Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Good Morning to All to Come,

I had a WONDERFUL day yesterday and only had one glass of wine with my husband and daughter at lunch. I could barely finish that one!! I felt actually empowered. It is the FIRST time.

I believe the topa has finally started to kick in as well as doing the days AF and making sure I stay moderate these last few weeks. The work is starting to pay off.

I saw the happiness in my husband's face and the shock and admiration in my daughter's. It was a great experience.

I flew into St. Louis, had a salmon salad with a large glass of iced tea sans vino and slept like a baby all night.

Enough about me.

Kitty, Mary, Starlight, Uli, Luc, Sweet Cheeks, Lilac, Rachel, EVERYONE, (I have a horrible memory for names much less all these handles) have a wonderful day and be well.

Cindi
    AF April 9, 2016

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Hi Cindi,
    You sound as bright as can be and have clearly done so well. Congratulations on both the AF days and moderation. You really sound in control. Inspiration to the rest of us who are trying to establish a better lifestyle! So pleased for you.
    Butterfly

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Cindi: I'm so happy for you. I'm right behind you.

I had an interesting conversation w/my daughter (who isn't an alcoholic drinker). She was having a bad few days. We talked a little, & at the end of the conversation she said: "I have some chores & errands to do. While I'm doing them, I'll think about what I need to do to resolve some of these issues." She then went ahead & did just that. What a revelation! My solution would have been to drink & hope the problems went away on their own only to find them doubled or tripled the next day.

I've been AF for a solid week. In that week, I've resolved some things which have been festering for months & months. I cannot do anything about underlying issues when I go from drinking to hangover to remorse & back again.

Thanks for listening & being there. Have a wonderful day! Mary
      Wisdom, Courage, Strength
      October 3, 2012

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Great news Cindi, and hi Butterfly,

Well I made it to 30 days, I'm really pleased. I'm going to buy some posh mineral fizzy mineral water to celebrate!!!

Have a great day everyone,

Kitty
        Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
        Confucius

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Kitty, 30 days is terrific. Well done. Keep going. Great news!

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Hi everyone!! Congratulations Cindi on what sounds like the perfect mods day. Good for you!!

Kitty, you are a ROCK STAR at 30 days AF. You are my inspiration babee!!!!! :rockband:

Mary, it sounds like you are just peeling back layer after layer of the onion (it's a beautiful SWEET onion!!) getting to the real and wonderful you inside. I know this is repetitive, but I really love reading your daily reflections - it helps me steer my own thinking into areas that really need contemplation.

Butterfly I love the way you put that - inspiration for a better lifestyle. TRULY TRULY!!!

I am happy again today on my 7th day of AF. It will officially be one full week since I finished my last date with the BoozeBeast (do we have a smiley for that?) at 4PM CST today. I am A-M-A-Z-E-D!!!!! I am 99% sure I have not gone a week AF since I was 18 years old. The worst things I am experiencing right now are trouble sleeping (I can't WAIT for that to pass!) and sugar cravings on a Cookie Monster scale. But all things considered, I'll take that and celebrate!!

Have an awesome day everyone!

LOUD AND PROUD!
            DG
            Day 7 AF * * * * * * * (my gold stars )
            Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
            Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

DG Melatonin is really good for sleep. I had to get mine off Ebay but I think you can get it over the counter in the US. You may already know about it so just a thought.

Kitty
              Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
              Confucius

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Kitty, that is awesome! :goodjob:

Interesting thing happened last night. My husband has been noticing me stopping (moderating) for the last week. Last night we went to dinner as the kids had an event to go to and I had a couple glasses of wine and came home and went upstairs to watch TV. I knew if I stayed downstairs with him that he'd have a glass of something and I'd be tempted to get into something myself so I wanted to elimate all temptation and I removed myself from the "scene of the crime" as it be! Anyhow, I came down later to let the dogs outside and he stated, "hey is my having a drink here difficult for you?" My reply, "Hell yeah!" "I have to say in all honesty that it takes the power of all I have in me not to join you. Yes, the meds help but my willpower is being tested." His reply, "Would I be supportive to you if I don't drink myself?.............DA!!!! Okay, he means well but will he do this? Gosh, what a help it would be. At least he is noticing a changed behavior in me and that is good, I guess. Anyone have any thoughts on this or similar experiences? Just curious.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Doggygirl: You must have been posting when I was posting - WAY TO GO ON A WEEK OF AF - GOOD JOB TO YOU TOO :goodjob:

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Hi,

Well done DB and Kitty, keep up the good healthy life change.

