Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kudzu, Why does this happen

Hi,
    I"m a 35 yr old woman with 2 children and have battled with alcohol addiction for about 12 yrs. I came across this site and decided to order the kudzu. At first it took the cravings away slightly, but now, they don"t seem to be working. I take 4 in the morning, 4 midday, 4 at dinner and 4 in the evening!!!, thats alot. So can anyone give me some advice as to why this isn"t working, when at first it did?, i have tried l-glutamine, with no luck.
    I am really dispondant, as nothing else worked for me, and i desperatly need the kudzu to work...I have only ever drunk lager, and only a couple of cans each evening, but the desire for more was always there...

Have you read the My Way Out Book? While people do customize the base line, recommended program to suit what works for them, there is much more to the recommended program than just kudzu and L-glut. Since that does not seem to be working as you want it too, have you considered adding other parts of the program? Maybe Topomax or one of the other prescription drugs? If you haven't already, you might want to do a lot of reading in the specific section of this forum for the prescription type drugs.

I've also become a believer in the full supplement program as I know my body is nutritionally deficient and needs to be replenished and healed. All this stuff works together.

Best wishes!

DG
    Day 13 AF * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

I would try adding the CDs - I can really tell a difference when I haven't been listening (which I haven't for about 2 weeks now - I am having trouble finding the time ).

Comment

Thanx for the advice.Yes tried topamax, as was getting blured vision. Read the book, tried the hypno. Kudzu really was my last hope!!!
        Can feel myself sinking into that big black hole again.

Comment

Hi Fayejo

I am sorry to hear your feeling so low, I know how it feels to try everything and fail its soooooooo annoying......But this time I have gone the longest without the drink......42 days nearlly.....ive done this without any supps meds purely by determination....I live on my own with my son...and I could quite easily sneak alcohol without family knowing but I wont fool myself again......I find if you sit back I think about how alcohol has affected your well being, health family etc......allow yourself to think about the worst you felt during your drinking and ask yourself if you want to go back to feeling like that is it really worth picking up that glass...... you may think thats easy for me to say but honestly its not.....Ive thought about drinking everyday.....but thats it Ive thought and not caved into my mind telling me its gonna be fun......because deep down I know its not.......Fayejo be strong just keep taking the Kudzo......and believe in yourself because you are worth it :h xx

Comment

sorry, have never tried the kudzu or the l-glut (can't get hold of them), but the one thing that has helped is the Cds.. they are not very good at first, but help after a while and keep you thinking about what you are doing so what you end up with is drinking a little less than you would have. (If that is any help).

Also, VERY IMPORTANT: A lot of vitamins help make the urgings less. It's all in the book. I recommend the vitamins highly.

I also have a trick of stuffing food in my mouth when I feel like drinking. (that works great for me, but weight is not an issue, as it might be for others.)
            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Thanks for all your kind help. Could anyone tell me if the kudzu, works better as time goes on?, or on an empty stomach?, or in isolation. Any tips would be so so welcome.xx

Comment

Working...
              X