Need advice on hynosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need advice on hynosis

I started the hypno program on Friday --- and I don't think I am getting it! Are there people that can't go under? Does anyone have any advice for me?

I need help. I am planning to make tomorrow my first AF day.

Need advice on hynosis

hi Pink Lady, the hypno requires some practice and patience like any mental discipline, but you can't help but benefit from it no matter what so just keep trying. if you can be in a veery relaxed quiet place it's best from my experience. sometimes I'll have distracting thoughts and other times I'll just sink into an indescribable world of effortless concentration. I've also found if I eat too much prior to doing hypno it makes me uncomfortable. Keep up the good work and good for you for looking forward to that first AF day!
    nosce te ipsum
    (Know Thyself)

Comment

Need advice on hynosis

Hi Pinky. I too listen in different frames of mind. Sometimes I get so relaxed I fall asleep. (wish I could do more of that at 2Am LOL!). Sometimes I have stuff on my mind and have trouble concentrating. Other times I sort of get in a zone - I think like Deter is talking about. I worried a lot about that stuff at first - now I just put the CD's on every day and go with it. I don't know how it helps (never researched hypnosis) but I know that it's helping. I have moments where something "hits" me - and I'm quite sure it's coming from "Will" (my name for the voice)

Keep listening! I think you will love getting free.

DG
      Sobriety Date = 5/22/08
      Nicotine Free Date = 2/27/07

One day at a time.

Comment

Need advice on hynosis

My hub just quit smoking and dipping with hypno tapes 12 days ago. I KNOW it works because he'd done it on and off since teen years and we're in our 40's. I'm so proud of him. You can do it with the drinking too. Solitude is the key factor.

Comment

Need advice on hynosis

I think it's hard to know if you are hypnotized or not. The main thing is just to take time away from everything and listen. Maybe you don't feel hypnotized but actually are. I think that's how it is with me. I can only take the time at night, so I listen as I go to sleep and many times fall asleep before I get to the messages, but I think it might help anyway. At least it helps me sleep lol.

oh, yes, and after an initial period of being irritated by "Will's" voice, I've come to like it, yes I even look forward to it (but cannot stand the 1st hypnotic track, with all the steps, escalators, etc... boring as hell!) I take the 2nd hypnotic track and then fall asleep to the subliminal one that follows (on my iPod).
          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Need advice on hynosis

Thanks! I appreciate the advice. I have continued to listen, even though I feel like I am actually not picturing everything happening like he says. Last night I know it was a mess because the dog kept scratching at the door and I could hear the kids walking around shutting and opening doors. Tonight, I will try to find a quieter place ---- maybe in the car, parked in the driveway! :H

Even though I am not feeling hypnotized, and I don't find a spot in the count back that I feel like I am waking, I do feel that they help. One of my suggestions is taking the dog for a walk, and I have done that consistently since I started. I also have some cravings for healthy stuff --- virtually nonexistent before I made it a suggestion!

Maybe I am trying to hard. I will keep at it! Thanks again!

Comment

Need advice on hynosis

Hi Pink Lady, I worried a lot at first as to whether I was doing them right. I think the main thing is just to relax, don't think too hard about what he's saying. I remember thinking do I picture/look at myself on the escalator or do I imagine I'm actually doing it. In the end, I just relaxed and tried to imagine that I'm doing the things he suggests. It definitely helps though - as soon as I stopped them, I got complacent, I started to think I could moderate...well, the rest is history! Good luck!! Janicexx
              AF since 9 May 2012
              Quit trying to control something that is uncontrollable (Bear February 08)

Comment

Need advice on hynosis

A friend of mine has recently had hypnosis to stop smoking, she only had one session two
                weeks ago and has not smoked since, she says she was aware of what was happening.
                The hypnotherapist told her that it reprogrammes your subconscious mind. I don't know
                if it works the same for drink problems.
                Paula.

Comment

Need advice on hynosis

would like to read that article, tkeene
                  Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Comment

Need advice on hynosis

not yet. am just posting again and unfortunately a little UTI, v sorry. I will try soon.

Comment

Working...
                    X