Hello! Can I be acknowledged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I have posted a couple of ditties before and have not really been taken into "the fold".

I would warn all newbies that this place seems to be a place of people who either fit or do not. I have posted items only to be ignored and I have added replied to people's posts only to be ignored.

It may be a marketing ploy - maybe it's 90% employees of My Way Out running this site and not what you think! I have admittedly not bought any of the My Way Out products and here I am - sent to coventry! - Maybe this won't get to air but if it does folks - just please beware!

Hey TieMe,
    I'm sorry if you feel like you were not acknowledged. I saw responses to some of your posts. You've only posted a couple times, that may be why you haven't gotten the reponse you are expecting.

I can assure you we are not employees of MWO. We are all people looking for help in beating our alcohol problems.

If you post more and participate in some of the discussion threads, people will get to know you more.

Marcie

Comment

Kangaroo!!
      I even gave one of your jokes to my kids! OK, that's not the kind of acknowledgement you are looking for....but I for one certainly know you are here and am NOT an employee of the website by any means.
      I am going to go back and try to see where perhaps you feel you were not getting the support you were looking for.
      I'm not getting it...must be missing something. Very sorry that you feel this way.
      Becca

Comment

Hey Roo!

I personally didn't see your posts. I tend to look at just a couple of threads. But trust me, I am far from an employee, just someone, like you, looking for help.

Drop in on chat sometime. Welcome!

Ivy (nickname NED)

Comment

Hi TieMe,

We are not employee's! WE are real People! With the same problem, just like you. It takes some longer to feel "folded" in the group so to say....it is just a matter of how often you post, where you post....!

Keep Posting and start responding to other posts. Trust me..you will start felling the warmth real soon! It is just like getting to know people in the "real world"! I know that I am very shy... So.. it may take alittle time to meet people and for them to meet you! But it will happen if you start joining in!

Best wishes to you!
          ~Tammie

Comment

Hi TieMe,

Nope, not MWO employees, just trying to get support here. So sorry you felt neglected. How about tellig us a little bit about yourself. We would love to get to know you! A warm MWO welcome to you!

Donna

Comment

Hey Sport,

Forums are like this, sometimes you need to ask the same question or post the same comment a couple times in different places. It's hard to say why some threads get really popular while others languish, but I'm certain that once a thread does get several responses, this alone contributes to its getting even more.

Do not despair, I read a couple of your posts. What I recall is folks were rotting for you and impressed with your choice of handle.

Best to ya!

Comment

HTML Comments are not allowed

Comment

Gee 'Roo,

If 90% of us are MWO employees and only 10% are "real" - we ought to be sacked! Instant dismissal! As a Call Centre - we suck> :rollin

G'day from

Tawny Frogmouth

Comment

I'm confused

Someone (admin) edited my response ... there was no html code in there, at least not intentionally. I was trying to correct the mispelling 'rotting' which was meant to be rooting, or cheering for.

Is there a way we can edit mispellings?

Please advise

Comment

Re: I'm confused

yes Greg, click on the edit link under you name for any post you have submitted.

Comment

Hey Uglyhat,
                        This happened to another person one time...
                        Go to your post that you want to edit and hit the "edit" button, then just change what you want. Then hit "add reply" as you normally would. Don't know what that HTML business is all about. Figured you didn't mean "rotting"!!!:lol

Kangaroo, I think it's the middle of the night over there, but please let us know you are OK and still with us when you wake up! Look forward to chatting.

Comment

OOHHH! *bonks self on head* THAT edit button. Still, it'd be nice if admin would let me know just what I typed wrongly to get censored.

Now, if I could just get that 'Tie me kangaroo down sport' song out of my head...

Comment

No Greg,

Rolf Harris will haunt you for the rest of the day.

Tawny

Comment

Just to clarify, we don't edit or delete messages unless members ask us to (or the post is so egregious we feel it must be removed.)

Once you register, you can always go back and edit your message as Marcie described. Also, the buttons on the left will allow you to include HTML, no problem there.

Thanks for posting and welcome, all. :-)

RJ

(Uglyhat: just saw your post after writing this: we didn't edit anything of yours!)

Comment

Working...
                              X