af daily sun 29 nov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

af daily sun 29 nov

hey there - day 9 af and day 2 sf for me.
    had big bubble bath to start the day,defuzzing legs and filing feet,face mask all that kind of stuff.
    off to town to buy more fruit and veg and then off to roller derby.
    I found a tattooist in London who does style of work I like - by asking our waitress yesterday where she got hers done. It's all coming together , I'm hoping to have begun work by Christmas!
    one day at a time

af daily sun 29 nov

Good morning Bear and thanks for getting us started today! Congrats on your AF/SF time - it racks up before you know it. You are making me want to pamper myself today! I am too chicken to get a tattoo myself but I enjoy looking at other people's tattoos. One of the guys at the pedicure place I go has an absolutely gorgeous tattoo on one of his arms. It's hard to describe other than to say it has an Asian type design. The colors and artwork are just beautiful. I'm guessing one has to be choosey about who you work with?

Any Daily AFers here on natural thyroid meds? (i.e. Armour or Nature Throid or Westhroid) This shortage situation is driving me insane. I feel like I'm spending more time figuring out where I can find another 30 day supply than a heroin addict spends getting a month worth of fixes. So that's how I spent quite a bit of time yesterday afternoon between posts here! I'll be glad when the shortage clears up.

Not sure what all will end up on today's agenda, but it's going to start with an AA meeting and a trip to the gym! Sort of like:

Step 1: Screw head on straight
    Step 2: Proceed with the day.

One thing is for sure - drinking AL will NOT be part of whatever goes on here today. Strength and hope to all who are struggling..

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

af daily sun 29 nov

Morning abbers!!

Wellllllll...... what to do, what to do.... Swim. That's for sure. Doggie park later, that's for sure - try out her new playing skills! I have that delicious feeling of an abundance of choices completely unincumbered by AL, past present and future. Didn't drink, not drinking, am not going to drink. The ONLY way to live!!

I'm still reveling in the fresh memory of a luscious holiday weekend.

Have a happy day!
      sigpic
      Thoughts become things..... choose the good ones. ~TUT

Comment

af daily sun 29 nov

Good morning bear, DG & Greenie!

We have sunshine here this morning - love it

I have no tatooes, am not on thyroid medication........so I am no help to you guys today - sorry!!!!
        But I will certainly join you guys in a AF, SF day today - YAY!!!

I have a BD party for a 1 year old starting here in a few hours so I will be busy, happy & not thinking about evil things

Wishing everyone a terrific Sunday!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

af daily sun 29 nov

Hello all!

I'm feeling a lot better today. Not so bunged up and achy. Eating like a horse, too, so that's a good sign :H

Bear - how many sessions are your tattoos going to take?

Lav - have a great party!

DG & Greenie, your cheesecakes sound amazing! It's been lashing with rain here all day and I was a bit worried about how a helium balloon carrying cheesecake would cope in this weather. But now it's cleared up, this is the view across the park, and I suspect I may have a little package waiting for me at the end of the rainbow!

sigpic
          AF since December 22nd 2008
          Real change is difficult, and slow, and messy - Oliver Burkeman

Comment

af daily sun 29 nov

it is filthy weather today - I don't know how long, I'd guess maybe 8 hours per arm?
            one day at a time

Comment

af daily sun 29 nov

Hi everyone,

Im still around, been keeping busy getting Xmas stuff ready. Havn't been in the best of moods since Friday night. Feel quite "blah" and not myself. even decorating the tree didn't really end up an enjoyable activity. Normally, in the past, it would have been a chardonnay in one hand, decorations in the other kinda task, but not this time! Im really glad that I used two hands to decorate it, I just wish I was in a better mood this time.
              But, it does look pretty!

DG-Have you heard of Dr.Brownstein? re. Iodine for Thyroid issues? And DG, thank you for you thoughts and support.... I'm really grateful for this site!

I better stop typing, in cranky mood still.... better go do something to snap out of it! Have a great AF day everyone.

Comment

af daily sun 29 nov

Hello Gang,

I thought that I would take a break from closet cleaning and say Hi! Yesterday I took a trip to Goodwill and already, I have another trunk full!! Yikes!

DG..I take thyroid daily and have taken it since 2001, when I had to have my severly over active thyroid nuked. I have done some, but not much research on armour thyroid. I need to take the time for more research. I take synthroid......so, sorry, I am of no help.....Leelou....I am going to check out Dr. Brownstein....TY for the info.

Leelou, hope you get to feeling more chipper! At least you have your tree up! It will be next weekend before I get to putting up mine.

Have a nice evening All...
                XXX
                A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes~Cinderella

AF 12/6/2007

Comment

af daily sun 29 nov

I have been trying to spend a half hour a day here since AF but just got in really tired and going straight to bed. Just checking in so I don't miss a day, feels important at the moment. Will be sure to chat more tomorrow.
                  I am blessed with love joy and sobriety.

Comment

af daily sun 29 nov

Armour thyroid

DG

I too ran into trouble with Armour. My doc has switched me to Naturethroid which is similar to Westhroid and Armour thyroid. We don't want to be taking Armour anymore anyway because they changed the formulation and it is not working as well for people. I have found a local pharmacy that sells the Naturethroid and they mail it to me.

Hope this helps.
                    M3
                    AF Since April 20, 2008
                    4 Years!!!
                    :lilheart:

Comment

af daily sun 29 nov

Hi M3. Yep - I went through the problems with the reformulated version. I had heard about the reformulation, but thought I was past it without problem. BUT...it seems my supplier must have had plenty of stock of the old version. Boy - when they switched to the reformulated version I had problems! I too have been switched to NatureThroid / Westhroid but can't source it and I'm down to just over 30 days supply. It seems people are having success with Erfa Thyroid from Canada. They are NOT having any supply problems apparently, which makes me really question the "story" here in the US that the problem is the availability of the raw material (raw porcine thyroid). Also, it seems that the raw material is available if you want to do compounded. I've heard that people end up sometimes with dose issues depending on how much fiber the pharmacy uses in the compounded version. Since it's more expensive and I haven't had issues with the regular stuff, I really don't want to go down that path unless I have to.

My doctor thinks, and many people seem to think that the FDA is meddling, and is going to force a New Drug Application process. The Synthroid makers (nothing against the drug itself - just the Big Pharma Games) would be thrilled about that and are suspected of pushing it. (the natural thyroid meds have been around since the late 1800's and have always been assumed to be "grandfathered" in terms of FDA approval) Anyway, whatever is going on I hope it ends soon. Mean time M3, if the NatureThroid backorder situation doesn't clear by the end of December as they say it is supposed to, that Canada thing is an option for you to at least know about.

Kate, I would stay with synthetics until whatever the issues are with naturals are resolved. Are you also taking T3, or only T4? (you may not need T3)

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                      X