Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oh Pulleeze! These CDs are worthless! Can anyone relate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My CDs arrived today and I WAS SO EXCITED I STARTED IMMEDIATELY. Let me try to tell you, they are not worth the money. I haven't listened to the subliminal messages yet, but then again, you have to get the first two under your belt for the rest to work. And all all this for only $98.

I am SO DISAPPOINTED. I had waited eagerly for this to arrive. Chances are, they will pull this off the board before anyone has a chance to respond. How the heck can a language major, or perhaps anyone else, listen to THAT VOICE mispronunciate words, like escalator as escULATOR, or suggestions as sugESTIONS? Pretty hard to take that in stride and "relaxe" and get "hypnotized" and the da*ned guy talks too much - you just get into repeating his "mantra" and his freaking voice intrudes. Oh, by the way, the inner text says it takes7-28 days to take effect. Excuse me, but get someone who speaks American English properly!

Let the ocean and the seagulls talk. Don't intrude on inner meditation with "VERY NICE". SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP. I've listened to the first 2 CDs and my hopes were so set up today when they arrived. THEN he starts with analogies to stairs, ESCULATORS and elevators to get you to deeper levels of hypnosis. Hypnosis my a$$. Go ahead, pull this off the board - but for $98 I am going to try to have my say. Who here hasn't had a bad experience with stairs (they must go on forever like the Eiffel Tower which I never climbed but that kind of climb isn't relaxing, is it?), he wants you to relate to stairs that RELAX you. So I tried three times with my indoor and outdoor (through the garden and planted with creepint thyme ane pinkS - VERY RELAXING - BUT ONLY EIGHT OF THEM) stairs. And then when you reach the bottom you get on a downward escUlator. Very relaxing - NOT when the word aggravates you. The second CD includes references not only to the escUlator but to elevators. Uh, excuse me, but has anyone else from a big city been in a big elevator in a tall building that actually FELL? I have. You probably have, too. Not a good picture. Why could they not choose as analogies a walk around a meadow with flowers, a walk along the seashore, fill in the blank whatever you want - something besides up and down thangs that most of us have had a bad experience with? ANYTHING WITH YOUR FEET SOLIDLY ON THE GROUND - that is why we're here, isn't it? Cuz our feet are NOT solidly planted on the ground?

Well, I had my say and I doubt any of you will ever see it. I will probly get booted off the board forever, which is a darned shame, because there is SO MUCH GOOD HERE.

Best and good bye
    Rock

Thanks for listening to my rant. I doubt any of you will see it.
    Best
    Rock

Re: Oh Pulleeze! These CDs are worthless! Can anyone relate

You are totally entitleed to your opinion, mine haven't come yet- I will be very interested to hear them.

I wonder what the return policy is.

Comment

Rock, Rock, Rock.....take a deep deep breath. Then another and another. I can relate to how you feel here. I did not feel quite the depth of your frustration I don't think but after trying the CD's a few times, I just decided to "take what I could use and leave the rest." I think the man pronounces his words like that on purpose....that's the conclusion I came to. I found myself itching when listening to them. :rolleyes

Some people like the way he says "very nice." There was a board posting about it a couple weeks ago. I thought I was the only one who was annoyed by it. To each their own. Remember to take what you can use and leave the rest. Individualize this program for you.

Comment

Rock,
        I basically agree that the pronunciation is horrid. The "esculator" pronunciation really drove me crazy. However I heard the cd's for several days without really listening to them and they grew on me. I was really tense coming home the other night so I put them on in the car and they really helped to calm me down.
        As they say don't analyse them which is what I was doing.So give them another chance. They truly irritated me at first but pronunciation aside they do indeed relax me. I think the subliminal cd is the best. I think on that one I am bothered by the mispronunciation of hammock(a hanging rope-bed). He calls it a "hummock" which is a big bump.
        As with everything else right now I'm trying not to overanalyse and just relax. He does pronounce his s's well though.
        Good luck
        Janet

Comment

Hi Rock,

Many people have a difficult time at first with the hypno cds. It really is quite a different experience then most are use to. The first time I did the clearing cd I had such a hard time focusing that once I got to the beach and was suppose to be looking for a hammock, I found myself looking for, and FINDING a beach bar.

I would not write them off so quickly. Were you in a calm, quiet atmosphere as the direction suggested? Are you drinking only non alcoholic beverages? Also, try starting with just the clearing cd first. Break it up into two half hour sessions so it is not so long. After that, the subliminal cd can be listened to while you go about your everyday business, as you work at your computer, cook dinner, drive home, etc... The Sleeplearning Cd is simply listened to while you sleep.

Perhaps some of these suggestions will help you have more success! Best of Luck!!

