Wrecked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrecked

Fell off the wagon in spectacular fashion Wednesday (and yesterday) - no idea how much I drank, feel very, very sick and depressed. I did more than a month af and now this. Hard not to beat myself up, hard not to be disgusted with self.

I know, I need to pick myself up, dust myself down, start again. I can do this, I know I can.

Uli

Wrecked

Hi Uda

Yes you can.!!!!...Its quite easy to jump back on the roller coaster of drinking etc....then we get off and feel dizzy etc....and then just walk away.....and try a little harder not to be tempted next time the roller coaster pulls up beside you and coaxes you back on....chin up you will feel better in a few days ready for another try........

Luv Keepon:h

Comment

Wrecked

Hi,

You already have your solution, pick yourself up, dust yourself off, a month last time, who knows how much longer this time, maybe even forever.

Chin Up,

Sue

Comment

Wrecked

Uda: Don't let this bring you down. I think the slips are part of the process. Make it stick this time. Mary
        PS: I've had my share of slips.
        Wisdom, Courage, Strength
        October 3, 2012

Comment

Wrecked

Uda...keep moving along the journey...it is not easy...take it day by day
          Control the Mind

Comment

Wrecked

uda - I can sure relate to feeling sick! Tuesday I thought I might have to haul my sorry ass to the hospital. Uuugh!

I am picking myself back up as well - aiming to be af 'til at least the end of the month! I'm with ya, we CAN do this!

Comment

Wrecked

Nice job on the month AF .... Try not to feel too down about the binge. Not that I'm one to talk - I'm just starting out. But, looking from another angle, I have lost quite a bit of weight in the last year (75 lbs, 50 more to go) ... and that "journey" has been a lot of .... a few weeks doing great, a few days messing up, etc. etc. I think it's a learning process. You're learning how to do it .. (me too) .. new feelings .. new ways to deal, etc.

You'll get there. *hugs* ... Again, nice job on the month AF!

~Catt
              AF for two years. Slight relapse. Working on it at the moment.

Comment

Wrecked

I also agree it is part of the process...just start again and dont be too hard on yourself...think of the AF days not the drinking ones....buckle:l

Comment

Wrecked

**racing in with the swiffer duster** Uda, the past is just a learning experience and that is all. I suspect you will apply what you learned here when future desires to drink arise. That's a good thing. Onward and forward we go in the Battle with the Boozebeast. We Can Do This!!!

Here's to a good day...TODAY!

DG
                  Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
                  Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Wrecked

Congrats on the 30 days of AF and don't beat yourself up, you should be happy that you are acknowledging your drinking issue and are doing your best to fix it. We all are and that is why I am so happy that I came across this website. You guys are a great support group and I look forward to sharing my day count with you.

Have a great weekend!!!
                    AF Since May 2nd 2012

Comment

Wrecked

I know you know.:l

Comment

Wrecked

I (we) understand. Im in the same boat today, feeling like shit and a failure! But we are not failures. I think we would be failures if we didnt realize or recognize that we all have problems with alcohol, but here we are seeking out help, and thats a great thing.
                        I LOVE MY SEROTONIN AND BOOZE SCREWS IT UP!!!!!

Comment

Wrecked

Give yourself a break uli...........be kind to yourself and don`t allow one slip to negate all your hard work to date............you`ll be fine.........forget what`s done............only present and future matter.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Wrecked

A journey

Hi Uli,

Take a deep breath and rest a while - applaud your success so far, learn what you can from this relapse, and move on... One of the problems I have about counting the AF days is that if we fall we're supposed to start all over - I prefer to see it as a journey - and in journeys there are roads to cruise on, twisty roads, hair pin bends where you double back on yourself for a while, roundabouts, yields, rest stops to just enjoy the view, times you can race, times you have to crawl....I think the journeys we're on are very similar and although the road may change as we move forward, it's all part of the same journey - maybe if we give up then that's where the journey ends, but as you're here, you're motivated, you're determined then get back behind the wheel and keep your goal in sight...! :l Happy travels
                            :rays: Arial

Last first day - 15th April 2012
                            Goals:
                            Days 1-7 DONE
                            Days 8-14 DONE
                            Days 15-21 DONE
                            30 days DONE
                            60 days
                            100 days

Comment

Wrecked

Hi, it will be okay. Those who posted before me offered you good advice. A slip doesn't mean the end to attempt at sobriety. When we decide to take change our drinking habits it's not all perfect, so we experience our pain again and again. As long as we are improving, it's a HUGE step.
                              Enlightened by MWO

Comment

Working...
                              X