I have NO appetite on Topa Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't titrate down because I didn't have one (an appetite) then either.

Who else has this problem and should I just force my butt to eat even though I'd rather pull my fingernails out of my hands? I know I am screwing up my metabolism because I only eat a very late dinner.

Hi! How much are you on? I think we're about the same. I'm taking 100 per day and love that affect. Not to mention the wine affect. I started a glass last night and dumped the last half back into the bottle!

What I have heard people say for those of you who DON'T want to lose weight is that is a temporary issue and your hunger usually returns. For those like me, we are often fortunate enough to be able to continue losing. Now I still get hungry but not like before. I am PMSing now though and that seems to OVER RIDE ALL! >:

How about eating your favorite nuts, instant breakfast mixed with whole milk, avacados, and cheeses during this time. These items are packed with calories and you don't have to take much volume. Good luck.

Comment

I just started 100 on Friday but I drank more last night than you did so kudos to you. I probably had 3 1/2 not so hot but I used to drink 2 bottles plus (what did you drink???)

I do want to lose weight (about 25-30lbs) but not eating all day is bad so I will try the snacking thing with the nuts, cheese, etc, but the very idea of it is making me sick lol.
      Hopefully it will pass, I just took the topa about half an hour ago. Right now I can't eat. Your ideas are good though, thank you Maggie and I like all the foods you mentioned under normal circumstances! Patty :eek

Comment

I remember when I broke up with my beau of thirty years (looong story) I could not eat. Nausea 24/7. The ONLY thing I could eat because if I didn't eat something the nausea would even be worse was a few cashews with my chard. That was some kind of soothing relief and that was also what got me into the trouble with chard that I'm in today! (about 3 years ago now) Happily I have a wonderful new sweetie and all is well on that front.

What brought me here a couple months ago was my wine consumption had gone up to 25-30 glasses per week. I was buying a 5 L box every week. I was forgetting conversations from previous evenings and enjoying way too much of my "wine food" which is NOT heathly with my wine on a nightly basis. All combined to make me feel "yuk" every day.

Comment

Patty,

How about eggs and toast. I had the same problem you are having and for some reason eggs and toast got me through.

Donna

Comment

oh god I'm gonna barf Donna lol,- maybe for lunch ;-)

Comment

Too Funny Patty! Well, not really. You did ask for suggestions, although I hesitated throwing this one out here. :lol Maybe the next suggestion will sound better!

Donna

Comment

Patty,

Perhaps you might want to eat something BEFORE you take your topa? If you take it first thing in the morning, I would wait to take it a little later so that you do eat. I'm not much of a breakfast person--don't want to eat until around 10:30 am, so I won't take my dose of topa until I am eating. That helps. Once I've had my topa I don't want to eat for about 6 hours.

Hope that helps!
                Hugs,
                Kathy

Comment

that's a very good idea, I will try that tomorrow and bring my topa to work and take it after a yogurt-

there are so many supps they recommend you take with food I've been neglectingt those too so i really need to eat- thanks Kathy that's a great idea . I just want to keep the metablism going or else I know the weight will not come off and I really wanmt to lose weight and benefit from this Topa on every level.

Patty

Comment

Hi all,
                    Wow, I want my Topa! I need to lose weight but I do understand that it will become a problem if you can't eat properly. I hope it all works out for you the way you need it to!
                    CB

Comment

After waiting tables for years, and not having time to eat...(starving waitress syndrom), you can litterally serve food all day & never get time for it! Then when you get around to it your not hungry anymore!:rolleyes :b

I've gotten in the habit of keeping a few pieces os string cheez handy. Grab one in the AM w/some crackers if I don't have time for anything else, and late @ night ... I usually don't feel like eatin @ 10: @ night :rolleyes

Guess string cheez, triscuit, and soup, & salad have become my staples!:b

Comment

Yes, I have the same problem. When I was at my old drinking habit (8-9-10 glasses of wine per evening). I drank half the evening away, then ate a late dinner, then drank away the rest of the evening. The only meal now that I can say that I enjoy and have an appitite for, is breakfast. I have it before starting topa or the sups. I know my metabolism has changed, but part of it is, drinking definitely increases the appitite. I'm sure, but I think I am having problems tirating up to 100 mgs as per the book. It is so difficult for me describe my feelings. I wish I were better at it, but my head was feeling so strange, I felt tingley inside. I saw my Dr. and he had me cut back to 75 mgs. He's not sure this was caused by the topa or some of the sups, but as he said, we have to start somewhere. I'm to see him again in a month. I sure hope I (we) feel like normal sometime soon. I don't know me very well right now. E

Comment

Hey Eliziby,
                          I think you are not drinking like you were before, right? I guess that's the starting point and then you focus on the diet thing. I wonder which is worse; drinking too much, or eating too little?
                          I will be right there with you as soon as my Topa arrives or as soon as I get a Dr. appointment so I can get it faster.
                          Meabwhile, I sit and eat and drink. My bad.
                          CB

Comment

Working...
                          X