What I discovered about the CD's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe they really really help. For at least 3 days in a row, I didn't get any listening in except for the Sleep Learning CD. By yesterday, I was feeling a little tad "flat." It's hard to describe. And of course I'm new to not drinking and also new to any sort of hypnosis so maybe I'm imaging things LOL!

From the get go I've truly been amazed at how much easier it has been to say "no" to each thought of a drink than I expected. I mean eaiser by a landslide. The thoughts of drinking yesterday were not overwhelming by any means...but the thoughts seemed to last a bit longer and it seemed to take longer for my "postiive-I-don't-drink-alcohol-and-don't-want-to" vibe to kick in.

I did hypnosis track 2 last night (3 times, but that story is outlined in the Monthy abs Day 20 thread LOL) and am feeling MUCH better today. The supplements have been consistent so no change there. The sleep deprivation has been pretty constant too unfortunately! (I have faith it will pass and FREEDOM is so worth giving up some sleep in the near term!)

It's possible I'm imagining things but I don't think so. If you haven't already given the CD's a whirl, I say go for it.

Another 2 cents and a bag o' chips while I notso patiently wait 51 more minutes to go claim my 10th day of FREEDOM in the drink tracker.
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

So good to hear. I did not try them for a long time until someone here said they worked really well for her and I loved them. Really helped a lot. I have not listened in a while, however, and will go put new batteries in my CD player right now. Thanks for the reminder!
    I'm really easy to get along with once people learn to worship me

Comment

Hey DG!

I think we have a friend in common --- Pinkie. I can see why!

Anyhow, thanks for the post about the CD's. I had held out for a long time since I didn't want to spend the money if they don't work. I ordered them today --- based on Pinkie's advice and all the other posts about it. Yours just made made me more sure of my investment. Thanks!

I had actually tried professional hypnotherapy before to control over eating, but it never worked. I ended up turning to more drastical measures to help me there... another story!

Thanks for your input. I should receive the CD's next week. Looking forward it!

Have a great weekend! )

Comment

Hee Hee Pinklady. Me thinks warped minds think alike!!!

I just kept an open mind - I just want this madness to be over a really really lot! (I know, I should learn to express myself more). I've grown to like my new friend "Will" my hypnotist. I can't wait til you get the CD's then we can share some Will-isms!!

Have a good rest of the day - I'm REALLY off to get dinner going now.

DG
        Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

hello Doggy and Pinklady!

I agree with DG the CD's are great, even though I fall asleep! Im glad to hear you ordered them you will be amazed at how relaxing they are even though "Will" has an odd way of annunicating! You will get that joke later!

It is 12:16am and I am officially in the double digits...10 Days AF!!! Yippe!

Comment

Hi DG,
            I'm relatively new. I've known about this site for 6 months and worked through my issue with the utmost secrecy. That's been a problem w/ the CD's and the on-line thing. It seems I get very little time to myself to address this issue. Once started on the path though, cholesterol dropped from 330 to 190 and blood pressure went from hypertension stage 2 down to close to normal. It's going to be a lifesaver if it can be maintained. Lately it's been a struggle for various reasons, but for the first time in months I've got a weekend with no one around and I'm going to go back to the CD's. To me, those were key even if I only listened to them eh hem, twice so far.

How do you do the picture thing, my golden retriever/stress reliever could have a picture there. I don't know how the "mood thing" works either.:new:

Comment

Hi For Them!! Welcome, and congratulations on your great achievement over the last 6 months. Your major improvements in health measurements is AWESOME!!! And my hat is off to you for accomplishing all that on your own - i.e. without any or much outside support at all from other people - even on-line friends.

I'm glad to hear that the CD's helped you in your achievement even though you didn't get to listen much. ENJOY this peaceful weekend where you have some time for yourself!

You can add an Avatar (the picture in the corner you were asking about - where I have my dog picture) in the "User CP" section where you change your personal settings. You will need to crop and size the picture within the maximum size limits, which are mentioned in the User CP area where you add or change your avatar. I am now officially at my dizzy upper limit of abilities to help people with computer stuff LOL!! Hopefully someone else can add something helpful here. I would love to see a picture of your Golden. They are such cool dogs!

DG
              Day 11 * * * * * * * * * * *(my gold stars)
              Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Hi there, i just wanted to add that I stuck to the cds religiously up to about day 30 of my 42AF days. After that, I decided I was 'strong' enough to moderate and the cds were forgotten about, but then events in my life meant I ended up slipping right back to square 1 over the last 3 weeks. I know the cds definitely helped me and my ipod is charging up right now as I attempt Day 1 AF. Can't wait to get back into that hammock! Janicexx
                AF since 9 May 2012
                Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks DG,

I just realized there is a tally of the number of postings. I'm obviously a rookie. Janice, best wishes on your come back. I was feeling pretty good about myself and then went on a couple business trips, and a couple short personal trips (including one to Las Vegas) and although I didn't revert 100%, I started seeing signs of behaviors I'm not proud of. I find that I have to eat decent meals (no fast food) and I have to excersize in order to maintain. The lack of exercize started the reversal. It's a must do for me.

Comment

I hear ya. I'm just now starting to exercise and I know my chances of success will be greatly improved by just sucking it up and making myself do it. LOL - today was day 2 in a row for a very teeny hint of something on the treadmill. Pathetic, but way better than "zero" in the exercise column. I too and really focusing on quality of my diet - good proteins and lots of fresh veggies as the main components. Stopping drinking is critical for me, but to have a prayer of getting the life back that I want, it will take more.

It's a journey of self discovery, that's for sure!! Best wishes getting your total program back on track!!

DG
                    Day 13 AF * * * * * * * * * * * * *
                    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                    X