just had to share this..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just had to share this..

I was in a funk tonight, and crying over spilled milk you could say. I got self-absorbed with pain that has resurfaced, and just emotional all around (Im sure none of you women can relate...)

So I was in my own little selfish world of tears... and my eight-year-old son just walked up to me and said... "Mom... these were left over from Valentines Day." And the next thing I knew, he was putting little stickers all over my face, which unfortunately were having a hard time sticking cause of the ole tears.

I started to get irritated... who wants a little kid putting stickers on their face while they are having a good cry? So I hugged him and said "Thank you sweetie." I was sure they were all of Darth Vader or Obie..., but I went to the bathroom and what did I see? Mascara running down my face... messy hair... and little red hearts stuck all over my face....

I love this kid! Hold your little ones close ... they grow up and stop putting stickers on your face.

Thought I would share...
    Allie

just had to share this..

Oh that is SOOO sweet. Thanks for sharing. That brought a smile to my tired face tonight.

Comment

just had to share this..

Oh Allie,
      Don't I know it! All my little ones are grown up and I miss those days: Enjoy them while you can, part of my drinking came about because of my big QUIET empty home when they all left. Bearing in mind they always come back!!!!!!!!!!
      Thanks for sharing Allie
      Hugs.
      Love Shas

Comment

just had to share this..

Oh Allie!!

What an awesome sweet story that is....Thank you!!! I've been funky today too. Must be something in the stars...lots of tears and just plain old yuck...(but no pain unles you count past emotional trauma rearing it's ugly head).

I think I'll go love on my kiddos right now as well!

Hope

Comment

just had to share this..

Shas...
          I think he has some more stickers... put a few on! My oldest is 19, so I too have upped the booze this last year because of moving to a new state and leaving him behind. I think we get too busy crying over what we have lost, that we dont appreciate what we still have. (I was crying over a loss... sad. Need to wake up and see what more I have!!)

What an incredible reminder to me tonight...

I still have the stickers on my face... just might sleep in them. Dont ever want to take them off!

Allie

Comment

just had to share this..

Just wanted to let you guys know that I am not in a "funk" because I am drinking, but rather trying to deal with issues without the alcohol.... that is when you find out how much you relied on it. Tears, tears, can anyone say tears?

My neighbor just got home from Cancun... just rang my doorbell to tell me I forgot to shut my garage door. I am standing there talking to him... forgetting I have heart stickers all over my face... mascara. I just looked in the mirror and thought... Holy SMOKE! Look at my face... what was he thinking for that five minutes? Geez... probably thinks I have a sticker lover or something.

He's right.. I do. Wouldnt trade him for the world...

G'night everyone!
            Allie

Comment

just had to share this..

Allie,
              I do understand cos my biggest fear about stopping was dealing with all the emotional stuff we hide under that wine glass. Anxiety is big for me too! I think I am only starting to mature emotionally now. Well better late than never:
              Maybe your neighbour might just think you are a little bit kinky? LOL.......
              Thanks for the stickers, my grandkids love them. They are Gods gift for having children
              Thinking of you
              Love Shas

Comment

just had to share this..

(This message was left blank)

Comment

just had to share this..

Hey - you know what the equivalent of those stickers is when your kids hit their twenties? Text messages when they know you are down. My daughter sends me messages from Australia from time to time cause she knows how sad I am that it is likely that my parents are going to die before I will see them again. Just a couple of words every now and then when she can afford it (she is a full-time student). It means so much.

Comment

just had to share this..

I know... text messaging! College! Feeding a six foot four inch tall 19/ year old... (lets dont talk about the four cars... hubby, me, 19 y/o and now 16 y/o... sorry we dont have subways here in the south)

I feel guilty.. but I too am starting college this Fall. First time. Will be going with my son, who is almost 20. Should be intersting? I told him I will make sure we have all our classes together, and I will flirt with him to keep all the girls away!

I am deciding to make a new life for myself... one that I have always dreamed of even before this all started... I just know that in three years, I will be 40. So I choose to be forty WITH a degree, rather than 40 without one. I have a whole life ahead of me... and I am excited!

Allie

Comment

just had to share this..

Sweetie,
                      it was such a sweet story, and I really mean that. End if story hon, night night. I can't wait for my daughter to put stickers all over my face someday :-) xoxo

Comment

just had to share this..

Allie;

I got a smile from your story!

I'm sorry you're feeling sad, things will get better. Remember the Seven Fruits.

Hugs,
                        Brandy

Comment

just had to share this..

I always give stickers to the kiddies in the restaurant, as long as they wont eat em!:lol What a sweet story

Comment

just had to share this..

Hey Allie
                            Let's hope that this week and many many weeks to come can be filled with sweet moments like that which cheer us up and the sadness continues to ease...
                            You sound like you are working through the emotions without the wine and I am so glad for you!!
                            Hey, you hang in there this week. Do lots of fun stuff! Get to that 7, 8 pm time no vino... ME TOO!! Pulling for you, Allie.
                            Love,
                            Becca

Comment

just had to share this..

just had to share this . .

Oh Allie,

That is soooooo sweet! Incredibly touching!

Mine guys are now, 23 and 19. We were the three musketeers for so long, I was a single mom for 7 years. They still do things like that group hug and say, 3 musketeers. Makes my heart melt.

You can do this, it just takes a bit of time to get past the tears and the funk.

What bright futures we all have though!!

Hugs,
                              Mary

Comment

Working...
                              X