Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Surf Into Summer 30 Day Abs Event - Starts June 1st!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Everyone,

We're launching the next monthly "Surf Into Summer" June Abs event. This event will focus on the basic elements of the MWO program:

Supplements
    Hypno CD's
    Exercise
    Meds (your choice)
    And of course, Determination

As well, we'll be exploring stress management techniques. Anything you want to contribute is most welcome. We'd love to hear all of your ideas. As you probably know, creating a new balance in our lives means dealing with stress in new ways. Hey, couldn't we all use a little more relaxation too?

This is a perfect opportunity for you Newbies to jump start your program with the recommended 30 days of abs.

And, it's a great group to join if you're continuing a period of Abs, or if you're currently Moderating, & want to refresh yourself on the basics of the program.

Hope to see you all there...the more he merrier folks!, Newbies, Oldies, and Middies alike...we all have lots to learn from each other, and lots to teach each other. Let's throw all of our strengths and weaknesses into the mix & have a wonderful Abs month!

Surfs Up June 1st!
    See you there! 8)

Deirdre

This sounds great!
    I am moderating, and not sure I can do abs for a month right now. Is there any room for moderators? I dont want to mess up what you have going, because it sounds awesome! If you want to keep this abs only, then maybe we could do some sort of joint thing where we could all share on our successes of our goals and do a joint thread with moderators. I dont feel qualified to offer much more than suggestions right now!

Thanks Deirdra!

Comment

I'm with Allie on this one...was moderating but afraid my moderation plan was too liberal and did have a few over my limit on 3 days out of the month, so I'm abstaining for the last wk of May. I'm a smattering of AF days and moderating days with goal of no overboard days! (no falling off my surfboard).
      Does that mean I'm in limbo?
      Limbo anyone??: ....Or is that How Low Can I GO??
      Need a June plan.
      Bec

Comment

I don't get it. What are AF days?

Donna

Comment

alcohol free

Comment

I am going to try moderation in june but might have to retreat into abs land if I can't moderate.Perhaps abs during the week and then moderation on Fri/Sat. I like the idea on the moderation board of "muscle memory" in remembering how to moderate.I don't know if ,in my case, the "muscle" has developed enough. I'm afraid that drinking to excess is an activity like riding a bike.... you never forget how to do it.
            In any event I will be on board.Will there be 2 separate boards for abs and mod? Can we go back and forth between the boards or should they remain separate? I'm looking foward to june.
            Janet

Comment

Do we have someone who is willing to be a leader for a June moderation event???
              I don't think it is a problem to run a separate thread at all, but I'm going to have too much going on in my life (office move, sister moving to my area this summer) to take that responsibility, although I'll sure be a consultant! Any takers? I think it would be great for the moderation thread to continue!

Hugs,
              Kathy

Comment

Hey!!!!!!! June 1st!!!!!! One of my favorite days of the year! On June 1, 1965 I married the most handsome man I have ever met! (I was verrry young) He stole my heart away........still does! Verrrry nice!

Sign me up for June abs! My plan is "one day at a time"...
                With help from my friends.

Abs and Mods included........

"I promise to seek Truth...speak Truth (in love) and live in Truth."

Nancy
                Surfs up!!!! 8)

Comment

Allie & Becca,

Of course you?re more than welcome to join the Abs event! There was some talk a while back about people doing different forms of abs: total abs, sun ? thus abs, etc. I quess you could be part of the Abs board & the Mods board. We?re always checking in on each other anyway. If you don?t want to do a full month, you could do a week, 2 weeks, or whatever you have planned. I think it?s set up to be a 30 day event because that?s the recommended time from the book for the initial period if abs. So for Newbies it makes sense. And for the others it?s just a good long dry spell! Just enough time to strengthen those moderation muscles, right Kathy? :lol

Deirdre

Comment

Deirdre and All,

I agree completely! I love the interaction between the two boards! However, I also love the fact that there are now two boards that focus strongly on the issues of absitnence and moderation in their own regards.

Boy I REALLY hope that came out the way it was intended!! Because it was intended to come out in a REALLY good way!!

Donna

Comment

Absolutely Donna!

I think you?re so right, having a separate board for each is the best. It is essential that we focus on the issues we face in abs & moderation respectively, and I LOVE having the two boards to do that on.

For moderators who want to do a period of abs, I would get the advice of other moderators as to which board is best for you, since I have never moderated myself. Hmmm...I don?t know?if a period of abs is an important part of successful moderating, is it better to use the mods board or the abs board for that period? Maybe both? Maybe it will be different for each person in terms of the different kinds of support they find in each place.

Either way I encourage everyone to read both, and will continue to do so myself.

Deirdre

Comment

Yes, I think all will agree that periods of abs are an important part of successful moderation...please someone who is actually moderating jump in here LOL!!! :rollin

Comment

Hi,
                          What are the two threads- abs and moderation- and how do you get to them? I'm a newbie.:rollin :rollin :rollin

Comment

I DECLARE that successful moderation can never be done without a smattering of ABS. Or else it's not moderation.
                            Can anyone tell that my definition of moderation is a smidge blurry at the moment?? Posting on both boards?? Saying I'm moderating but abstaining from alcohol this wk?:lol It's all good! I'm on track to keep on moving towards my goals. That's what's important. Devising the plan as it becomes clear what I need. I LOVE this program!

Andrea, the abs and mod sections are the summer spruce up events and may moderation events that can be found on the main board, under "just starting out, meet others who understand"

Comment

Count me in for the month of June too! Can we have some fun with this long stretch, like a group hug on the chat board?

Comment

Working...
                              X