Just getting started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just getting started

I saw a video on You Tube on Monday and was directed to this site. I was amazed at what was offered and the real sense of community. I have ordered the CD's and am in the process of gathering the supps. I tried the Kudzu last night.

I still am iffy about Topamax or the other meds and I think I might have a hard time getting them. Anyway, I've been a beer abuser for a long time and hope that this program will work for me. I've tried to get sober before many times to no avail.
    Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.--- Dale Carnegie

Just getting started

Hi rvm and:welcome:

I hope this site helps you along the way and I look forward to see more posts from urself its a great place!!!! Stick around
    Luv Keepon:h

Comment

Just getting started

Hi RV and :welcome: to MWO,

The beauty of the program is that it can be tweaked to your own requirements. Not everyone does the meds. Some do all aspects of the program and some feel more comfortable just doing the supps. I do the supps and Topa and when I will buy the CD's next.

It is a great community and you will find tons of info here. Read through loads of texts and post if you have any questions. There are members worldwide so there is usually always someone around to help.

Good luck,

Kitty
      Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall.
      Confucius

Comment

Just getting started

Hi rvm and welcome!! I am a newbie here too, but consider the MWO program one of the biggest blessings lately in my life. I am a 30 year drinker - daily drinking for much of that time. I have known for years I needed to stop the madness, but "tomorrow" always seemed like a better time than "today." I now feel like I am armed with the right information, tools and support to be successful giving it up...finally.

I am on day 8 today alcohol free - in a row - it's a shocker I tell you!! I know I have not gone 3 days in a row without visiting the BoozeBeast - much less 8 days since I was 18 or so. (am 49 now).

I read the book first, then ordered the supplements from here (quality varies in the supplements business) and also the CD's. I ordered Topomax on line. Since that was coming from out of country, the supps and CD's arrived first and I dove right in. By the time the Topomax got here, I felt I was doing so well and feeling so good without it, that I would just continue with out it. Why add a drug to the mix if it's not necessary? Of course I will reserve the option to change my mind down the road. But for now, I'm doing fine without. Just wanted to share that so you don't feel a need to "wait to start" 'til you can get Topomax unless you really want to.

Anyway, welcome and best wishes. I hope this works for you like it's working for me. I haven't felt this happy and FREE in years.

DG
        Day 8 AF********(my gold stars )
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
        Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
        X