Weight loss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight loss?

Hi-I am just starting out moderation along with exercise-just wondering if anyone has lost considering all of the calories you are no longer consuming? thanks!

Weight loss?

Hi Wanttostop- Welcome! I bounce around on other forums too. I started running again 7 weeks ago and have taken the plunge to be alcohol free for 30 days. I have packed on some pounds over the last year and certainly hope this lack of calories will add up! I am only on day 5 af. I hope to have shed some weight as one more benefit of giving up the drink.
    AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Weight loss?

Yeh, don't want to brag - erm, erm but 44lbs lost now in 3 months, from stopping drinking (totally af).
      I feel as though it's all happening to someone right next to me.
      I'm close, I can feel it, I can hear it, but it isn't really me.

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Weight loss?

Diamond- That is incredible. You should be so proud of yourself. I would be thrilled with 10. I am only on day 6 af so I have a ways to go.
        AF since 2/22/2012

Comment

Weight loss?

Diamond:wd: :yougo: That is GREAT!!!! Congratulations! In 3 months? You are my hero! That is what I wamt to do, too! Did you try to cut back, add in exercise, or was it all going AF?
          Life itself is the proper binge. Julia Child

Comment

Weight loss?

I too started moderating and now I just decided to go AF the last 8 days and I went on the scale and now I am starting to get a little nervous at how much weight I am losing.
            I run in marathons and am very athletic already and eat healthy but I usually don't lose weight easily at all. It's very hard for me to lose weight. But once I start to lose weight it just doesn't to seem to stop if that makes sense to anyone. Maybe my body is being rebellious because I am being healthier than ever to it.

Happier

Comment

Weight loss?

diamond;168602 wrote: Yeh, don't want to brag - erm, erm but 44lbs lost now in 3 months, from stopping drinking (totally af).
              Brag Brag all you want! You go girl, WOW if that hasnt inspired me I dont know what will!!!was it just stoppin the booze or did you overhall your diet too? or did not drinkin automatically make you eat less. I used to stick rigidly to my calorie allowance, but once drunk couldnt give a damn an I would binge on everything
              Sometimes the only way to stay sane is to go a little crazy

Comment

Weight loss?

Maxineann,
                I love your Avatar!
                You must love to skate!

Comment

Weight loss?

hi amethyst and maxineann,

sorry for posting late on here,

first I did have a bit to lose so I am pleased - now need to tone up !! Giving up 3,000 plus calories a day has helped with weight loss - that was on top of the junk I was eating as well 'cos I was always hungry when drinking and ate the next day to try and get rid of hangover !! Viscious circle or what !!

Now i am trying to eat more healthily, but for first time in my life weight is dropping like mad !!
                  I also decided now to start exercising and put on 3lbs but I can only guess it was muscle?
                  Anyway, the first 44lb was due to not drinking - yes. I think I will still lose a bit more from not drinking but then have to keep up with exercise and diet.

So good luck to everyone with cutting down or stopping and weight loss too !!

Diamond xx

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Weight loss?

Sorry, i forgot I have lost another 7lb to add to 44lb = 51lb.
                    Diamond xx

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Weight loss?

I have been losing a pound per week since starting MWO. I don't use Topa as my Rx med. I use Naltrexone instead which does not cause weightloss. So, all the weight is from cutting WAY BACK on my alcohol. And, I do Weight Watchers. I did that when I was drinking a lot too, but I wasn't losing much at all because of the alcohol. I'm finally losing at a good pace now that I'm almost AF. I only drink once/week and only about 2-3 drinks. Definitely going AF or cutting way back will help you lose weight. Drinking alcohol is like drinking a fat gaining drink! LOL

Comment

Weight loss?

Diamond - Congrats on your weight loss! That's awesome! I too always find that I lose weight when I am not drinking, partly because of the calories in the drinks I am not drinking, but also because of the late night snacking I used to do when I drank. The drinking alone prob accounted for 5 lbs, the snacking another 5, so usually about 10 pounds slimmer when I have been AF for a while. I have quite a collection of clothes to fit my different body types, which I refer to the good, the bad, and the ugly!:yay:
                        The furture lies before you like newly fallen snow - be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.

Comment

Weight loss?

this has inspired me! I am being a bridemsaid in August, planned to lose 2 stone but due to binge drinking, eating crap due to hangover, not making it to gym due to hangover/feeling knackered i have lost and regained over the last few months.

I need to lose 2 pounds a week for a month, I am planning on getting back to the gym starting today as I really want to look hot in my dress and calorie counting (properly) again.
                          one day at a time

Comment

Weight loss?

Good Luck everyone,

you will all feel better with those few pounds off... I do.

Thanks,

Diamond xx

Marilyn Monroe

Comment

Weight loss?

You guys are awesome!! Congratulations. I too need to lose weight. I was AF for 19 days last year and lost about 15 pounds. Just think: an average of 150 calories per drink times x number of drinks per day = a lot of calories saved. Keep it up everyone!!

Comment

Working...
                              X