My First Drink at 6:45 Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was a pretty productive and involved day at work; although I'm not making much money on the job I finished at 5 pm. Came home and worked in the yard for about 45 minutes; did a few things around the house, and then poured a vodka.

My speedos tore yesterday, and didn't make it to the store today for a new pair, so couldn't swim at the city pool down the street. I have a bowflex, but it's on the back porch, and it's gotten too hot in Florida now to lift weights outdoors. I think of joining a gym again; but it would mean coming home after work, driving 2.5 miles over there and back, and my tennis elbow has been flaring up lately. It can hurt to lift a full carton of milk or OJ out of the frig.

Anyone else single and have the daytime schedule? Have to figure out what you're going to do until bedtime? I typically diddle on the computer until around 8 or 8:15, eat around 8:30, and then watch tv or a movie until I turn in, sipping all along the way.

Rapahel,
    Is there something else you can do to occupy your time without drinking? Maybe get involved with a hobby or project. Keep trying to make that first drink later and before you know it, it will be time for bed and you made it through the night without drinking.

Marcie

Comment

Re: My First Drink At 6:45 Today

Raphael, I agree with Marcie. Maybe go to the movies or do some work around the house during the hours you'd usually be drinking. That's what I've been doing and did a month of abs...HOWEVER, today I did cave and have two glasses of vodka....and STILL going. I can't believe I just threw that month away.... :rolleyes :x

XOXOXO

Meg

Comment

Raphael, why not move your Bow flex inside? Better yet move it to my house in Oregon!!:b I'd love to have one, it's rainy & cool here today, and we just moved an old couch outside so we have more room for a Bow Flex!

Comment

Jeez I should give someone my bowflex, haven't used it in months, my gazzelle either. But I'm on day 4 of abs and felt better today than I can remember in a long time. So just maybe that bowflex will get a workout one of these days.

Comment

Yeah Fed! That makes day 5 today then!?... Get out the ol dust rag and jump on that ex equipment! It'll make ya sweat any leftover alky right outa there, and make ya feel "Much MO BETTA!" Put on some good upbeat music & have at it! :b
            Hugs, Judie

Looking like another rainy day in Oregon, so I'll be xxcountry skiing in the livin room & ex bikin it! Kayaking in the rain is "over-rated":rolleyes ...

Comment

Email

I tried e-mailing you and it wouldnt let me. Would you like to send me an email about who you are and your drinking history?

Comment

Re: Email

Who are ya talking to?
                In any case, just go to the left side of the page...where the persons name is in blue(?) & click on it!

Comment

Re: Email

Hi, I'm Patty
                  I work in Manhattan in publishing and usually get home around six and can't occupy myself by going to the movies and such because I have to get home to my child who needs to have her dinner and bath and such. I try to occupy myself and distract my mind with her and play for as long as possible and not have wine until she goes to bed at 9 but sometimes I cave even with the Topamax (read on to understand).

Raphael are you on meds or the supps yet, where are you in the program, not very far yet right? I think you need to buy at least the book for right now because it lists the supplements and then you can buy them at your local health food store. The book also encourages medication, either Topamax for moderation, or Campral for compere abstinence.

I started with Campral and abstained for about 18 days with a slip or two in there but I was pretty miserable, had a lot of family sh%t going on (yet proud at the same time and had lost weight) but didn't want a life that that meant never having a glass of wine again. I am married to a sommelier and I love wine and want to learn to drink it like a "normal" person. So I switched to Topamax two weeks ago and i am doing pretty well, it's quite an amazing drug, your cravings diminish more than you could ever imagine, especially with the supplements. And your own will.

I also have a daughter who just last week, weeks after I decided to do all of this, was diagnosed with autism, so I feel like something brought me here, so I could be a better mother to my very troubled 2 1/2 year old Sophia, and be a better wife and person. That's my story. Stay here and try it, and once you are here for a while you'll develop friends that will get you through rough patches and you'll become more open. You can ebox me whenever you want, hopefully I'll be there when it comes in! Good luck! Patty

PS- we also chat a lot at night (see the chat thing up top???) so you should come in- that's a fun distraction, sometimes we joke, sometimes we don't if someone needs help. You are always welcome. Everyone is. I'm in there right now by myself waiting!

Comment

Working...
                  X