Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trying antabuse now - advice?

Congratulations on getting on the 'bus :goodjob:

For me its a sense of freedom that I really appreciate. I feel invincible knowing that nothing in the world could make me take a drink now.

I never noticed any side effects at all, even on high doses for long time. I was worried about bad breath which I have heard it can cause, but as far as I can tell my breath is perfectly fine. I just flush with some extra Listerine and chew gum a lot to be on the safe side.

Top tip: Split your doses in half and take both morning and evening. Every time I take my Antabuse I think about how great it feels to not be hung over, and I think about what I have accomplished because I have been sober for so long, and that really reinforces the positive effects.

Comment

I recently started taking my 125mgs every other day, after the discussion about it's effect on our liver. I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't even really think of the consequences it might have, but you guys opened my eyes! I put a mark on my calendar every other day for the day I need to take it....that way I won't "forget". Another option would be to split the pills in half in order to stay on the daily schedule.
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

I take it on days that are odd numbered. Now I'm always aware of the date too, lol.
        :notes:
        we are human beings with alcohol problems not alcoholics with problems caused by drinking

Comment

Working...
        X