Sue Can Do

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Congratulations Kitty !!!

30 Days !!! Awesome !!!

Applause Applause Applause !!! :goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

DB2, Teacher and DG....you are all doing fantastic as well !! So glad I found such a great and inspirational group of of cyber friends. Have a great day !!!:thanks:
                      Lilac

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Well done all of you. Cindi you're doing especially great in light of everything you've been through - I bet you are so proud of yourself.

I keep going up and down on my af days but I'm taking it one day at a time. If I can moderate I'd be happy. I haven't had a hangover in a few weeks and am hoping the Kudzu will help with the cravings (I started that on Sunday).

I even felt inspired to get up at 6:15 this morning and go to the gym, which hasn't happened in a while.

Sweet
                        xx

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

AJAH - I sure hope your hubby follows through - I'm sure that would help you a great deal. It's great though - that you have a "safe place" to go. I often go "upstairs" (to our bedroom) too. Mr. Doggy rarely drinks so it's not that. But I have never smoked or drank anything but water in our bedroom, so if I'm going through a rough patch in the evening, that's where I go hide out for awhile - in a place where I have never smoked or consumed alcohol - to watch TV or read or whatever. I try not to hide out TOO much, but for right now? My quits come first and I will do what I gotta do. I'm fortunate that I have full Mr. Doggy support on that one. Does your DH support you if you have times where you NEED to go upstairs and take a break? Hope so!! Good for you on a successful dinner out and homecoming!!

Kitty - great suggestion. I will get out there today and get some Melatonin (yes it's readily available here!!) How do I spell relief? S-L-E-E-P!!! for right now anyway... Thanks!!

Sue Can Do WOW I lurve that screen name!

Hi Lilac - thanks for the kind words. And Sweet Cheeks - could you pretty please send some of that exercise vibe my way??? Congrats on your mods!

DG
                          Day 7 AF * * * * * * *
                          Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Congratulations Kitty! Well done Mary, this is huge for you and you are an inspiration. Cindi and DG, good going. Good to hear things are going well for you Lilac, Sue, Sweet and AJAH. AJAH, my husband rarely drinks if I don't so good luck with this. I'm back from my trip to see my new grandniece and other family. Did not do so well coping at times with family members who are bipolar and have PTSD. Also did not get new job I had applied for, which was a bit disappointing but probably for the best. When I found out more about it, it sounded more stressful than the one I have and this is probably not needed right now. Did kind of ok on mods but got in almost no AF days and need to get back on track. The good news is I bought my VW camper van and am busy outfitting it for a trip this weekend. My stepson arrives tomorrow for a week so I have lots to do. Hello to all still to check in, let us know how you are doing - good or not so great (I don't want to be the only one temporarily derailed!)

Comment

Newbies in Need - Day 17

Hi Louise. Sorry to hear you didn't get in as many AF days as you hoped, but I bet you did a lot better than the old days, right? The cup is half full!! (of water of course!) Your camper van sounds very cool! Mr. Doggy and I are long overdue for a camping trip. **note to self...make a plan!**

Managed to finally get 2006 books closed for our business today. YEAH. I am SO NOT an accountant/book keeping type. All that detail drives me nuts. "I'm management material" tee hee. Whew. I was really worried cuz when I tried to close last week, some numbers were WAY WAY off. I was scared sh!tless that I messed something up big time. Turns out I just mixed up a few important debits and credits. Thank the Great Pumpkin for my accountant! I want 4 gold stars for that project getting done!!

Hope everyone's day is going smoothly on cruise control.

DG
                              3 hours and 5 minutes til ONE WEEK AF!!! * * * * * * *
                              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                              X