Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a buddy that is starting during the next week

Hello everyone,

I decided 4 days ago to do something about my drinking after the second guy ended a relationship because of my drinking! I am in my late 40's and have loved to drink for the past 12 years. I have the MYO book and the hypnosis CDs are in the mail. I have scheduled an appointment with a new doctor to work through my problems. I have not been willing before now to confess to my doctors my alcohol problems.

I would like to find a buddy in a similar situation so we can chat and support one another. I am a single mother of 12 years (see the connection?). My children are questioning why I am now willing to work on this after the last guy break up. They have been bugging me for years!

Texas Mom wanting to Heal!!

I will

Hi Tex, I will be, i just got home from my Gp after telling him about my problem, the shame i felt and i threw up just before i left home from nerves.

Anyways i have got the Campral and am starting Monday so you and i can help each other out if you like.

Regards Siggi. :new:

Comment

Hi Tex Mom and Sigmond

I am just starting out too. Have everything from the MWO programme, but can not get topa prescribed in UK - so have ordered it on-line. I am starting the programme today anyway. Just had the 'All one' supplement in tomato juice (tasted great).

Would love to have another couple of 'newbies' to work with and support together. Remember teams can achieve far more than individuals....

K-M x:h

Comment

Hi Chaaku,
        My Dr wouldnt prescribe Toba too, but i got campral.

The more the better we can all support each other! And i am going to see a counsellor.
        I hope to talk to you both soon.

Regards Siggi.

Comment

Hi Tex Mom, Siggi & Chaaku,
          I'll join you, if I may?
          Joined a few days ago, have started the Kudzu, now need to really get the willpower kicking in too!
          We can do it. AF or moderate? What are your plans?
          Butterfly

Comment

Butterflybe we all can do it together!

I plan to it AF, i cant moderate.

Welcome aboard!

Siggi.

Comment

Hello everyone!

I also would love to join you in this. I just had my first day AF and I feel great! I started the CD's and supps last friday, drank minimally last week and then nothing yesterday. I am not yet ready to approach my dr but am hoping to work up to that. The kuduz has totally stopped the cravings for me and the support from here is incredible!

Hang in there, we can do this!

Pinkie

Comment

Hi everybody!

I too am in my late 40's. I don't have kids but I do have a bad drinking problem that I'm determined to conquer. So count me in! Today is day 3 AF for me using the MWO book, full supplements, and hynosis CD's. I'm loving it. My Topa arrived yesterday, but I have decided not to start it unless / until I have to. So far so good - and I really believe we can all do this. Others have been very successful with the MWO program, so why not us too, right??

Welcome Siggi too. I can't moderate either. I will post more observations about the hynosis experience of last night in the Newbies in need thread, but I had a great, and somewhat comical discussion with myself in my head about that in the middle of the night last night!!

Hi again Chaaku!! WHEE we're rockin' and rollin' now. I like the powder in tomato juice too. The nice thick juice makes it almost like breakfast.

Pinkie congratulations on your first AF day!!!!! That is awesome. There is a part of me that wishes I had put in some sort of reasonable effort for some AF days before I started the supps including kudzu, just so I could tell the difference. But I didn't, so I will go on faith of SO many people here including you that it IS making a difference.

***waving to Butterfly!!!****

DG
                Day 3 AF
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

This is a fantastic little group we are establishing - Power to all of us!!!

This is day one for me and I will copy what I have just posted on a thread that I set up yesterday.

'Would you believe it? I started the programme (without Topa). And I have just had lunch with 1/2 a glass of wine - which I am sipping. A great big glass of water (something I never drink) which I have refilled 3 times. I still haven't finished the wine and have no desire to follow it with another one when I do.

This is absolutely amazing.'

Great of you Butterfly and Doggie to join in here.

I am planning to moderate right now and then go AF when I get the topa.

Please all bear with me as I am a bit of a technophobe. But I will try and keep up.

This is going to be so much fun supporting each other and sharing experiences.

K-M x

Comment

One really inspiring 'Oldie' that I have found is Irishlady - her threads are incredibly inspirational.

Worth you all having a look if you haven't already done so.

Off to see Harry Potter's latest this afternoon. Catch you all later x

Comment

Hello Everyone! Count me in! I'm just starting for the second time today. I was AF for about 3 weeks in April/May and made the mistake of thinking I could drink moderately. That turned into 12-15 beers a day for the past 2 months. Today I'm back on day 1 and the supps and will listen to the cd's tonight. I will check MWO site everyday and offer my support to all that need it. Please help me when I need it...

Comment

You got it Chief!!!! Let's all hang onto each other and WE CAN DO THIS!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi Everyone,
                          I started today with the Campral and feel really really tired, but the true test will be tonight around 5ish my drinking "time".
                          I hope everyone is doing well.

Regards Siggl

Comment

Hello everyone

Hope that you all are having/had a good weekend.

Just to report that I am on day 3 of the programme today (sipped 2 glasses of wine yesterday). I listened to the 'hypno' CD tracks last night - just as RJ recommends and found them so powerful. I thought that I might just add my anti-smoking one to the mix in a few days and see what effect that has (smoking is another issue that I need to address).

I sat and watched TV last night without 'flaking out' - the first time in a year!

I cannot believe how different I feel already. How much more in control - I HAVE MY LIFE BACK! And I aim to keep it....

This is the best investment that I have ever made and I just know that it is going to work for me and hope that it will for all of us.

Sigmond - how did you do when 5.00pm arrived?

Best wishes to you all.

K-M :h

Comment

Hello all! Me too Siggi wondering how things went when the 5PM bell rang. Hope it went smoothly for you.

Congratulations on another good day Chaaku! I truly believe that Positive Mental Attitude is an important component of this - just like the other parts of the program. And you've sure got PMA going for you which is just awesome!!

DG
                              Day 5 AF * * * * * (gold stars)
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X