Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hope this is anonymous

Hello,

Ive been waching 4 sometime and am 2 embarass 2 ask 4 advise anywere else, i have been drinking 4 years and years and as long i could remember, i usally drink until i cant remember anything and have donw some stupid things in my passed when ive been drinking. the other week it was my birthday and i have a party at my house with my freinds and family and there freinds. i was drinking heaps and realy i mean heaps, well it was about then i was dared 2 grab the next man that walked around the corner 2 pash them, so in my drunk state a chalenge is a chalenge so i waited 4 the next man and without thinking grabed him and pashed him. the trouble was that i grabed my 18 year old son and pashed him and now its wierd at home and he wont speak to me. my drinking has done this but i cant stop doing stupid things when im drunk and have striped at a party a few years ago but couldnt remember doing that but was told that i did. i dont know what 2 do now please help.please

Michelle

Hope this is anonymous

Hi Michelle,
    Glad you found us.
    This place is as anonymous as you want it to be.

We've all embarrassed ourselves many times while drunk so your not alone there.
    Have you got the book or anything.
    You can download it from here.
    Just keep reading and posting whenever you want.
    There is such a wealth of information here and lots of people will be along soon with their help and advice.

Take it easy

Comment

Hope this is anonymous

Hi Michelle. I think you have come to a really good place. I am new here too - I think my join date was around July 1 or July 2. I read and read and read and read lots of posts in all of the various sections here. I liked what I read. A program that is positive, and that has obviously worked for many people. This is also a program that is based on more modern research than JUST relying on will power, or higher powers.

I believe that WANTING to quit drinking (or moderate) very badly is important too. I don't know that anything could make me stop if I didn't really want to.

I would strongly recommend that you download the "My Way Out" book and read it cover to cover as a next step. Or maybe you have already done that.....

Currently I am following the full supplements program outlined in the book (plus the addition of L-Glutamine). I purchased all of the supplements here as quality can vary, and make a difference in results. I am also using the hypnosis CD's purchased here. I'm working on getting my eating plan optimal (minimize high carb/sugar foods) and I've got to do much better with exercise. I am not currently taking the prescription type medication - Topomax or other.

I am on Day 6 alcohol free and I am amazed by how smooth things have gone. I know that the supplements + the hypnosis + a very strong desire to be alcohol free are all working together for success. For YEARS I would wake up nearly every morning telling myself I didn't want to drink that day, or at least not drink until 5PM. By "noon somewhere" it was always "well, I'll start tomorrow..." or whatever.

At least read the book to see if this program seems to make sense to you. It's not a magic bullet. It takes work and it takes a positive attitude in my opinion anyway. But it's better than sitting in the same ditch over and over and over.

Hugs to you!!! There is hope.

DG
      Day 6 AF ******
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Hope this is anonymous

((hugs)) .... the fact that you're here means you care about your family and yourself. That means a lot. The next steps are finding your way out of the drinking habit (something I'm currently trying to find my way out of as well).

I'm a newbie, but I have to say that this site, and the people here, have given me so much hope for a drunk-free future. Just knowing that you can talk openly here to people who understand and can relate is a big deal. It gives you the freedom to be real - to let your secrets and feelings out to those who understand and won't judge.

From here, we will find our way. I have Kudzu ordered .. heard so many great things about this herb. It's hard to believe that we won't "want" that drink, but that's what they say it does ... Wow. That's where I'm starting. From there, if I need to, I will speak to my doctor about it and try other things ... but at least I have a starting point.

Good luck to you. To us!

~Catt
        AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Hope this is anonymous

Welcome Michelle-

We all have those been there done that to one degree or another. Mostly everyone here is following the MWO program and tweaking it to suit their needs.

What you put in is what you get out. If you want it badly enough it will happen.

The situation with your son will pass. Don't overthink it.

I wish you luck. Keep posting and read the boards. You will find much here.
          :flower: Change a life; make someone feel important. ................. ........................ ..................... ........................ ................. ....... sigpic

Comment

Hope this is anonymous

I don't know what pash means... but regardless. Yes, you sounds like you need help very much. Just that you are here shows that you know that yourself, and that's the first and most important step. Popey and doggygirl have pretty much said it all, so I'll just say welcome and I hope we all can help.

p.s.There's a ton of info on this site, in addition to the book.
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Hope this is anonymous

Welcome Michelle,
              I don't know what pash means either but I do know that it has upset you and your son terribly. We all do very embarrassing things when we drink. Those are the feelings that made me realize I needed to change. I hated the shame, guilt and all the other feelings. I wanted to feel good again and be proud of myself.

The book is a really good starting point. I am also taking the supplements. I encourage you keep reading and posting. There is a lot of support here.
              "Keep your eyes and heart focused on the end goal at all times, and never settle for less."

Comment

Hope this is anonymous

Hi Michellle, the others have more or less said it all, but I have to agree that if you have a true desire to stop, then with the help and support of this place, you cannot fail, and that is a promise.

Love & Hugs, BB xx
                sigpicXXX

Comment

Hope this is anonymous

Hi Michelle,

Some great advise already. I think I can hazard a guess at what you mean by "Pash" and I can understand your embarassment. Use it as a lesson learned and move on. We have all done things we are not proud of but we have to try and forgive ourselves.

You can download the book and get started as soon as you like.

There is tons of support and info here for you.

I wish you well on your journey.

Kitty
                  Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
                  Confucius

Comment

Hope this is anonymous

Welcome Michelle,
                    I agree with the others as well. Get the book and read it. If you decide it is the right approach for you it will truly change your life like so many others here. The great thing is, there is no gimmick or hidden agenda. It's all up to you, but with help from the folks here who are just like you, who understand your struggles and can in many ways feel your pain.

Hope to see you around for a long time.

Rottrod.
                    If I ruin my body where will I live? :ranger

Comment

Hope this is anonymous

Michelle,

I too have a 19 year old son and I have done some pretty stupid things myself in front of him. I just sent you a private message, please read it as I totally feel your pain and guilt.

We are all here for you. Believe in yourself, know that you can change and try the program.

Comment

Hope this is anonymous

Hi Michelle,

I am also new to this site and I love it, there are so many stories and support, there is no judgement at all, its great... Ooooh you must read the post about "puking from ones nostrils" hehehehe too funny, and will make you feel better about others and their embarrassing moments. I will agree with all the others in getting the book etc. I am not on supplements yet as I am taking enough other crapola... anyhoooo, I know that pashing your son must be SO uncomfortable right now, but in a wee while you will look back and hopefully laugh. Keep chin up and keep in contact here, its great :-)
                        Good job!:goodjob:

Comment

Hope this is anonymous

A big MWO :welcome: to Not Happy

I think you may have found the help you have been looking for. You need help, that is clear. We are a community of friends with a common problem. You have not done anything more embarassing than the rest of us have done at some time. Shame and guilt are part of the illness. But they do pass with time and with optimism.

Stick with us, Michelle. This is a painful journey at times, but not nearly as painful as not taking the journey at all. Get the book and the supps and the CD's. They do work. And keep posting.

My oldest son was about 19 when I had to go sober. I find he forgives me and is even proud of me for my struggles that I have mostly overcome. Your son will be proud of you one day.

Please keep in touch.
                          Rest in Peace, Bear. We miss you.

Comment

Hope this is anonymous

Just incase I missed someone giving the explanation...

To pash.... to French Kiss
                            Failure is not the falling down... it's the staying down

Comment

Working...
                            X