This time last year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This time last year

This time last year I was told my life would be changing.

My old job (20 years old) has ended this week. :upset:

I face preparing for a new job in September. Scary ? Or exciting ?

This time last year it was scary. I was drinking to oblivion every night and felt a failure in everything I did. The thought of having to begin a new job with new people was terrifying. How can you start a new venture when you are permanently hung over? How can you talk to people when you feel your breath stinks?

I looked on the net and found this site. The first person who replied to my plea for help ("It's morning - so I want to stop." ) told me to read everything I could. So that is what I did.

Since September last year, I have had 205 successful days of AF or moderation. ( Mods= no more than 3 for me) And only 10 days of drinking to oblivion.

I feel much more confident than I did last year but am still nervous. I still don't feel I have a secure enough grip on this.

154 of my successful days have been AF. ( The fact that I can count the number of days is worrying.) Also it means there are about 110 days where I have drunk more than half a bottle of wine and some of those have been work days- but not many. ( Suppose I could work it out but you have to draw a line with this obsession somewhere!)

I am deeply grateful to everyone who has supported me in this journey forward.

You have made it possible for me to approach this new job with hope of success not fear of failure. This time last year I was thinking of not even trying to cope with the new job. Now I am facing up to the challenge ( it will be a challenge) with something approaching confidence mixed with apprehension rather than fear and trepidation.

I need a drinking plan for September. Any ideas?
    Enough is enough

This time last year

Well Done Waves,

Your progress is excellent and good luck for your new job .....

I agree with you about this place, its amazing .........

Onwards and upwards should be your plan for september ...

Love & Hugs, BB xx
    sigpicXXX

Comment

This time last year

Waves, it made me so happy to read your post. Your accomplishment here in one short year is tremendous! Just follow your instincts. They're good ones, they've taken you this far. I am so happy for you!

:heart: E

Comment

This time last year

waves...you have made amazing progress in a year and congrats that you are still here because this place is better than winning the lotto in my book! keep on doing what you are doing and you can't go wrong.

cap

Comment

This time last year

Hi Waves,
          What a difference a year can make............you have done famously and should be extremely proud of yourself.

I do not think you should allow the fact that you are still keeping statistics about your progress to worry you............just be glad that you are, as that vigilance will guarantee that you stay on track and continue to progress.

Give yourself one almighty pat on the back!!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Working...
          X