Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in need - Day 16

Hi Everyone:
    I'm doing well AF but still not declaring a count even though I use DrinkTracker. I don't want to jinx myself. I'm reading "How to Quit Drinking WO/AA" & am enjoying it. Thank you Nancy for suggesting it. I'm trying to work on other habits that I want to change & am having some success. Also, when I think about drinking (which is less & less), I'm trying to thoroughly review the pros (few) & cons (many). Also, when I think about buying a bottle, I imagine putting the money toward some other more positive thing: lunch out w/hubby, a treat for the grandkids, etc. That seems to inhibit my buying somewhat. I'm trying anything I think will divert me. Good luck all. Mary
    Wisdom, Courage, Strength
    October 3, 2012

Newbies in need - Day 16

Hi Mary & all to come,

Well the weather has taken a turn for the better and it's lovely and sunny today. I'm putting off going swimming but I really have to go beacuse I've put on weight and have to do some exercise this week.

Still ok on the Topa although soft drinks did taste a little weird yesterday, could have been imagining it though.

Have a good day everyone,

Kitty
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
    Confucius

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 16

Good Morning from Alabama

Hello Kitty and Mary,

Well, I made it one more day AF (2 in all) which sounds pitiful compared to so many but a great accomplishment for me. I have done many onsies/twosies these last few months and very few drunks nights. MWO has really helped a lot and so have all of you!!

I hope everyone to come has a wonderful day and this is a good upbeat one for all!!

Cindi
      AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 16

Cindi: I am in no way an example yet, but those onesies & twosies will add up. You'll begin to realize that you can really do this. You gain strategies & coping mechanisms during the ones & twos & pretty soon you'll stretch it out. I'm right w/you in terms of progress. Also, as your daughter sees your success, she'll begin to see that she can do it too. Have a great day. Mary
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 16

Cindi,

I'll echo what Mary said, those baby steps soon add up. Back in May my one and twos turned into fours and fives and now tomorrow I will have my first ever 30.

Those snippets of clarity really help.

Kitty
          Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
          Confucius

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 16

Good morning all! (well, it's morning now anyway)

Mary I love the way you are thinking. Also, I wanted to mention to you that I used one of your "actual" tactics as an "imaginary" tactice during dog training on Saturday. (a big drinking day for me AND with drinkers at my home). When thoughts of a drink crossed my mind I imagined a drink table - like the one you described at your recent party - and I imagined myself sitting with my back to it. It helped. You helped!

The whole thinking of pros and cons thing has been huge for me lately too. It's part of the moment by moment thinking when an urge comes along, but also part of my broader thinking about AF v. Mods and what's best for me. I just can't think of any good reasons for drinking to have a part in my life again. That's just what's right for me. That thinking helps make my choice not to drink, each time the thought crosses my mind, clearer and easier to make.

I still woke up several times last night (umm...all this water is having an impact!). But I feel like I got more sleep in total finally, and feel better rested this morning. Unfortunately, I fell asleep during the hypnosis track 2 yesterday evening. I have to get a better schedule and routine going for the CD's. But I did manage to wake up and put the Sleep Learning in.

Enough about me.

Good to see you Kitty. You upped your topa dose a little bit already, right? (sorry if I'm still having some Nopa Dopa problems!) Have you seen a reduction in your desire to drink since the increase? Any other side effects than the soda tasting odd? Sounds like you are doing really well!

Cindi I think you should be TRHILLED with every accomplishment you make. Congratulations on two days in a row. You can't get to 3 or more without doing 1, then 2. That rocks.

Hello to all newbies in need that are yet to come!

DG
            Day 6 AF * * * * * * (going to the drink tracker to collect today's gold star!)
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 16

WOW Kitty!!! We need to have a party here tomorrow (AF of course) to celebrate your 30 days AF! That is awesome. Congratulations.

DG
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 16

Hello everyone. Weekend was busy so I wasn't able to post but the good news is that I was able to stay in check and I'm so proud of myself actually. I haven't had a week that I have had such clarity in a LONG, LONG time. I was able to moderate and it felt so darn good. As of yesterday I'm now up to beginning my 3rd week and starting on 75 mgs of topa. The sleepy part of weeks 1-2 have worn off which is really the only side effect I've encounterd thus far. The combo of topa and Kudzu have worked very well. I've gone days without having alcohol and days where just a glass or two, maybe three are enough with some food. None of the days have I blacked out or gone to bed not knowing what has happened or woke up feeling poor - that is soooo refreshing! Glad to hear everyone else is doing great - isn't it empowering?

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 16

That is awesome news AJAH!!! Here's to the wonderful feeling of empowerment - you are so right. Feeling like there is finally some degree of control over a previously out of control situation. WHEE!!! Rock on for another day.

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in need - Day 16

Kitty 30 days is a huge achievement... I am really happy for you...

Doing so so. I was supposed to be AF but drank some last night out of nerves and sadness. It was weird, it immediately elevated my mood. Must keep working on these things. I know there is hope. In general it's been an upward trend since finding this website.

Comment

Working...
                    X