Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are awesome...thanx!

Hi guys...
    I hate to be a complainer, but I have had ONE tough night, and I was so grateful to be able to jump on chat from my hotel room and get so much support! Thanks Patty and Pansy...

I am out of town, bringing my daughter who is 15 to be at her grandfather's 70th birthday surprise. My ex-husband orchestrated this thing, and of course he wanted to see her too, understandable. But he has been in and out of the picture...

Anyhoo...we met them at a restaurant this afternoon... thought all was fine until we got a call from her tonight while out to dinner and she was crying. He tried to tell her every detail of our marriage, why we divorced, bad stuff about me (and of course not taking ANY responsibility for not being there for her for the past 12 years?) Sorry...

I am so proud of her... she told him she only had ONE night to be with him, her grandfather and all of her other relatives she has not seen in so many years, and could he please let her have a good time.... well... he yelled at her, ran out of the house and slammed the door. Thus the phone call to us!

Dont worry... she is fine now and in good hands. She is staying with her uncle whom she adores, and they have called us a lot and we have talked to her. They are awesome. (Uncle on MY side of the family!)

This has been one of the most stressful days I have been through in a while, and my husband was out of town all last week, has to fly out again first thing Monday for another week.

I know none of this has ANYTHING to do with anything, other than the fact that I started drinking when we divorced, 12 years ago. So I had to see him as well... that was tough too.. .another story. But just would welcome some cyberhugs!! You guys are awesome! Glad I could come here instead of getting plastered like I felt like!!!

All the best..
    Allie

She just called my husband... they have not seen him since he ran out the door several hours ago. Now he has RUINED his own Fathers surprise party, and doing everything he can to make OUR daughter feel like the guilty one because HE LEFT HER?

Sorry I am not handling this well. Gonna break open that bottle of wine. She said she did not ever want to see him again.

I am so angry that he is "running off" like Laura Ingalls Wilder on Little House on the Prairie every time something does not go her/ his their way... I am so glad my daughter did not run after him apologizing for something she did not do... She just said... "Mom, he is so immature... its like he never grew up."

I know its easy for everyone to wonder why I ever married him, but I was only 17. I've learned a lot, and apparently my children have too... so proud! Now if I can find that bottle opener for my wine...

Allie

Comment

Are you sure that's what you really want to do, Allie? Don't give away yur power to him...

Comment

Well Allie,

The good news is that tomorrow is another day, and as Anne of Green Gables would say, "with no mistakes in it". I hope you all get through tonight okay, and that tomorrow brings a fresh perspective. Somehow I feel that whatever mistakes may happen tonight, ALL WILL BE WELL in short order, and these troubles will be behind you.

Love, Kathy

Comment

Allie................Don't let him have that kind of power over you. Skip the bottle and be proud of how your daughter handled him! It sounds like you've done a great job raising her.
          Blessings and prayers to you and your daughter tonight,
          Nancy

Comment

Allie.
            I am very proud of you and you've done a great job with your daughter. I'm sure it was way too late for anyone to do anything about the wine because you had your mind made up and had obviously already bought it (you were in a hotel right) so you slipped.
            Your ex is a sick man and I am so sorry you (and she) had to go through this but I am so happy you didn't stay with him and let him raise her. She sounds wonderful and YOU get to take credit for that no matter how much drinking you have done over the years. Don't be a disappoinment to her the way he has been. Kids need one stable parent and she's at a fragile age (I know this from experience and who knows maybe you do too). She handled it with grace and that's because of you do not let him get to you. You have a new hubby and a wonderful family so don't let this tupid b-day get to you and don't let her in the same room with him again. I am so sorry about last night you were so sad I wanted to jump through that chat room and find the guy and kick his &8%$#2S!!!!! Patty:eek

Comment

The thought that keeps going over and over in my mind is "Thankfully he is EX" Ugh.

Comment

Working...
              X