to for us alkies is to say "no" but its doable. Also stay out of situations that involve al in the early days. why be led into temptation. I stayed completely away from al for 3+ months, i knew my al brain would talk me into anything and whats a few months out of my life when now i can handle any situation with al involved.

As Pauly said head to the newbies nest, lots of people in various stages of quitting and loads of support.

hope to see you there.
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Shi,

A few tips (bolded are from a link to an article I posted at the bottom). You can do this.

Make It Priority Number One
        Giving up alcohol is one of the easiest and hardest changes you can make in your life. It’s easy once you’ve established the right rules, configured your environment to support you, and set up useful boundaries of pain and pleasure to help direct you towards your goal. The hard parts are the social implications and fighting off the One Man Army that is your ego, with its barrage of self-limiting beliefs and drink requests. Giving up alcohol must be made priority number one in your life. A partial commitment is a commitment to failure.

Avoid people, places and things that you associate with drinking or make you want to drink. Do the bare minimum each day- keep not drinking in the #1 more important spot.

Come here daily and post. Immerse yourself in MWO and get involved.

When in doubt, come here first and reach out for help (like you did). Take advantage of MWO's many resources- namely success stories. Copy what they do.

Associate massive pain to backing out Shame works too. In the early months of my quit, I pretended that alcohol was heroin to help me get it off the table. Driving by my many haunts, Id say outloud, "NOPE! I do not shoot heroin!" Whatever it takes- GET IT OFF THE TABLE.

Full story: http://30sleeps.com/blog/2007/12/07/...nking-alcohol/

ps would you mind sharing how long you were sober for and the events surrounding what took you down?
        Last edited by jane27; May 6, 2015, 09:05 AM.
        AF since January 7, 2014 *Never, never, never give up. ~ Winston Churchill*

Comment

Working...
        X