My next step!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My next step!!

Ok...well I have 3 months abs under my belt now. It's been awfully hard. Almost didn't make it (in more ways than one) on a couple of occasions. I wont bore you all by going into the ins and outs of it all but I wanted to let you know (especially those of you in the UK) that there is outside help available that isn't associated with AA. At least here where I am so I'm guessing there will be for you too. Of course it means you actually admit to people that you have a problem which understandably is a big thing but for me once I'd done it, it was a big weight off my shoulders. Also, I've come to realise that my drinking was a symptom of other things that needed to be dealt with. Anyway....

...tomorrow I'm going to a place that is for 'problem drinkers' (I'm told, as opposed to full blown Alcoholics) that are staying abstinate, they offer all sorts of support without the AA religious side of it and the 'incurable disease' mentality. Apparently they offer therapy and have quite a holistic approach. I'm petrified as this will be the first time I've met people face to face with drinking issues and I'm not an 'open' person but, hey, what have I got to lose!!

I guess the reason I'm posting this is because 1) I'm very nervous and I needed to get it down somewhere...lol and 2) to let you know that it doesn't have to be AA or no way if you're struggling to do it on your own!

I hope you are doing OK. Hugs and best wishes.

-Michelle x

My next step!!

Michelle!
    So great to hear from you and to see that you are going to be getting even MORE support. Please, please report back! Bet you will be able to give us even more helpful gems of advice and knowledge from this group, if you don't mind sharing, that is.
    I do hope that you are getting to the root cause of the problems and dealing with those feelings. It is challenging to say the least to deal with the emotions sans booze and you are DOING IT!!
    You will be great. The group is lucky to have you. We certainly have been
    Stay in touch, ok? Keep it up.
    Becca

Comment

My next step!!

Yes, please do, I have this wonderful site and a new thearpist but no "group" that I go to. Please let us know your outcome, as it sounds very good. Congrats on your 3 months you should be very very proud of yourself. Patty

Comment

My next step!!

Michelle,

That's wonderful! Please keep us posted.

Does anyone know if there is the equivilant in the U.S.?

Ned

Comment

My next step!!

Ivy and everyone,
          I googled on "holistic alcohol addiction services" and found programs not in my area. Maybe they will work for others.

Michelle, does you program have a website, it may have links to others?

Marcie

Comment

My next step!!

Hey Michelle
            Good to see you again.
            Seems like things are heading in a good direction for you.
            Ditto - Rebecca.
            Helen

Comment

My next step!!

Hi Mihelle,

Great to hear from you! Sounds like you are doing so well and just making such incredible strides! Best of luck to you today. Please let us know how it goes!

Donna

Comment

My next step!!

website addie: www.phoenixalcoholproject.org.uk

First 1:1 on Monday.

Comment

My next step!!

Michelle;

Congratulations on your 3 months of sobriety! You truly inspire us. I would love to here more about the the meeting and what organization sponsors it...

Brandy

Comment

Working...
                  X