Donna

Comment

Rock,
            As Donna said, it may take a little time to get used to them. I didn't get as much out of them until I listened while I was sober. I did listen the first couple times and I was drinking, I pretty much just fell asleep or passed out and didn't get anything out of them.

I'd give them a few more tries.

Marcie

Comment

Try some different CD's Rock!!! Have a (((Rock))) Hug!

Hi Rock!

I've actually gotten quite attached to James' voice and really find him verrrrry nice although, like you, I did have an issue with both his voice and the pronunciation at first.

If you really feel strongly about it though, I would try to get a refund, and try some other sites through Google for alcohol hypno CD's. In fact, if you do a search on MWO, I think there are threads that mention other hynotherapy CD providors.

I wouldn't worry about your thread getting pulled. This site is to help. We're not a freaking cult!!! Chill out, sweetie!

Hugs to ((((((Rock))))))
              Kathy

PS: At least he doesn't have to say "nucular" :rollin

Comment

Re: Try some different CD's Rock!!! Have a (((Rock))) Hug!

Rock,

This post is cracking me up! When I first listened to the CDs, I was most annoyed by the way he pronounced "hammock" as "hummock." Really, pay attention people and back me up - he DOES say "hummock." That can't be a dialect variation and a hummock is a bump on road caused by heat warping:lol

I don't want to imagine myself sitting on, or in, a hummock!

However, the CDs do grow on you and I have found them useful. I just try to not let how he pronounces things get to me, Though I can imagine how disappointing it would be if you were so eagerly awaiting them. AKS for your money back!

Laughing heartily,
                Pansy

Comment

Is this a Tempest in a Teapot?

I think that James is a very talented hypnotherapist, and I have actually written to him in the past to ask his permission to use his "cleansing stream" imagery if I ever make some relaxation tapes for some of my clients. He graciously gave me permission! Of course, with my New York accent, we may end up having to peel them off the ceiling!!! (Now our NY MWOuter's don't get your hackles up here!! )

I am actually responding here to Donna's and Memarcie's post about listening sober, which is a good point. I have NEVER, EVER been successful in listening to the CD's when I have been drinking, even just a little!! Maybe there's a subliminal suggestion in there, because even if I had only had one or two drinks(when I first started the program back in December), if I started listening to the CD's, the room would start spinning and I'd feel nauseous, as if I was completely pissed!!!! I have to be sober to listen to them, if I'm to listen to them at all!

Anyway, there are lots of resources out there. I think it is important to have a hypno program. Doesn't have to be James' program. I recognize his limitations, but I think he's terrific!

Hugs to all!
                  Kathy

Comment

I like the CDs and are helping me the 1st time I listened to them was great was 2 weeks ago just after my final big binge got very deep into them other days been harder phone rang someone mowing the lawn and the best one son flushed the toilet not guite the some sound as the stream. :lol Have read that they work better for some.Give them time.

Comment

Hi, please don't write them off straight away! I found them amusing at first and wondered what it was all about. Then I decided to give them a proper go and I found they really really helped me at the beginning. A few weeks into the program I kind of drifted from them. Anyhow, I have now been back listening to them for the last 3 or 4 weeks and I honestly am hooked again!!

They make such a difference to my attitude (don't ask my how!) but I do feel more in control and relaxed. In fact when I get stressed instead of reaching for the bottle of wine, I have found myself getting cosy in the bedroom with James and his escyoulater and feeling very very nice!

Comment

Oh James!:rollin

Comment

Behave!:eek

Comment

when I get stressed instead of reaching for the bottle of wine, I have found myself getting cosy in the bedroom with James and his escyoulater and feeling very very nice! Oh James. Be nice.

You ladies crack me up. Now really how much time do I need to give James ? I've listened 5 times and he still annoys me when he says "very nice" and for that matter, now that you've mentioned it, the way he says "escalator" and all that stair declining is BORING and I itch and itch (I think I itch out of boredom). I can surely think of others I'd rather be in the bedroom with.

Comment

Maggie,

I can relate to you too, and I'm partly just having some fun. I really find Part 2 both the hypno and clearing the most helpful. I think once you have done part 1 once or twice, you probably only need to do them once in a while for a tune up. I don't need or want such a verrrrrry lonnnnnng induction!

I am doing both parts right now because I've felt a little shaky, but often I will do just part 2 of the hypno and clearing. It works for me, and is much less time consuming, as well. I just have to make sure that I DO THEM!!!

At any rate, there are other hypno programs out there, and the reason that I mentioned them in a previous entry is so that other people can search for them on the site and purchase them if they want to. People don't have to use James' tapes if they don't want to! This is MWO, remember?

Pleasant day, all!
                              Kathy

Comment

Working...
                              X