TOPA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TOPA

Hi Im at 75mg topa now week 2 and its doing nothing infact i cant even tell ive taken it , not even any side effects ,
    so would it be safe/better for me to take more ?
    Regards Phil

TOPA

I would follow the Topa exactly as it is written in the book which puts you at 50 mg week 2. I know it's hard to be patient, but this drug is nothing to fool around with in the way of side effects and going up too fast or starting at too high a dose can be dangerous. Just titrate up as the book states and you'll get to where you want to go. Good luck.

Comment

TOPA

I hope so, I had high hopes when I was at 50 but now I feel like I slipping and the cravings are coming back and a I drank a more last night than usual. It's been an usually stressful week and I know I need to use my own judgement but I rea''y thought the Topa would take the drive away and I'd be ok with two glasses of wine.

Comment

TOPA

How much TOPA are you taking now, Patty? Oh, and incidently, you HAVE HAD a stressful week! Part of why we all have had drinking problems has been to escape stress and painful feelings. When we don't drink, or try to moderate and drink like "normal" people, we are also trying to face all those difficult feelings without our old "bud" alcohol! It is damn uncomfortable!

I wasn't a big fan of kudzu before, and I don't take it regularly, but I went down a little on the topa because I was so fuzzy from a sinus infection. I've been poppin about 1,000 kudzu when I;ve had urges to drink, and it really has helped a lot!

Good luck!
        Kathy

Good luck
        Kathy

Comment

TOPA

oops upped it to 100mg still cant tell ive taken it though.
          Best drop back down.
          Regards Phil

Ps not had a drink for 2 weeks but thats down to will power not the topa

Comment

TOPA

Are you sure, Phil? It's not like you're not going to not want a drink at all on topa, espec at 100 mg. It does make it a bit easier not to cave in, though.

Kathy

Comment

TOPA

Yes i went 8 weeks before i got my topa on will power alone then i caved in and started drinking again only much more than before i stoped if that makes any sence dont know why.
              Now ive done two weeks and im still finding it hard im sat here wating for the shop to close so i cant buy any beer. The topa is having no effect at all .Has any body else try going up faster ?

Ps i couldnt write before the topa before any one says anything :lol

Comment

TOPA

Hi there,
                Well, my Topa hasn't arrived yet and I'm ready to call the Dr. to get a script BUT, bounce, I think you should read more history in this site about the use of Topa and I agree that you should stick to what the book says. Be careful.
                Otherwise, GOOD LUCK to you and I REALLY want my Topa so I can join in with the rest of these great folks and figure out what combination works for me.
                CB

Comment

TOPA

I am very impressed that were able to drink without any meds- just hang in and stick with what it says- do you want to do moderation or abstinence, because if you don;t want to drink maybe you should switch to campral which is for abstinence.

I'm at 75mg and have had 3 glasses of wine today but I used to have two bottles a day, sometimes more, nit there are people on here that are on 250 mg that go days with no cravings, drink nothing for days at a time, then have a couple of glasses on the weekend or whever. That's what I want. I am weeks away from that and I hope the med does that for me. Good luck- since you hate wine try that-

Comment

Working...
                  X