Cal Ripkens...Hall of Fame Induction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being from Baltimore I've seen Cal since he was a rookie. The night he broke the most games played in a row record....I was in intensive care with my father. I'll never forget that night. My father would of loved that game. Hail Cal ! O's..............! IAD
    ?Be who you are and say what you feel because
    those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.?
    Dr. Seuss

When my husband and I separated in April, 1994, Cal became my "boyfriend". My daughter was just old enough to begin to learn about the game, and almost every night we sat on the sofa together and watched Orioles' baseball. It gave me a something to look forward to everyday, and a way that I could spend some time with my daughter, watching and talking, that didn't require too much out of me. I was just so wrecked, and the wine wasn't helping either.

Cal is such an all around good guy that it is hard to imagine not liking him. Watching the Orioles, and specifically, Cal, was a part of my getting myself back together again.

I'm sorry that you were in intensive care with your Dad, IAD. That must have been hard.

Cal stands for everything professional sports should be, but often isn't. Hooray for Cal! It's still hard to watch a game without him in it.:upset:
    AF as of August 5th, 2012

Comment

Working...
    X