New Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Here

I drink too much alone. Only minor health problems (a few extra pounds, rosacea), but I like the way a couple of drinks break up my day. I don't have any family or friends to regularl offer me that.

Anyone like to talk about it with me?

Thanks.

New Here

Hi there and welcome
    I completely understand where you are coming from! As scary as this sounds, I sometimes feel 'empty' without those couple of drinks (or more!) to break up my day.....
    Are you interested in this program? I just ordered my stuff online from this site myself, so I am also new.
    Where are you from?
    Cheers
    Jen

Comment

New Here

The program seems a little hard-sell from what I've seen.

I live in Tampa.

Comment

New Here

Welcome Raphael,
        This program works if you are ready to change. I'm not sure what you mean by hard-sell.

Marcie

Comment

New Here

Hi Raphael,

Welcome. I know where you're coming from but I didn't stop at a couple of drinks! I basically drank all day.

I don't find the program hard-sell at all. There are some people here who do the entire program, others just use some aspects of it. It's totally up to yourself.

For me it's been a life (and sanity) saver.

Hi also Jen.

Tawny

Comment

New Here

I must be a member of the cult0] , since I never found the program hard sell! I've done everything completely of my own volition. I've had my criticisms of this program. I guess I see things as "hard sell" when someone calls you on the phone or shows up at your door and won't take no for an answer. You will find a number of people here who are pretty convinced that this is the complete "way out" for them, and also quite a few who use the parts of the program that work for them, but not the rest. Either way, everyone is usually welcome here, only a very, very infintesimal (sp?) few have been unwelcome, usually because they have been exceptionally ill-behaved. We tolerate dissention and welcome diversity. Welcome, Raphael.

Kathy

Comment

New Here

Drinking Alone

By hard sell, I meant the website owner's marketing of her books, cassettes, medications, etc. I'm more interested in some person-to-person contact.

Comment

New Here

Re: Drinking Alone

The reason most of us are interested in this program is the privacy issue. We want to be able to deal with our alcohol issues in the privacy of our own homes.

The supplements can be bought at local health stores or online through other sources than this one. The book outlines this program, and I've found it very useful. As far as the CD's/cassettes there are several discussion threads about them. There are other hypnotherapy CD's available in addition to or instead of the ones available on MWO. If you are interested in face to face contact, maybe AA is a route to consider.

Marcie

Comment

New Here

Drinking Alone

No, I'm not interested in AA. I don't do well with "programs" and I don't like the hassle of meetings. I'm just looking for a couple of people with whom I can have extended email communication to talk about drinking. But it also doesn't even seem like that is possible here. All communication seems to be sent only to the central bulletin board for group posting.

Comment

New Here

Hi Raphael,

You have to give this a chance. You're not going to build that kind of intimate relationship that quickly. As far as the "hard sell" is concerned, it has only been recently that some of these products have come to the market and MWO has developed a relatively complete product line. Much of this has been in response to people on this site ASKING for these products to be marketed. People have had such a hard time getting all of the supplements in line for themselves, especially the high-quality products that are required. If you do look back to past postings, though, you willl find links to other sites where you can find other high-quality supplements instead of the MWO ones that will do just fine. RJ is making some money off of this, yes, but I doubt she is the next Bill Gates!

I understand what you mean about relationships, however, but you do have to give this time. YOU need to make an investment of time. I have developed a number of very meaningful relationships that give me a great deal of support on this site--relationships that show every sign of becoming life-long friendships. You have only been here for a very short while. I have been here for six months--even that is not a great deal of time. I have read and posted, I have made friends on chat. I have e-mailed to others in their ezboxes and others have ezmailed me. I have many friendships on MWO, and a few of those relationships have grown beyond the site partly because of common interests and proximity, etc.. If you want that, and I think it is a worthwhile goal, I suggest that you make an investment. It isn't going to fall in your lap!

I hope you make a choice to do that and take a risk, because the other choice is......drinking alone. I wish you the best.

Kathy

Comment

New Here

Hi Raphael,

This is a community, and as such we support eachother on many issues, not just drinking issues. There are many different discussion groups here. If you go back to list you will find that we discuss reading, music, faith, the list goes on. We are most certainly a fun loving and most welcoming group, I am sure you will fit right in. As people become more familiar, quite often friendships do form. Welcome!

Donna

Comment

New Here

Drinking Alone

How can one talk directly to another here through e-mail? You mentioned EZ boxes?

Comment

New Here

Drinking Alone

I'd like an online environment where communicants posted personal profiles so each would know something about with whom (s)he was corresponding. Is that possible here?

Comment

New Here

Raphael,
                            I would recommend posting or respond to posts and/or chat with people and you may find out more about them if they are comfortable sharing. Remember we are here because we welcome the privacy.

Comment

New Here

HI Raphael,

I don't notice that you have posted a whole lot of info about yourself on your profile, so I'm not inclined to share more about myself with you, nor do I think that anyone else on this site should share more about themselves either. In fact, it is really unclear to me how interested you are in dealing with drinking issue and how interested are you about other things.... I would think that if you are really interested in dealing with your drinking you would be very grateful for a site like this. You've had opportunities to tell us more about yourself right here, and you haven't done so.

Good luck if you are sincere. If you are, I'm sure that will become clear, and I will welcome you to this site, as I have welcomed many others.

Kathy

Comment

Working...
                              X