Substitute Booze for Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone else find themselves substituting alcohol for food? I have a bad habit of pouring a glass of wine, around dinner time, instead of just eating.

Yep.... helps me stay thin too... that is sad!!

Allie

Comment

Did it all the time. Doesn't explain why I've gained 30lbs in the past year.

Comment

I've done it before. One of the ways I console myself when I'm abstaining/moderating is by telling myself that I am eating good food with good nutrition, and I really do enjoy tasting it and feeling the texture of the food. It horrifies me to think that I have substituted booze for food, and even not that long ago. What must my body think of me!!! I'm grateful it still works for me!:eek

Love, Kathy

Comment

Oh yes very familiar. Although when I'm drinking say four or five beverages in an evening I have absolutely no desire to excercise. The next day. I'm like a lump on a log even at work.

I wonder why?!:

kitkat

Comment

no question! I started with an eating disorder that morphed into a drinking problem. I think at the very begining I realized that when i drank before dinner I could go without eating, and that made it ok. Over time, drinking before dinner became a habit, and my dinner portions became rather small.

Comment

Mine is a sugar thing.
              I can eat dinner ok, but when it comes to dessert...eeeww!!!
              NO thank you!! Another few glasses of wine or a nice dessert coffee?? Oh yeah! Dessert actually made me nauseous!
              The sugars from the alcohol completely turned off my desire for sugary food. I just said I don't have a sweet tooth.
              Turns out, when I am abstaining/alcohol free days, a bit of dessert mid evening usually sounds pretty darn good!
              gotta get some kind of sugar buzz, I suppose...:rolleyes
              Bec

Comment

I use to say "jokingly", I'd rather drink my calories than eat them. Now, I realize it wasn't a joke.

Comment

Working...
                X