Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Hi all,

Mary is at her beach party then babysitting the wee ones till Sunday, so I'll kick off today.

I only realised this morning that today is Friday the 13th but hopefully today will be a good day for us all.

The weekend is looming once again and I want to wish you all luck if you have any social engagements to attend.

There is a new restaurant where we live so all the family are going on masse tomorrow. I must say I am ok going out for a meal but I feel self concious when I go out just for "drinks" We met a friend yesterday who was here for a funeral of a friend who died of liver disease caused by drinking and I was so self concious sitting there drinking Diet Coke. I drank 2 pints of the stuff and I was chilled to the bone fo hours after.

I started Topa yesterday and no side effects as yet, I suppose it will take a couple of days to get into my system.

Have a good day everyone,

Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Good Morning Kitty!! *waving* I'm sorry about your friend who died of liver disease. I hope all of us are tackling this problem before it's too late. It scares me in that way too about my lungs - hope I quit smoking in time. Congratulations on facing a "drinks only" situation with just your Diet Coke. I'm SURE not ready for that yet. And I hope I can avoid it until I'm a little further down the road. Obviously when a funeral for a friend comes round...you don't have a choice. Best wishes for the weekend - dinner at a new restaurant sounds fun!

I slept pretty badly again last night in terms of actually getting any "sleep." But I did have a rather positive and adventurous night with my MWO hypno CD's LOL!!! I wrote more about it on this thread https://www.mywayout.org/community/f6...mmy-12711.html (post number 15 is the specific story about the all nighter with Will and Donald). I sure feel good about my quit today though!!

I am so excited to be on Day 3 AF I can hardly stand it! I feel like somebody put rocket fuel in my Kudzo or something. So since I feel like I have a bit of energy to spare today, I would like to offer HUGE hugs and heart healing vibes those who might need one. Here is a special hug for (((((Janice))))).

WHEE!! DAY 3!!!

DG
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Well, I have some good news to share. I made it through the social event last night. Actually , it was a lovely event and a very unexpected turn of events I must say. I thought it was going to be your typical social hour and drink fest for 3 hours and it ended up the hosts planned an entire meal for the 45 guests! We started with appetizers at 6 p.m. until about 7 ish and I sipped on my 1 glass of wine for a least 1 hour. It was so easy to do that I almost didn't realize I was doing it. My hubby even was shocked I was doing it. He was on his 3rd within the 1 hour and started realizing I was only on 1 and he even slowed down!!! Amazing how it caught on! I just slowly sipped and didn't guzzle like I normally would have done and been on to the second or third glass during the first hour well on to the buzz factor. Since we sat to dinner I asked for a glass of water and I did allow myself to have another glass with my meal and once again I was slow with it. I guess what I was truly most proud of was that I didn't come home and pour a glass of wine. That in and of itself was the biggest feat of all and i know something med wise must be kicking in. Before I'd not be able to stop and I'd have to come home and open a bottle, finish it and maybe open another before bed. I just talked with my kids and then eventually retired to bed. It was amazing and I feel amazing today. It gives me so much hope and it really is nice to know I left a social situation fully in control rather than the bottle controlling me! Even though it is Friday the 13th it can be a great day and it will be - make it your best to a great weekend of health and being the best you can be! Overcome those weird supersititions and put them to rest!

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Congratulations AJAH!!!!! :yougo: Wow you must feel fabulous to have tested yourself, and now you KNOW you can do it. I am impressed. WOW. YOU GO GIRL!!!!! You are right - let's make today an awesome day regardless of that pesky number 13.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

tired of this

I made it to almost one month with successful moderating and then caved in the day before the month mark due to being upset about something.

I am really frustrated now. I want to moderate and don't want to think this is some kind of nirvana for addicts. I think I might try 30 days and do the hypno every day. I haven't gone a month AF in years. Maybe it is essential if you want to moderate. I hope moderation is possible because abstinence would be more healthy but I am sure it would drive me CRAZY.

Sick of this!!!
          Nancy

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Hi Nancy. You sound a bit frustrated, but I also think you have a hint of determination in there...I hope so!!! I have no idea if this happens with alcohol related goals. But it seems that with quitting smoking, there is HIGH probability that shortly before a particular milestone, cravings escalate severely. For whatever reason that is probably not serious craving worthy, but there somehow in the right (wrong?) timing mentally. I realize that truly difficult and crave worthy things do happen in life. But it's just my observation, including for myself that the "nicodemon" gets really busy in my head when I'm close to a "Big Goal." I wonder if the Booze Monster operates in a similar fashion for some of us.....

Anyway, today is a new day. We can do this. ((Nancy))

DG
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Hi guys,

Well done on moderating Ajah, and DG I loved your hypno story. As soon as I can afford them I will order the CD's.

