GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

Had my first martial arts session last night, A one on one lesson, I love it, feeling a bit sore today, but it is better than having a hangover! All I have been thinking about today is practice and next weeks lesson, not about beer! today was the first day in a long time that I was distracted enough not to think about it. will even be getting back into the weights to help with my fitness. I highly reccomend that we all find something physical that you enjoy that will hopefully help beat the battle of the grog.

There you go, the challenge is out there, anything that helps you breathe faster, could even be boot scootn as long as you can enjoy it!! would like to hear from everyone what they do or are planning on doing to get fit again

good luck

Maxman
    "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

Hi Maxman,
    Well, I've ben on again off again with both fitness and alcohol the last few months, now, but when I was hitting the aerobics and cycling sessions I was feeling terrific. And I was losing weight, gaining energy and feeeling better. Then I screwed up and stopped............ winter.... what an excuse! Just because the sun doesn't appear till 7 am doesn't mean I don't have to sleep in.... b ut I did!. So, I'm starting up again, with a trip skiing in NZ for a week 17th August, then really keeping up with the exercise.

A little aerobics, a little weights workout, some static cycling and some dietary modification and I hope by October I'll be able to fit into a brand new scuba outfit I have on lay by.
    It is a great feeling once you've been at it for 10 days or so, you really want to do more.
    This probably didn't answer your question directly but it wound around it but i hope you get the gist.
    PS What is it in the background of your avatar photo? A sandbar?

Comment

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

Mmmmmm, you`ve set a tough challenge maxman.

I`m away to give this some serious thought, so I`ll get back to you!!! LOL

Champion Couch Potato (aka Starlight Impress)

Comment

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

G'day Max,

Last evening in the bar after our gym session, two friends and I decided to train for a triathlon. Probably sprint distance for the first one!

Neither of them have done any competitive type sport before (although they are both pretty fit in their own preferred sports).

One is a strong cyclist - but doesn't run much - and doesn't swim at all.
        One is a strong swimmer, who cycles a little but doesn't run at all - this is probably the guy with most to do - and it was he that suggested it!.

Me - I cycle, run, swim and HAVE competed in Triathlons in the past - but have just been ticking over lately - so it will be good to get back focused on some concrete goal again.

Should be interesting!

see ya

Satori
        "Though there are many paths at the foot of the mountain - all those who reach the top see the same moon - as any fule kno"

Comment

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

sounds great mate, I am also training for a run in october 7.6km of pure hell! the arthurs seat hill climb, from the rosebud pier to the top of arthurs seat. pretty steep, will be shin splint city. I have wanted to do it for years but didnt have the motivation to give it a go

max
          "From now on, walking is my beer and feeling good is my hangover" .....Homer Simpson

Comment

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

I am hearing you Max, but not doing much about it. I am significantly overweight and just committed to walking the Kokoda Trail next year!!! AAGGHHHH!!!

I am paralised with inaction! how do I get moving????

As you know, Canberra in winter is a miserable affair - so hard to feel motivated to do ANYTHING!

HELP ME!!!!
            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

awesome the kokoda track would be fantastic, my cousin did it last year and siad it was unbelievable. Make sure you wear in your boots properly before you go. I didnt wear in mine when I did the cradle mountain walk in tasmania and had blisters on every single toe, it wasnt much fun, especially watching my mates swimming and me not even wanting to take off my boots. The next trip to tas soth western arthurs I had a good worn in pair of boots and had no trouble at all. Any advice needed I am sure satori or myself can help you flip.

good luck

max

Comment

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

First question.

How do I get off the couch?

Comment

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

like a donkey with a carrot on a string, start with a small goal like building up fitness for the kokoda. Get yourself a backpack/ daypack and start two two litre bottles filled with water and get out there walk for as far as you feel comfortable then next time go heavier or further. The fitter you are when you go to the track, which is pretty tough , the more enjoyable it will be for you. If the load is too heavy you can always drink it! you will be suprised on how much easier it will get if you stick at it

good luck

max

Comment

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

Make sure you get them boots and start wearing them in!!

Comment

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

Sweetheart, I don't need to carry anything extra right now, my extra 30kg of fat is enough for now!

And you've missed a step - the getting off the couch bit! lol

Comment

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

I meant it as in getting used to carrying a pack! get that carrot!

xo

Comment

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

There is a big huntsman spider that lives in the cushions of your couch!

Comment

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

I am going to pay a porter to carry my pack (apart from water etc) and I really don't care about spiders.... keep trying!! lol

Comment

GET OFF THE COUCH!!!!

you are a tuff nut to crack!

Comment

Working...
                              X