Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Survey - you say pen-da-lum or pen-JEW-lum in re CDs? (eom)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

>:

Re: Survey - you say pen-da-lum or pen-JEW-lum in re CDs? (e

I believe we are all well aware of your opinion on the pronunciations of several words on the cds. I for one DO NOT see the need for a survey on this!!!

Donna

Comment

Jeez, Donna - no offense intended. It just puts me off and makes it difficult to concentrate. Sorry you do not agree with what I think is a reasonable question - I am trying to find out whether this is a regionalism or whatever.

I hope your day improves!!!!

Comment

I simply believe you made this point quite clear over the last week and a half! I do not see the need to drag it up again!!

Comment

Rock, try to focus on the content of the CD's versus the pronunciation and you may get more out of them. I have family all over the US and they often pronounce things differently than I do and we all grew up together. I don't dwell on the way they pronounce words, just listen to what they have to say.

Marcie

Comment

Still buggin' ya, eh Rock?
            I guess it would depend on which way you swing!
            Ha ha.
            Helen

Comment

Good one, Helen. Nice to relieve the tension. thanks. I actually was asking because instead of however-you-say it, I started trying to imagine that pinwheel thingey that used to come up at the beginning of Twilight Zone. Makes a better image for me. Rock

Comment

I'm so confused now, how are we really supposed to say this, anyway??? Please educate me, Cathy! I'm serious!

James' pronunciation doesn't bother me nearly as much as that of our elected officials. Why can so few of our elected officials say "nuclear" correctly? Why do they say nu-cul-ar? Is this something to make middle Americans feel that our Pres and others can relate to them by pronouncing things wrong?? Is it scripted? How demeaning!!! I can't for one minute believe that no gopher or even Condaleeza has had the courage to whisper, "Uh....Mr. President...um, the, um, correct pronunciation of that word is, um, Nu-cle-ar, sir. Thank you, sir! No sir, I know you want to stick to your beliefs sir, but we're talking about a word here, sir. Let me get the dictionary and show you, sir. No don't fire me, sir!!!!:eek I just wanted to help!!!":rollin

Hope I'm not offending anyone here! That really gets under my craw though!!! If nothing else, our highest elected official should be able to pronouce nuclear!!! Done with diatribe.

Hugs,
                Kathy

Comment

Rock, please drop it like you promised you would, there are newbies that you are doing a disservice to that might not buy them because of this. Yes, maybe the pronunciation is incorrect but people might be able to get past it like a lot of other people on here have. Please, enough already. Let it go and return them. I'm sure RJ won't mind. Patty >:

Comment

Patty and Rock, no offense, but everyones pronunciation is different. I think the Cd's are VERY helpful

tomato, toMAto, need I say more!
                    Marcie

Comment

I agree Happy and Marcie - I think that the importance of the CDs shouldn't be undermined. Everyone should have a chance to discover whether they work for them and the negative attitudes might scare newbies away. Let's be positive and remember they work for a lot of people so let's give them a chance!
                      Cheers
                      Jen

Comment

Working...
                      X