monday 27 April af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

monday 27 April af daily

morning all - coffee,tea and cold drinks today - it's pretty warm here.
    Off on a study day today - and have two more days this week to go - taking different approach this time - setting out bare bones of assignment,then seeing what reading I need to do - rather than reading it all and then doing that.Think I've been making life harder for myself,but probably learning more.
    Mick - hope all ok, or maybe you're having a much needed lie in.

Not much to add apart from feeling 100000% better now I have another AF week under my belt,really helped talking about it with OH's friend who has quit too.

Hope everyone is well and happy and has a good Monday,off to chiropodist later then dinner with friend from roller derby team. Planning to do lots of walking today,fit bit really helping me to plan out being more active and aware of how many extra calories I am eating in form of junk,therefore weight stabilising rather than going down.It just tells me what i knew but seeing it in 'writing' really helps me to see where i am definitely going wrong. Can really feel muscles developing from balance and pump - loving feeling a little fitter and stronger.

Happy Monday,off for a shower and to start my day.

Err jokes....only one I can think of is two nuns in a bath and soap, may offend so won't do it!
    one day at a time

Good Monday morning Abbers!

Thanks for the startup bear
    Glad to hear you are feeling better & enjoying benefits of being AF. I can't even imagine how I would feel right now if I had continued on an unhealthy path. I remain grateful for each & every healthy day! Finding just the right balance between work & exercise is a plus.

Greetings Mick, Sam, Pie, PQ, pauly, Det, SF & everyone dropping in today!
    I am off to Curves first then back for a bit of work. Watching kids Wednesday & Thursday, oh boy.

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

mornig ..acshilly its 12.30 so afternoon......been up since 6 this mornin and apart from an early brew n a peek on here I havent stopped!!...

made a litter tray for the new wabbit hutch,strengthened the floor...refitted the partition wall inside it....then put 2 fence boards in with uprights,stained them,planted up lettuce and tomatoes,watered the garden and gave Sandy her medicine...so as we speak having a bovril with chopped spring onions in it..told you I was mad!!
      anyone else or are we all on coffee?

hiya bear ..cheers for the kick off..glad you are feelin better..6 was a lie in for me today...last couple of days its been 4 am!!sounds like youve got a pretty full day there...enjoy..

hiya Det..hows you then my friend apart from tired?

hiya Lav..late brew ....Sandys appetite has def picked up ..jeez!!she hasnt stopped eating ..but at the same time she seems very distant...she is definitely a lot better than when I brought her home thers night..did you end up with your lazee day?

hiya pauly...how are you today then?whats an e bike?as for the toons..do you not know any one that uses a free programme to download them?there are a few about..whats on the cards for today then?have a good one anyway!

hiya pie... low key monday too? glad fridge is working thatll save you a few bob!!

hiya ppqp..how did dinner go then?did you get all the pork crackling?used to luv that..400 people..you didnt hafta feed them too did you?
      did you get our chores all done?have a grand day...

peeps thats it ...big hi to sam,molls et al...
      have a good one

Interviewer: What's your biggest weakness?

Me: Jumping to conclusions.

Interviewer: OK, we'll be in touch.

ME: Excellent. See you tomorrow at eight.

I watched this homeless tramp with a twig and a bit of string with a bent hook on the end pull fish after fish out of the canal and them throw them back.

"That's amazing!" I said. "Why don't you keep some for food?"

"Fish I can get anytime," he said. "It's that fcking mattress I'm after."

A thief stuck a pistol in a man's ribs and said,
      "Give me your money." The gentleman, shocked by the sudden attack, said, "Please, you can't do this, I'm a congressman!"
      The thief replied, "In that case, give me MY money!"

If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then onto a little seesaw and then jump through a hoop of fire.
      They're trained for that.

Tesco has reported a record loss of £6.4 billion.

Well, that's what you get for gambling on horses.

A policeman arrives at the scene of an accident, in which a car smashed into a tree. The officer rushes over to the vehicle and asks the driver, " Are you seriously hurt?"

"How do I know?" the driver responds. "I'm not a lawyer.

I was in a furniture store today when I asked the assistant, "What kind of filling does this duvet have?"

She replied, "Duck down, Sir."

I bent my knees, squatted, looked up at her and said "What kind of filling does this duvet have?"

I tried to sell my children on eBay, but Social Services took them off me.

On the plus side, they did leave a good review.

I asked the wife what she wanted for tea, when she get in from work.
      "Suprise me" she said.

So here i am in the pub.
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

morning all
        I'd hope everyone had a loverly weekend, did the do at market yesterday, felt totally wiped out when I got home so I crashed & burned semi early after getting cows moved to another field and a little this nd that.

Bear, thanks the start up and brew this AM, so glad you're feeling better. Been said so many times here but I always come back to it; never feel hungover and all the rest being sober!! Good on you.

