Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I survived the Cocktail Party!

Hi to everybody!
    Well last week I was so annoyed at my husband as he invited friends over for a cocktail party the first week I stopped drinking!
    I was so scared of myself more than anything, thinking that I would cave in and drink.........well I DIDN'T and I feel so good!
    I must admit though as I was the bartender everytime I made a cocktail I did secretly hope they would pay for it in the morning:evil
    I had mocktails and even added icecream to mine so they were extra yummy!
    My husband, when everybody left couldn't stop saying how proud of me he was (I think I have surprised him as much as myself).
    I was abit wary of posting, as soon as I do, I sabotage myself!
    It's abit like bragging about how good your kids are and the next thing is they arrive home in a paddy wagon
    I feel so good and getting better everyday! I just want success for everybody here on this site as I know how hard it really is.................you are not just fighting alcohol but fighting yourself!
    Thanks for all the support here!
    Love Shas
    :rollin

You little RIPPER!!!

Well done, that woman.

Tawny

Comment

Great job Shas,
      Save this post and look back at it and think of how good you felt when you feel yourself wanting to go down the wrong road, hopefully it will help keep you on the right path!

Marcie

Comment

FAR OUT SHAS! Great job! I don't think I could have done what you just did! Well done!

Kathy

Comment

Excellent job, and didn't you feel in control. Anyone else at the party not drinking?
          Miss Layla

Comment

That hubby of yours.....
            I shall hold my tongue.

Great job, Shas!!!!! The first weekend I was abstaining, we hosted a wine tasting for about 100 people. I know what it is like! Great satisfaction, but difficult, nonetheless.
            Be proud, brag, use that strength to keep holding it together and SHOW HIM just how great you are.

I still owe you a pot roast recipe! First, you stick a paring knife into several areas in the roast and plunk maybe 10 or 15 cloves of garlic right into the roast. Then, you rub it with a blend of seasonings.... I have to get the recipe for that. You sear it in a frying pan then roast it slowly with root veggies. That's the gist and it's delish! I WILL get it for you.

Back to the no drinking thing--------you rock.
            Becca

Comment

Working...
            X