Nancy you've done really well moderating for a month so don't be too hard on yourself for a slip at the end. I think DG is right and that cravings can increase around "goal" times.

Kitty
              Confucius

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Hi all! I didn't go AF but only had about six. Am worried about my husband tho. Not only did he drink his twelve he drank a few of mine and he didn't go to work today! I asked why he didn't sleep last nite and drank, knowing he had to go to work. He said he's depressed and not eating heightened the effects of the alcohol Imade him eat something this morning and he said he'd eat later too "if I made him"! Hell if I can "make him" eat why can't I make him stop or moderate his drinking!!!

Sorry, just frustrated. Anyway, I'm leaving work early to babysit him and because I'm feeling out of sorts. I don't want a fortytwo year old baby....anyone want one?:yuk:

Sorry I'm not more supportive to everyone. I promise to do better tommorow.:thanks:

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

((((hart!!!))))) How 'bout we all just support you today?? I'm sorry to hear about your rough night/morning/day. That must be so frustrating for you. Congratulations for you staying within your limits though. All progress is good progress. I hope things go better over the weekend with hubby.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Oh Hart, hang in there. It is so hard to do it for yourself let alone have to worry about someone else...BIG HUG:huggy Maybe you trying to help yourself will show him that there is hope and he can do it too. Look what my hubby did just in response to what I did last night! You are taking the first big steps in being here and trying to cut back and that is what counts! Kudos for that.

Nancy, one month is nothing to sneeze at by any means. That is one month of moderating that you never had before, right? You are on the track of improvement and that certainly counts for something.

Doggygirl, any closer to a decision about the topa today? Just curious.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Hi AJAH. I have made a firm decision not to start the Topa at this time. I'm actually doing pretty well. Of course thoughts of drinking cross my mind, but for today anyway, I am not having much trouble dismissing the thoughts with a "no, I don't drink anymore" and moving on. If feel less "edgy" than I did yesterday. Of course it's very quiet here at the home office today - no tugging and pulling in more than one direction, etc. - had some of that going on yesterday. So I'm not sure if "Day 3" is truly easier for me than "Day 2" or if it's just the environmental/stressor differences.

I am not suggesting in any way that quitting drinking is a piece of cake. I KNOW I am going to hit bumps in the road, craters in the road, etc. My point of comparison is probably skewed so close after I quit smoking, which I honestly wasn't sure I even WANTED to live through. The first month of that was SO HORRIFYING for me. LOL - I think in retrospect I picked good timing to battle the BooseBeast with something else SO bad still fresh in my mind.

Of course I will keep what I have on hand as I have NO idea what the road ahead has in store for me.

Long answer to short question. (sorry)

DG
                      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Tomorrow will probably be challenging...

...so I'm hoping whoever is around can just send a good vibe my way!!

I don't think I actually shared the amount here. On my Day 1 AF, I took an actual huge bottle of the size and brand of Vodka I drink (it was empty) and filled it with water, so I could figure out in cups, hence ounces how much I had actually been drinking on a daily basis. LOL - I was in denial which is why I never just real the ML's off the bottle and did a translation to ounces or cups. I had been kidding myself for a LONG time that I was maybe drinking 8 or maybe 10 ounces per day. In reality, I was drinking an average of 16 ounces of Vodka per day. YIKES. I guess I'm lucky that I have not had any "clinical" withdrawl symptems in the last couple of days. I hope I'm out of the woods on that front!

Anyway, Saturday is dog training day at my house. We have a group of people that come here to train. I'm the organizer of the group - Mr. Doggy is the one who trains with our dogs. Anyway..... it is a day where over the last few months I have snuck booze in my cup earlier and earlier in the day - LONG before the group is done training and the "afterglow" begins. Of course I did that in my office too, and have NOT done that for 3 days in a row. But tomorrow will probably have added triggers and stresses as I am the "go to person" for every important or stupid question that people have. My strategy will be to keep my water bottle with me at all times!!!

My strategy for the "afterglow" will be to leave to go shopping. I have enlisted Mr. Doggy's help and support here - I will leave, and he will let everyone know that there is a "hard stop" to the afterglow drinking as he has stuff he needs to do. Eventually I hope to learn to sit through the afterglow with my water. But...I want tomorrow to be successful Day4 AF, and I'm not going to tempt the fates this early in the game.

Anyway, it helps just to write this stuff down!! Thanks in advance for your support. This is such a great site!!

DG
                        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

DG the dog training sounds like fun, wish I could bring my BIL's mutt along, he could certainly do with some training.

Well done for having a plan for tomorrow, and super that you have Mr. Doggy for support.

Kitty
                          Confucius

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 13

Yes - having Mr. Doggy's support is a HUGE benefit. **note to self - tell hart to send her hubby here for some training**

DG
                            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                            X