thu 28 May af daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thu 28 May af daily

hey there,hopefully not posting as same time as Mick again!

I'm up early at 630am,jet lag, 5 more days off, unpacking and decluttering a gogo here for next few days - with few breaks,seeing friends and exercise fitted in. Really looking forward to it - and also feeling a bit nervous - think i have become overly attached to stuff.I'm not sure where to start and kind of want it all done NOW - sound like a familiar desire??

I know it will be a long process so I am starting with a room at a time. Living room seems best place to start,then kitchen(HUUUUGE job!) then bathroom,then bedroom then spare bedroom I reckon.I'm imagining this will take a couple of months - so I guess that is progress!

Anyway, hope everyone has a good sober day.

I'm back to focusing on a day at a time,anything else just seems too much at the moment.
    Bit of post holiday comedown and jet lag,PMS and lack of good food combining.
    Onwards - I have a lot to be grateful for.
    one day at a time

Morning all
    Bear, cleaning out stuff is an amazing type of cleanse! It is overwhelming how much stuff we all accumulate. My mother was the worst, she had that house so packed it wasn't funny, then after she passed we got to go through all of it. She had farm records of 1880's of her grandfather, interesting but what the heck do I do with it, keep it and add to the collection of stuff. You get the idea..... good luck!!!

off to the commute. PQ, I did pass the driving skills. Thanks for sending those good vibes out. Also thank you SF for your helpful PM's. Greatly appreciated. Baby chicks arrive today or tomorrow Lav!! Mick, hope the the bunnies are doing the hop, pretty stain glass.

Be well friends
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Happy thursday ABeeroooos!

Bear, I feel your pain. Still living in cardboard box world here many months after moving in. Just dug out and installed the AC since it's in the 80's this week and getting hotter.

Sam, you getting a CDL license?

seems there is another post as well for today. Two for the price of one!

be well everyone
      nosce te ipsum
      (Know Thyself)

Comment

Hi Bear, Sam, and Det,

Think I'm a little compulsive about keeping a clutter-free environment, at least in recent years. It takes some effort not to let things accumulate. For me, if it takes up space, or needs dusting, it better perform a very important function, else out it goes!

Det, today you're posting early, and I'm late.

Comment

Bear...and there you go posting at the same time as Mic. LOL Good job on having 5 more days off to handle the jet lag. You're sounding positive and on the right track. Don't over due the de-cluttering, like you said one day at a time.

Sam...congrats on passing the driving skills. Almost there! Did the chicks come today?

Det...replied to you on the other post. You do get around don't you! LOL

Pi...I like your philosophy...it better perform a very important function, else out it goes. Felt the same way about my ex. LOL

Snuck out early from work as it was a very quiet day. Think it's order in for dinner tonight. Have a peaceful evening all.....:smile:PPQP

Comment

Good one, PQ!! :congratulatory:

Comment

Just noticed the twin threads again

My DIL didn't need me to watch the boys tonight after all, yay. I'm sitting around doing NOTHING & it's feels just right

bear, don't go overwhelming yourself - one day, one room at a time, right?
              I have developed a pretty regular throwing out/giving away routine over the past 10 years or so. Clutter started getting on my nerves so it had to go. My Curves club is hosting a yard sale June 6, proceeds go to the cancer society. I don't have anything to donate to the sale because I've gotten rid of it all, ha ha. I'm going to offer some embroidered sample from my shop, stuff that someone will buy

Have a peaceful evening everyone!
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

So my morning posting is not going so well

Mick...somehow I wish we all could be recovering and in retirement. This time off from a 'real" job has taken time to adjust to....and I am still working on my recovery plan. Most mornings I am off and running....the kids get up and I have somewhere to be.....so the only time I actually sit down is late at night.

Bear...I hope you had fun in the "states". It is a great place to live, but NYC is not my favorite place. Although....EVERYTHING is there! My favorite thing to do is declutter.....but, I come from a home that literally could be on "Hoarders".

I am in no way ever suggesting that people quit their jobs to get sober. It doesn't happen like that. I personally had a job that was lying to people. So almost the more sober I got the sicker I got. Now that I have gotten away from that life.....I know that I am not a person who can literally sit at the dinner table and write out a presentation. There literally was no off button. Maybe this was me......but, the work had to get done somehow and they were ALWAYS threatening you with your job. It was never ever good enough.....you could be at 150% of budget and they still nailed you. I was an awful way to live.....and I am not blaming them for all my AL issues......but....in the end I relapsed in a bad way. It was a job I should have left. It was unhealthy on every level. It has taken me a lot to come back from relapse.....and I am not out of the woods.

So here was our first awesome pool day......and I was back to back with clients. I just want to sit at the pool
                Last edited by TheSunFlower97; May 28, 2015, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X