Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do We Want to Do a June Moderation Event?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All!

It's your illustrious moderation leader here!!!

Would anyone like to continue the moderation event into June? Unfortunately, I will not be able to lead the event myself because of a couple of commitments. I will be moving my office, my sister is preparing to move to this area and will be living with me, at least for a bit, and I will be heading the sewing committee for the marching band at my daughter's high school for the fall season. So although I would like to continue to moderate myself, I don't think I would be doing anyone a service to agree to head up the event in June, and certainly wouldn't be setting a good example of taking care of MYSELF if I agreed to do something that I couldn't!

So I'm asking if any of you want to continue the event, and if anyone would be willing to head up the event, as well.

Feel free to respond on this thread, or ezmail me!

Love to all!
    Kathy

Well Kathy,

I am not sure if I am the one you are hoping to here from here but I do really hope that the moderation board continues! For one thing I really hope to be joining it as an active member one day....don't no when, but one day. But I do think it is a positve step in the right direction as far as the growth of this site is concerned. I love the interacction that has begun to happen between the abs board and the moderation board in the past two weeks and that simply can't continue if we no longer have a moderation board.

So, my answer is YES, I would love to contiue the moderation event into June.

Donna

Comment

I posted my response under the moderation board. How do you "glue" your response from one spot to another? I'm not computer savy like that. Do you just do the cut and paste thing like in Word?

Comment

Bec,

You copy, then paste.

Donna

Comment

Illustrious Leader... I just ez'd you. I don't know how to do the transfer either, but this'll work.:lol

Comment

The moderation events must continue!! :lol
            Seriously though, it's so important to be able to read the daily posts - all the struggles, accomplishments. setbacks, breakthroughs etc, of everyone on both mods and abs boards. Other boards don't give us the same perspective on the process.

2 cents by,
            Deirdre

Comment

Oh illustrious moderation leader, I bow low to you, exalted one!!! 8) ))

I also think the moderation threads should continue, as new members/old members finish periods of abstinence/ attempt new periods of moderation. I think the daily threads are valuable to anyone considering/reconsidering moderation.

I for one am going for abstinence in June, given a few stumbles in the past month or so. I'm not overblaming myself too much, given mom's death and all that, but I do recognize and admit that I have not yet done the 30 days of abstinence before attempting moderation that the MWO program recommends. But I'm also planning that period of abstinence with an open end in mind--how will I feel? Ready to practice moderation while staying faithful with my personal guidelines, supplements, and CDs? Or maybe I'll just feel so good being abstinent that I will just want to continue along that path for a while? Won't know 'til I go there, I guess . . .

But everyone's trials, stumbles, and successes while on this journey are instrumental in gaining insights on my own little path. So I would like these threads to continue.

Hugs to all
              Ter

Comment

I would love to join as a newbie. It is 7 days to June, my topa is arriving at the local pharmacy next Monday ... I probably will have the tapes on MP3 by this weekend ... all systems go!

Comment

Defnitely think it should go ahead. Am doing abstinance at the moment but would like to try moderation at some stage. I feel these boards keep me focused and sometimes reading someones elses post reminds us of how far we have all come or gives us encouragement. I really identified with Rebecca yesterday when she said she did not find three days being abstinant hard whereas once it was torture. Remember it took us all years before we got to the stage of it being normal to drink a bottle of wine everyday. Therefore it will take a long time to reverse the habit.

Comment

I definately want a moderation board as am hoping to start moeration in june.Will also be monitoring abs board as well.Both sites have been very helpful to me over the last month.I really look foward to jumping back and forth

Comment

I have pledged to myself to have a "moderation summer", so I would love to join your event, but we still need a leader, right? I haven't joined an event before so I don't know what the leader is supposed to do.

I haven't been on the site for a while, but I have been on the program for 3 months now. I have really decreased my daily intake and lost a few pounds but have a long way to go. This sounds like a great way to get motivated.

Comment

Hi a newbie

I really hope i get i need before june as i have just placed my order.I really hope this program works as all else i have tried has failed. I must say I am hopeful. Is the june abs mean a no drinking at all month which is my objective.

Comment

Re: Hi a newbie

I think I will start out with both boards. Abs and Mods sinces I didn't start out completely obstaining. I wasn't strong enoug willed to not drink at all, however, I have cut back to almost nothing, but not there yet. Not sure which group I'll end up in, but want to be in one or the other. Eliziby

Comment

Re: Hi a newbie

So is this on?

Comment

Working...
                            X