Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just checking in..

Hi all

I have been away working on that dried out skin of mine - you all know that I am striving to be a Plum again, and well its going very well.

I have been doing the mods thing and it is working for me for now, I am not Like what I would like to refer to as "The normal people" that can have the 1 or 2 glasses of what ever and stop at that - I still have to remind myself of who I am and what I am but it works - small sips I say. So I have been out on the occasion and had one or 2 white wine spritzers which is good - not only is it just wine but it is also mixed with soda. So I have not made a tit out of myself, I have not forgotten my children, I have not burnt any food, I have not had a hang over, I have not fought with my man, I have not passed out in front of the TV, I have not had a car accident - there has been a lot of I have not?s - good have not?s.

131 days SNL - I call it start new life in those 131 days I have had my moments but it has been 131 days since I realised I have a problem and I can stand up and say - I HAVE A HUGE DRINKING PROBLEM. So I am just checking in to see how everyone else is doing.

I am now going to read and reply to some posts -I also have a friend that is having a bad time and I have tried to get her here but not so easy but I will keep trying this place saved my life.

Keep smiling - it gives your face something to do and makes people wonder what you have been doing.
    Though no one can go back and make a brand-new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand-new ending

Just checking in..

Inspiring to hear how well you`re doing.........Well done!!!

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Just checking in..

Thanks Kimmy

Yes Kimmy has been trying to get me on to My Way Out and I have been ignoring the nagging in the back of my head. It is easier to drink the guilt away and think that I just have an upset stomach the next morning when I wake up feeling nauseus again. I am a very heavy drinker and desperately need to stop but am afraid of what it might be like. I have abstained for 3 weeks recently and felt great but that one drink when I got married on 13th July 2007 was tickets, I just wanted to celebrate like everybody else. Now I seem to be back on the same old track. I forget what I said or did the previous night and lie in bed when I wake at midnight wondering what I did, did I eat or did I even take my clothes off. I need to know that I can do this and carry on with my life as normal, why is it so difficult. I would really appreciate any support I can get in travelling this long road.
      Help of any kind would be amazing.

Hopeful
      from
      New Me

Comment

Just checking in..

Hi New Me and a warm welcome.

Am so glad you`ve taken Kimmy`s advice and decided to give M.W.O. a whirl.

I was a mess when I came here and now I have `ME` back.

You`re very right to say it`s not easy...........it`s the exact opposite of easy, but so damned worth it!!!!

I wish you all the luck in the world.

Much love,

Starlight Impress

Comment

Just checking in..

Hi Kimmy,

I'm a rookie here, but I'm glad to see your progress. Your second paragraph says a lot. I hope I have as many 'good have not's' as you.

Best wishes

Comment

Just checking in..

Hello - new bod here...and new to blogging too!

:new: I hope I get this right enough to read! I have posted two messages and lost both of them before they appeared! All 'blogging' tips gratefully received!

It is good to read all your stories everyone - I have done 63 AF days and feel proud of myself and yet.... I read RJ's book ages ago but allowed myself to get stupid and really hit the bottle for 6 months after my business went under. But one morning of dry heaves and little black beetles out of the corner of my eye was it!.....too damn scared. I've been going to 'The Rooms' (can we say? I haven't seen any other mention of them...?) and have had such wonderful help...until recently. I just keep being told that unless I accept I have an incurable illness and ring a sponsor (which I haven't found yet due to all this) at a set time each day and go to a meeting every night for the rest of my life the 2 months mean nothing because I am going to FAIL... (And that hurts and scares the sh!t out of me.) I haven't wanted a drink for those 2 months - except when I get back from a meeting! (But I haven't had one because I want to feel this good for a long time to come because I do and not because I'm being practically 'threatened' into it...! They are wonderful people and I know it's probably because they really care but I am wondering if I just had a bad 6 months and can one day be a mod - not yet; too scared of the stuff! - with one glass if I go out for dinner or something... Does anyone think this can work? Am I in the right place on the right page?!
            Thanks everyone and I think you're all brill - so good to see you all on my screen...
            :heart: c: :heart:
            "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

Working...
            X