Hi Everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone!

Wow, this is a brave new start for me. I am a 53 year old woman who Igrew up in a household with an alcoholic mother, never abusive, just not a good example. She grew up with an alcoholic father, and I had an alcoholic brother who died at the age of 35. Proof that it runs in families, hey? Myself, I never reallly struggled with alcohol until I was a happily married mom, with a great life. Go figure. My husband (who also is a problem drinker, but I wouldn't say alcoholic) and I :new: decided when our son was 4 years old that we wanted to be responsible parents and bring him up in a "clean" household. We were dry for ten years! Then we made the mistake of thinking that we could have a glass of wine now and then, what a mistake. He still has his drinking under controll but I can't say that I do. Trouble is he doesn't really understand this, and thinks that I should be able to drink, just moderate it. Is that possible? Feedback please!
    The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Hi Everyone!

Hi there and welcome...

I would say that moderation is possible, I myself am attempting to mod. It can be very difficult. I suggest talking to long term mods or more experienced persons who have been able to moderate.
    Good job!:goodjob:

Comment

Hi Everyone!

Welcome Hannah: Follow your gut. If you have experienced occassions where one drink has lead to ten, then maybe moderation isn't possible for you. Yet, have you sincerely tried to moderate? Have you ordered the MWO book, CD's and supplements? Maybe by reading the book and learning more about the MWO program, you can start on the path of moderation. Personally, I have tried moderating. It doesn't work for me. I've tried, tried, angain. This time around, I'm convinced its all or nothing for me. I'm sure as you read the posts on this site, and occassionaly post yourself, you will receive excellent advise. Good luck and again, welcome!
      September 23, 2011

Comment

Working...
      X