Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleansing foods/drinks?

Hi all

What are the best foods/drinks to help cleanse the liver etc. and help to try repair the damage? also is there anything best avoided? (apart from booze!)

Thanks

Lou x

Cleansing foods/drinks?

There are a lot of others on here who can help you more (and I'm sure they will), but I will just suggest taking milk thistle (very good for the liver), drinking detox tea, and eating lots of fruits and vegetables. Also, UDO oil is supposed to be good. And vitamin C. that's a start anyway, right?
    Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Cleansing foods/drinks?

oh yes, and avoid raw fish and fried foods. they are killers on the liver.
      Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Cleansing foods/drinks?

Yes. Avoid anything with Tylenol in it!! Acetometaphin. Drinkers should never take that. If you read the label it says "If you consume more than two drinks a day ask your doctor before taking this medication..."

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

Cleansing foods/drinks?

Hi Lou

Lemon is a bitter, acidic food which is helpful for general cleansing of the body. On waking have warm water and 1/2 squeezed lemon and to leave 1/2 an hour before you eat and drink anything else.

Also drink lots of water (at least 2 litres each day) because it helps the kidneys to get rid of the toxins that the liver has broken down.

Mandy x

Comment

Cleansing foods/drinks?

try red tea! is caffeine free and is much nicer tasting than green tea, it has antioxidants and has a slight sedative affect so great before bed, i swear by it!!
            lv lakotaxxx

Comment

Cleansing foods/drinks?

Lotus, I've never heard that about the lemon. Can it be because of the vitamin C or is it something else.?

And Lakota, I've heard of red tea, but why is it good? And what about white tea? that's supposed to be great too.

Comment

Cleansing foods/drinks?

all great advice! I'd also add Choline to the diet for sure. it assists the liver in processing fats and in reducing "fatty liver" disease which is fatal if left untreated for a long time. Almost every drinker in the world has some degree of fatty liver...some worse than others. I take 800mg of phosphatidyl choline twice per day. Eggs also contain choline incidentally but I forget how much. Try to avoid a lot of animal fats and steer clear of margarine and all trans-fats. if you are a juicer, beets are beneficial to liver function also and you can juice them raw. Alpha lipoic acid is also helpful to liver functioning. Not consuming alcohol is of course critical.
                nosce te ipsum
                (Know Thyself)

Comment

Cleansing foods/drinks?

There is this OLD man in a speedo who is in the dry heat sauna @ the gym often and most of us just sit there but he does yoga and really pisses me off. he says he is like 50 and he has to be 80. anyway, he is one limber man. he swears by the water with lemon thing. be careful though- that may be what makes him lie. i caught him a lie- or just being extremely cocky about his wealth, a couple of times. i guess the lemon has not purified him enough.

@ least he does not leave his dental floss on the floor like another man did.

GROSS!

Comment

Cleansing foods/drinks?

ick. or bandaids on the floor, or in the jacuzzi...double ick.

hey, anyone know about or use Liv52 ?? it's supposed to be some kind of super neato thing for detoxing/protecting the liver.
                    nosce te ipsum
                    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Working...
                    X