In South East Asia and really on my own

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone. I am brand new and this is my first post. I live and work for a non profit in SE Asia and I really need to sober up. I am an RN and should know what I am about but it is so hard as it seems everyone here knows. I managed to get Campral and I have been pouring through the internet to figure out how long to wait before I take it. I am four days sober. I also wonder if one can moderate drinking and use Campral it seems from all I read that this isn't possible and I haven't found Topomax. I am going to download the book at night when I might have a better internet connection and keep reading all of your positive thoughts. Please help me with my questions about using Campral. Can I take it after being sober five days, can I have a day or two during the week when I drink or would I need to be on Topo to do that. I am so happy to have found you. Thanks thanks thanks in advance. Lefty in Asia

Hi Lefty,

I am a Lefty too! Welome to MWO! Katesm has given you great advice on campral. Yes, topa is for moderation. Glad to hear you are going to be able to download the book. It will answer many of your questions. If you go to the home page of this site there is a link called "Important Program Updates". There you will find all the information about the supplements used in the program. They help tremendously with withdrawals and cravings. I hope you can get them where you are. You can also order them from this site. Best of luck to you as you begin!

Donna

Comment

HI, Lefty - I'm a lefty also! I am not taking either Campral or Topa so I am sorry I have nothing to offer except support ... welcome to the site. It is a great place with great people who really understand the drinking problem. Best Rock

Comment

Hi there,
        I took Campral and you are safe to take it right now- you are past the three day detox mark so take it asap- it'll really help you with those cravings. But really and truly, it is for abstaining, not for moderation, so if you change your mind and want to drink, don't stop taking it (I did drink once or twice on it), but go to the doctor and get Topamax. Good luck! Stay on here, I know you feel alone there but when you are on here we are all the same ok? Patty

Comment

SO Grateful!

Gosh I checked in to read some more today and here are your lovely thoughtful replies. I am deeply touched and the advise will surely help me. Last night I went out with some dear friends in who probably haven't seen me sober out to dinner in the 15 years they have known me. I was so impressed with how clear everything was and when I left the dinner and was riding back to the city in a taxi I was almost ready to cry I felt so deeply touched by being sober! I have to agree with your comments about not trusting myself at this point to moderate myself. I believe that abs is the the way to go for now and am going to take the campral today and see how it feels. I was filled with urges yesterday and thought I would go crazy but it was in anticipation of going to the dinner sober! It was perfect. I usually get semi smashed before I go out and then use the dinner to top things off.

Thank you thank you thank you for writing to me! Lefty

Comment

Re: SO Grateful!

Welcome Lefty! Another one here in NYC (we ARE talking politics, I assume, yes?)

I do so know what you mean about being moved to tears at seeing the world without alcohol...I'm spending the week in Vermont and the mountains and lakes look so incredibly beautiful through clear eyes--despite the plague of tent caterpillars we are experiencing at the moment!

I have been abstinent for 53 days at this point and I wouldn't want to go back to drinking for anything...oh yes, I do have "urges" and "thoughts"--but really at this point it's as much habit as anything else...I am so USED to drinking all the time that my mind just naturally goes there when I'm upset...or happy...or anxious...or excited...whenever! I just have to remember when I get a vision of a lovely glass of wine that I am so NOT lovely after I start drinking it-and the million glasses that will inevitably follow! I LIKE the alcohol-free me and I am ready to do whatever it takes to stay that way!

Keep coming back--this is a great site with lots of excellent advice, insights and just plain support!

best, susan

Comment

Took my Campral today

My name comes from political persuasion Susan but I use it for another website and just logged on with it here. Guess it is strange here. Guess I could change it to sober lefty! I am so calm today. I cannot believe that a pill could have made any difference yet but I think taking the decision out of if I will drink or not is what this is all about. I am so tired of the struggle with it all and really am happy to be here reading all of your comments. It is amazing to find this website ... Thanks again. Lefty

Comment

Re: Took my Campral today

Lefty, we are so proud of you to be doing this, you've made it past a very important detox hurdle, your body in booze free now!! Since is am moderating I cannot even say that! But I've made my choice and may change my mind back and luckily that is a woman prerogative and my shrink will give me whatever I want thank goodneess, and thank god I don't live in Canada, I feel so badly for them because nobody will them them anything up there.
                PS- I'm right handed but a lefty too pretty much
                :rollin

Comment

Working...
                X