Lav, another beautiful spring day in the making, eh? We're ordering some chicks here soon to arrive middle of June. I would LOVE to find a source to give these old hens away. Guess I need to get a little "proactive" in that respect.

Mick, morning to you. Hope Sandy's on the mend. That's a pretty small body to have all those drugs and an operations.
        She'll rebound, though and hopefully be bouncing around.

Pauly, received your PM and answered last night, hope to hell it made sense, I was on auto pilot by then. Hope you had a great weekend.

waves to you PQ, Pie, SF, Det, Narilly, and others my addled brain can't remember.

Sam
        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Mae everybody, Mick,e- bike is just short for exercise bike, hate spelling that word out!yes,Kell showed me an app to download music yesterday, now I hafta decide what I'm in the mood for,sometimes I'll get a playlist going and end up passing over most of them,what's good one day isn't other days, Bear,you sound good but what's a chiropodist? Hi Lav,we've had Louie all weekend and he's been sick,throwing up, won't eat, now he's coughing, I have him today and tomorrow, I hope he starts feeling better, does anyone else have a hard time responding to pm's? Or is it cuz I'm on my phone? I get a little tiny space to write in,then I'm not sure if they got it or not,grrrr, have to drag ass to get to work cuz I guess someone tried to break in,there was a broken key in the door so they had to get the locks changed,so I have to wait for the other girl to get there this morning which annoys me cuz I usually open, anyways, hello to Sam,Pie,PPQP, Det,everyone else, let's have a great Monday and week back later
          I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
          Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Morning Campers.

Thanks for starting us off Bear. Where are you in the world?

Good to hear things are improving with you, Det.

Busy Mick, so glad you make time for sharing jokes with us. Loved the police dog one today.

Pauly, same trouble here with pm's on phone. Screen displays one letter wide, and three miles long. No can do for me.

Hello Lav, Sam, PQ and all stopping by.

Heading out to Dad's today as he needs some things taken care of, and has a doctor appt. tomorrow that I need to check the time on. I've only been going out there when I know my brother won't be around. I'm still angry at that a$$hole, and avoidance seems the best policy. Except the whole thing weighs heavily, so need to figure a better solution.

Comment

Hey Pie - I'm in a large town fairly close to London, not too exciting,but fun enough and good access to other places.

Pauly - a chiropodist looks at feet health, cuts nails,removes corns,hard skin,verrucas etc.

Done quite a lot of reading and think I am almost in a position to write a section of the assignment on Wednesday This is the topic I know least about,I have working experience of the other two so I will get it done in time/may finish early. another hour or so then I'm done for the day.
              one day at a time

Comment

Pauly
                I thought the e-bike was electronic somehow; e-cigs, e-mail etc!!!
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Haha Sam,I should call it A-bike for annoying
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Thanks, Bear. Sounds like you're making great progress with the assignment!

Comment

MAE ALL....

Well Sunday dinner was just that, Sunday dinner with the family. No forewarning of an announcement for our lunch today. It was very good and lots of cracklin Mick. Lunch today was good too and was basically a staff meeting. Boss just wanted to find out who was going to do different parts of his job while he is gone. Payroll has to be dealt with twice in his absence and I'll basically be doing the rest. Very busy afternoon and popping over to the store for coke (the drink) on the way home was unbelievable. Everyone out there must have decided the rules don't apply to them. :rant: Rant over, so going to pour a coke, light a cigarette and relax for a few minutes.......:smile:PPQP

Comment

Hope the coke & smoke helped PQ, ha ha!
                        I hope all the work doesn't get overwhelming for you :hug:

Sam, would you like me to introduce you to my Amish friend? He seems to know what to do with aging hens
                        What breed of chicks are you getting? I just love them when they're brand new!

Pie, if it makes you feel any better my brothers are A-holes too. They never lift a finger to help anyone but themselves. I hope your dad is OK.

bear, you sound good - stay that way

Pauly, thanks for the e-bike explanation, LOL

I'm watching TV coverage of the major riots going on in Baltimore city, pretty sad. Reminds me of the stuff that went on back in the 60's, just senseless. Police officers have been injured, EMS personnel are being prevented from doing their jobs, what a mess happening just 50 miles from here. I hope & pray this ends quickly.

Have a peaceful night!
                        Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey PQ, guessing you mean the rules of the road, as in driving? I'm sitting out on my "smoking patio" as well. Such a nice, cool evening, though mosquitos will likely chase me back indoors soon.

Comment

Xpost, Lav. Thanks for the commiseration.
                            So sad about the Baltimore riots. Can't believe that makes anyone feel better.

Comment

Checking in from the i-pad and it's always annoying because I usually lose what I type. Oldest came home in such a bad mood and was just rotten. Plum wore me out.

Comment

Working...
                              X