Coincidence? Magic? What!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curious what folks think of this one. For a long time - at least a year, I had pain in my left foot. It started small and progressively got worse. The "start" of the pain was on the outside center edge of the foot - almost like I cracked a bone or something, although I knew I didn't. Of course that pain cause me to favor things on that foot, so more pressure was going on the inside edge of my heel and ball of my foot which caused some pain there and also some heavy callousing etc.

(please don't nag me about going to doctors - I know I know it's a weakness - another layer of this here onion that needs to be addressed some day!!)

I've tried getting correct fitting shoes, etc. etc. - that didn't help.

Over the last few days, the pain has subsided greatly - it's almost gone. I have a hard time believing that this is just cooincidence. Is it possibly that getting rid of the booze poison, and feeding my body better with all the supplements is helping correct whatever is/was wrong???? I knwo there can be no 100% answer since I'm not sure what was causing the pain in the first place. Just wondering though if anyone else has experienced voodoo like this!

DG
    Day 13 AF
    Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
    Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

alcohol neuropathy

DG google "alcohol neuropathic disorder" and you may obtain some answers -- does diabetes run in your family? When you google you'll see the correlation... it is another reason to "scare yourself sober" ...

Comment

Still, I really appreciate the time you are taking to provide feedback on this issue, and also on the Candida concern. Clearly all of this is realted, at least partially - bad food/booze habits over a long period of time.

My Dad is diabetic, and his mother was diabetic.

You are NOT kidding about scaring myself sober. Thank you for the link. Another good reason for me to give up the booze for good, improve my diet, and never look back.

Thank you for the google keyword string. Yikes. I hope it is somewhat encouraging that this foot pain problem is so dramatically improved in such a short period of time. I can't change the past, but what a freakin' wake up call for the future!

Thank you for helping me get my eyes wide open.

DG
      Day 13 AF and not a moment too soon.
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

My dad has been a beer drinker his whole life. He pretty much drinks every night. He is super successful, but this is definitely his crutch. He developed Gout a few years back from drinking and eating rich foods/high fat foods etc. He was in a lot of pain (surrounding his joints and esp. in his knees and ankles). He has resorted to 'light' beer and changed his diet only to find out he has Type 2 diabetes. Although controlled by what he consumes, it can be pretty scary. Drinking and eating poorly wreaks havoc on our bodies.

I believe you are definitely on your way to a healthier life. Sometimes it takes a bit of a scare to wake us up. You are doing so well - keep it up!

Comment

Our body chemistries often are a result of heredity ... I am Irish -- what stinks is that as we Irish get older the sun hurts (skin burns) can't drink, need to watch sugar... UGH!!!!

Comment

From Louise Hay's book 'Heal Your Body':

Foot problems represent "Fear of the future and not stepping forward in life." While I think your sobriety is a positive step in the right direction so to speak, Louise offers the following affirmation: "I move forward in life with joy and with ease."

The fact that the pain was on the left side of your body represents receptivity, taking in, feminine energy, women, the mother. Affirmation: My feminine energy is beautifully balanced.

A side note ... Her thoughts on alcoholism: "What's the use?" Feeling of futility, guilt, inadequacy. Self-rejection. Affirmation: I live in the now. Each moment is new. I choose to see my self-worth. I love and approve of myself.

Comment

Hey, DG

I agree with Accountable for Me, I think it's gout too. If I remember correctly, gout is lactic acid building up in the joints. And I read somewhere that, you know how when your've been on a real bender, you are stiff & sore the next day? That is also lactic acide and other assorted unsavory leftovers in your muscles causing the pain.

Tomatoes and too much organ meats, etc, also cause gout, but alcohol is right up there.

Just another reason to quit.

Things you would never think about, eh?:nutso:
              The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your feedback. The more research and reading I keep doing, the more "Overall Health" becomes a MAIN reason not to drink when I think of it. I appreciate everyone's time providing useful info and things to look further into.

DG
                Sobriety Date = 5/22/08

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                X